New races for next expansion

E

eben

Any thoughts on possible races for the next expansion?

For races, I have the following suggestions:

Albion - realm has just got their short-arses in Inconnu, next thing they need is a big race of the size of trolls/firbies...so how about granite giant? Or an ogre?

Midgard - Enough short-arses here now...needs a norse size character...how about orc or svartalf?

Hibernia - How about a leprechaun? :)

O

old.Xarr

i think svartalf would be a cool addition to the midgard realm. they need to re-do the concept tho. the svartalfar weren't some aliens with green glowing eyes. in norse mythology they were elves with dark skin since they lived underground, not ugly like the npc svartalf we have now.

oh and ogre could be cool for albion so they get their 'big' race :)

O

old.Lianuchta

Hmm Leprechaun = Lurikeen. It is just that one is the celtic way of spelling it and the other the Saxon way if I remember correctly.

Empyrean could be fun for Hibernia, transparency would kick arse :)

T

The Fonz

Albion are gonna get either a half man, half giant race called John or some half man, half dragon creature that has really tough skin and can insta cast a fire spell fire. It will also have a tail that you can attach weapons to. I think it will be like that dude from spiderman, no not green goblin, that other guy who is a scientist but works for that fat guy with no hair.

Midgard will get a vampire race that hangs out in dungeons and insta regens full health after killing an enemy. It won't be a stealther but it will move very fast and be really cool and everyone will shout Nerf but the vamps won't give a shit because they won't belong in the game but will totally kick ass so won't care. Plus they'll look really cool and everyone will start playing one because they own.

Hibernia will get a cloth wearing healer, half badger, half water cress creature. It will glow bright green so enemy tanks know what to kill first and it will also give out 3 times more RP's than any other player on the battlefield just to stick the boot in.

It will be the same size as a Firbolg and have a really long neck.

Thats what I think anyway...

O

old.Xarr

hmmm you should post that hibernia idea on the dev's round table, sounds neat-o :D

B

blain

Originally posted by The Fonz
Albion are gonna get either a half man, half giant race called John or some half man, half dragon creature that has really tough skin and can insta cast a fire spell fire. It will also have a tail that you can attach weapons to. I think it will be like that dude from spiderman, no not green goblin, that other guy who is a scientist but works for that fat guy with no hair.

Midgard will get a vampire race that hangs out in dungeons and insta regens full health after killing an enemy. It won't be a stealther but it will move very fast and be really cool and everyone will shout Nerf but the vamps won't give a shit because they won't belong in the game but will totally kick ass so won't care. Plus they'll look really cool and everyone will start playing one because they own.

Hibernia will get a cloth wearing healer, half badger, half water cress creature. It will glow bright green so enemy tanks know what to kill first and it will also give out 3 times more RP's than any other player on the battlefield just to stick the boot in.

Cynical?

D

Damon_D

As fare as midgaard goes..WE DONT WANT ANY MORE HALF ARSED WANNABE VIKING RACES AS THE WET DOG AKA VALKYN !!!!
Give us a caster race with high starting pie... yeah sure we are the meele realm , but its not like our fighter races are better than the other realms is it ??? So cough it up Mythic you silly lump of fudge.. How they should look ?? I dont care as long as they dont look like wet dog's or un-groomed chimps !

E

eben

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

he's parodying the usual VN-board suggestions ;)

Parody or not, it was damn funny :)

half badger, half water cress creature ROFL

W

Whoodoo_RD

Hib should get dealers to sell their grass, they got way to much of it.

O

old.The McScrooges

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Hib should get dealers to sell their grass, they got way to much of it.

Is that some sort of crowd controller? Root, Amnesia, Stun and Attack Speed Debuffs?

T

The Fonz

NW Quick 1 FG of Hibs!!!

Shit they've seen us!

Ah ffs, I'm chilled out :/

Fucking overpowered Hibs...

K

klavrynd

i want a cross-realm paul hogan skin, so you can actually get away with saying 'm8' all the time

G

glorification

How about Were-creatures.
Instead of using a pet for combat a race that transforms itself into some snarling bag of violence.
Each race could have its own type with different pros and cons.
In creature form they could use howls or roars as buffs or debuffs (think chants)

There could easily be 3 different were-creatures, 1 for each realm. Were-wolves, were-bears, were-hamsters <grins>-for the hibs

N

n00b 79

Originally posted by The Fonz

:clap: :clap: :clap: i god damn love this guy (in a friendly way)

K

Kagato.

Minatours or Centours would be cool.

Agreed that albion has its short arsed race now, and we didn't want them bloody little ugly blue things in the first place.

S

Sigurd

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
As fare as midgaard goes..WE DONT WANT ANY MORE HALF ARSED WANNABE VIKING RACES AS THE WET DOG AKA VALKYN !!!!
Give us a caster race with high starting pie... yeah sure we are the meele realm , but its not like our fighter races are better than the other realms is it ??? So cough it up Mythic you silly lump of fudge.. How they should look ?? I dont care as long as they dont look like wet dog's or un-groomed chimps !

1) Valkyns are the best new race :p
2) Middie tanks are weaker on paper but they kick the shit out of other tanks in-game.

On topic:

Albion: Orcs
Hibernia: Gnomes/Pixies? Half-elves
Midgard: Werewolves or Svartalfs

A

Archeon

Albion: Fairies (Infact, make this the only albions race. I won't go into why ;) )
Hibbys: Garden Knomes
Midgard: found a picture --> :clap: He'd make one kick ass midgard, i've always wanted to be a smiley face ^_^

A

Armalite

Originally posted by old.Xarr
i think svartalf would be a cool addition to the midgard realm. they need to re-do the concept tho. the svartalfar weren't some aliens with green glowing eyes. in norse mythology they were elves with dark skin since they lived underground, not ugly like the npc svartalf we have now.

I'm prolly just being argumentative now, but the svartalfes in norse mythology were the EVIL kind of elves, but then again, so where the trolls & dwarves also...

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by Armalite

I'm prolly just being argumentative now, but the svartalfes in norse mythology were the EVIL kind of elves, but then again, so where the trolls & dwarves also...

you are absolutely correct. the svartalfar were very evil indeed. my point however had nothing to do with alignment, it was regarding their looks :)

A

Armalite

k. Would be cool if they dropped the armor they are wearing. It look really nice.

V

Vivishade

Originally posted by eben
Any thoughts on possible races for the next expansion?

For races, I have the following suggestions:

Albion - realm has just got their short-arses in Inconnu, next thing they need is a big race of the size of trolls/firbies...so how about granite giant? Or an ogre?

Midgard - Enough short-arses here now...needs a norse size character...how about orc or svartalf?

Hibernia - How about a leprechaun? :)

How bout a big teddy bear for hibernia? :)

F

Fagane

Ohh my GOD!!!

People want Drizt clones for Mids?

I heard my part of bad ideas but this actualy beats them all! Only a few good (serious) ideas on this forum so far and most of it is from power happy noobs.

Fagane

ps : Were-Hamsters souns actualy very cool if they are even more tiny then a Lurkeen and can become a bzerker with 2 times the Mids HP.........

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by the_chimera

1) Valkyns are the best new race :p
2) Middie tanks are weaker on paper but they kick the shit out of other tanks in-game.

On topic:

Albion: Orcs
Hibernia: Gnomes/Pixies? Half-elves
Midgard: Werewolves or Svartalfs

If Valkyns are the best new race I sencerly appologize , and feel sorry for the other two realms.. Because Valkyns are a the crappiest of all the races midgard has..and they look like un-groomed drunk chimps with a banana up there beeepppp

K

kinag

First of all people, albion is from the Arthurian Mythology so pls no Ogres or stuff like that, all races was plain Humans until those damn weird soundmaking Inconnu's came to the fair realm of albion!
so even tho those white-ish ugly animals entered the realm pls keep ogres and other ugly green-ish monsters out of the realm...

but orcs in Midgard seems like a cool idea, if not wws...

Z

Zeel

Ehm Svartalfs in norse mythology? I can't remember to have read any norse mythology that had svartalfs, not that I've read a whole lot, but still can't remember anywhere they'd be mentioned... Do they go under a different name? Nor do I remember reading anything about evil dwarves (a bit more shaky on that one...) Is there a slight mixing of Norse mythology and folk lore here?

And werewolves? Midgard already got the Were-lemmings as a class, so why make a race similar to it, can kinda see the were-wolf-lemming-character...

S

Sigurd

Svartalfs and Isalfs both existed in Norse mythology. Most Dwaves mentioned in Norse mythology are pretty evil, some aren't... and werewolves just look cool :p

Users who are viewing this thread