new realmability

C

cougar-

cost 14 points, active, every 30 min.

Function:Remove all your opponents concentration buffs.

Would you buy it?

(just a suggestion and maybe one way to handle buffbot whine.)

A

aucard

10 points cost and max 15 min timer :p

i had that idea for a long time now.

O

old.Tdaer

sure :D

as if IP for fighters wasnt cheap enough !!

i know how about .. lets just nerf archers .. and make everyone else happy ..

how about an RA for rangers that does AOE nuke .. hmmz call it .. Cuuldurach's Revenge... 500 AOE DoT cost 5 points and timer is 10 mins with a 1250 radius .. that should help..

heh

elf out

W

-Wedge-

And since when would this be an archer nerf...

Imho, they should just put a range on buffs... Not a silly 2000 range (heal is currently that), and not one that spawns across 7 zones...

But rather one that crosses like 10000, if you lose your group that much, I'm betting the cleric wouldnt be able to concentrate enough to give you those buffs anyway...

Then again, I dont care about buff bots :p

N

Novamir

could work indeed, but maybe 10 points as it can either be the winning factor (ie when fighting alpha) or do nothing at all (when fighting normal unbuffed stealther)

D

Danya

I'd only buy it if it would strip resist buffs. ;)

Also the buff thing, 8000 range would be good - that's the range for getting RPs in a group. :)

F

Flimgoblin

it's called a Debuff

they're very effective against buffed characters...

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Fingoniel
it's called a Debuff

yeah almost make em as bad as unbuffed regular dudes.

ps. heard latest pendragon patch has max range on buffs if u dont wanna lose them, kinda nullifies buffb0tz.

F

Flimgoblin

not that I've seen - they've been suggesting fixes to buffbots... but there's nothing posted yet to fix em.

Oh and I completely agree that assassin+buffbot is a completely different thing to an unbuffed assassin...

unbuffed assassin gets slaughtered by tanks 5 levels below :) buffed assassins will obliterate tanks 5 levels above ;)

W

Whoodoo_RD

I think a better form of RA would be the ability to have some of the specs other chars do for a small period of time, imagine a stealthing runie, or a warrior with skald speed, or a thane with mezz (and no the RA we got - Static Tempest is so sucky its unbeleivable).

Would put a lil more spice into things, just for giggles :)

OC they would be on like 20-30 min timers, and cost like 8-14 points, but would be a lil more fun :)

V

Vasconcelos

unbuffed assassin gets slaughtered by tanks 5 levels below :) buffed assassins will obliterate tanks 5 levels above ;)

Assasins can kill tanks 5 levels below easily, even can kill some 50th tanks.

Assasins 45th cannot kill tanks 50th even with buffs.

Q

quinthar

How about this: To address the issue of people with too many RP's:

RP's for People < 5hrs a day = Hrs played * RP's Gained
RP's for people > 5hrs a day = Hrs played / RP's Gained

That would provide some balance so that people that dont play much get more RP's and people that do feck all else get naff all :p

Bout as sensible and people bitchin about creating a RA to annoy people with buff bots.

So, now we'll see whos whining about buff bots, is it people with bugger all RP's or is it people with tons of RP's!!

Before you get all jumped up and pathetic read what was said.

B

bishibosh

or..... make ppl get 10% more rp for every buff the enemy has (- selfbuff) , so you at least get more rp for killing the assassin that you could only hit once out of every 7 attempts and for a small fraction of their health, than you get for one thats not godlike

B

belth

It should be a passive for 4 points... 50% chance on each hit to proc a concbuff-remover that removes one of their buffs :p

Also make a passive for 8 points that gives you 25% chance to proc a RR-degrader that reduces the targets RR (and RP in the process) by 1 if they're not within visual range of their buffer :eek:

Visual range would be far enough for buff range I guess...

A

Arnor

good idea cougar, if it was on a 15min timer id hit it ;)

D

Danya

it's called a Debuff

Fine, give me debuffs. :p

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by cougar-
yeah almost make em as bad as unbuffed regular dudes.

No, it technically makes them quite a lot worse than unbuffed dudes.

S

skile

Just fix the "active-range" of buffs. They do not disappear when your buffed player gets out of range, they excist but are not active. And when the player gets in range the buffs are active again, can't be that hard to fix :).

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by old.LandShark

No, it technically makes them quite a lot worse than unbuffed dudes.

So how about a debuffed unbuffed dude then? What's he? quite a lot worse than a water beetle?

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.Niljindil
So how about a debuffed unbuffed dude then? What's he? quite a lot worse than a water beetle?
Debuffs have less effect if the target isn't buffed, except resist buffs which do the same regardless. :p

D

-Dreama-

Just fix the "active-range" of buffs. They do not disappear when your buffed player gets out of range, they excist but are not active. And when the player gets in range the buffs are active again, can't be that hard to fix .

now that's probably the most sensable suggestion on buffbot fixes I've ever herd.

Give the man a pie!

Users who are viewing this thread