New Quests from patch notes

Dordanov

Fledgling Freddie
Just wondering if anybody has some info about the following:

In the patch notes of 1.64 and 1.65 there were some items regarding new quests, so i decided to check them out. Couldn't find them on Allakhazam nor Warcry, so decided to just trigger the quests and see what was needed.

First quest was said to speak to Squire Wellings in Gothwaite Harbor. Tried to talk to him, but he's not giving response. I /said the whole story in patch notes to him but nothing triggered anything. Anybody know something about it ?

Second quest i tried required me to talk to Sythric in Ft. Gwyntell. Now He gave me a very long story about all sorts of things, but didn't hand out a quest. I looked into some names he used (Valnir and Ris'nir) but not much use it seems, since there's no known loc on Valnir at allakhazam, and there were 5 mobs named Ris'nir around.

Last of all i would like to inform all of the Quest "Orcs with Spellbooks" that's triggered in Inishail at npc Veena.
Gives out a class specific Chest Armor lvl 51 wich is 100% qua and has a lifedrain proc.

Hope to get some info on the quests ;)

Dordanov

Fledgling Freddie
Herbal said:

Yeah that one i was able to do, since it triggers the way it should...

On the other quests again however;
I did encounter Ris'nir Cuss in the "Village of the Damned" just north of Gwyntell, however he turned out to be lvl 71ish and was smiting from a distance for 300 dmg. So he easily killed me and the minstrel friend i brought with me. So nothing new on that quest i am afraid.. still novody that knows anything ?

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Valnir pops around the area where the last Drakoran camp is by the Caldey border. Should be a pillar or something, need to kill specific mobs and spare the others. Once a certain amount have popped, Valnir will pop.

Dordanov

Fledgling Freddie
Yussef said:
Valnir pops around the area where the last Drakoran camp is by the Caldey border. Should be a pillar or something, need to kill specific mobs and spare the others. Once a certain amount have popped, Valnir will pop.

Thx for the info, Yussef, that was indeed something the npc Ythric was talking about, will try to check that out when i get out of work ASAP ;)

Morthomme

Fledgling Freddie
I've found some other information scraps for you:

Ris’Nir Cruss: A fairly powerful Drakoran, who uses lightning PBAOE attacks and casts area of effect mezz spells occasionally. His offense is quite strong overall, and he’s a good fight for about two groups of 50s.

Valnir Modreth: Valnir is a powerful lich, usually requiring at least two groups of level 50s, if not significantly more. His essence ghouls need to be targeted first. Beyond that, this guy is still pretty nasty overall – he uses lifetaps and other spells, which make him much more difficult to kill overall.

/salute

Dordanov

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for the info Morthomme ;)

I myself accidently stumbled into Ris'nir Cruss 2 days ago, when killing some of the named mobs in the "Village of the Damned". Was killing some of the named mobs over there for drops with a mincer friend when suddenly he started smiting me from outside while we were in a house (gotta love how mobs are not affected by LoS btw :touch: ) he hit for about 300 dmg a cast so by the time i stumbled outside the house he just killed me.

I get the feeling tho it might not even be a quest the guy at gwyntell gives, but more an indication of some good mobs to hunt for a few groups. I looked it up in the patch notes now, and it's mentioned in the notes as warnings to travellers :
- Dales of Devwy - A bloodied adventurer named Syhtric has stumbled into Fort Gwyntell with a dark tale to tell. He was the leader of a band of profiteering mercenaries that disappeared in the Dales days ago. His wounds are severe and he may not live long, it would be wise of anyone traveling through the Dales to hear him out and heed his warnings.

Ow i just read it's listed in the "Albion Monsters" paragraph so i guess i just misunderstood it being a quest ;)

Can't find the part about the quest that Squire Wellings had to trigger back in the patch notes at this moment, might be it was in the patch notes i printed before the patch, and they reviewed the notes later.. Will take a look at that when i'm back home from work.

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
Ris’Nir Cruss was killed by 2 of my guild mates a while ago they used a cabby a necro and a bb, but ofcourse that will be harder now that cabbys are nerfed :S

missedagain

Fledgling Freddie
i tryed to do the squire wellings quest ,after a lot of asking wtf dont he give me quest i came up with the idea that although he is already in place he will not give the quest until toa arrives, it does mention in quest note that he will pass stuff to npc in toa zone and also u can upgrade neckie u get , so my guess is even if u dont have toa you will be able to do quest but not untill toa is out

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
whats the mid ones called :confused:

givf lifedrain bp :clap:

bult

Loyal Freddie
hehe Ris'nir dont take 2FG :p did him with 2 pala 1 arms 1 infil but got some help from out of group cleric that healed us. Was quite a hard fight tho.

Morthomme

Fledgling Freddie
Bult, nice to hear that but what was the reward for the quest? Enlighten us please! :D

Farek

Fledgling Freddie
bult said:
hehe Ris'nir dont take 2FG :p did him with 2 pala 1 arms 1 infil but got some help from out of group cleric that healed us. Was quite a hard fight tho.
was pally, friar, arms, infil >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom