New PSP Lite

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
New slimmed down smaller PSP with no OMD disk reader.

Anyone got one of these? I got talking to a guy in a tech shop who told me they have 8 Gb memory and you have to download games from Sony direct. That sounds like a pain in the arse to me.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
There has been a thread about this. If you find it, you can read it, and then go laugh at the "guy in the tech shop". Right in his face.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah the new ones are shit. They cost more too. Get yourself an old style one if you can, or a 2nd hand one. You can still download the games if you want to but then you can still play the back catalogue.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The PSP Go is much better if you care about portability. It's really light, fits in a pocket easily. Having to buy games from PSN isn't at all difficult, they just need to hurry up and make all games available.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah PSN is really good actually, though like you say, unless they make all games available then people will miss out on the back catalogue if they get stuck with a PSP go. Isn't the screen smaller on the Go too? Never had a problem with my PSP though, its small enough that it fits in my work bag/travel bag. Nowhere else I would want to take it really.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The screen is smaller but it's the same resolution, so higher DPI. I've used one (brother has a Go, I still have a fat PSP-1000) and it doesn't impact readability or anything. I was really impressed with it from a hardware perspective.

I would only bother with a Go if you're travelling on trains/planes a fair bit. I drive everywhere and only get to use my PSP at home, so it's not worth paying extra for a lighter and smaller model.

soze

I am a FH squatter
As soon as they screwed you on games you own they killed this machine for me its so greedy to say buy it again if you want to replay on your new machine.

Its like removing backward compatibility because you plan on rereleasing all the games on the ps3. Ohh wait...

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Why would you want 2 PSPs in the first place?

soze

I am a FH squatter
You would not want two but you might want to upgrade your old one to one of the new ones.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The Go wouldn't even exist if it could read UMDs, as that's one way they really saved on space and weight. So they either "screw" you over or don't make the new PSP at all.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Or do what they said they would originally and let you swap your UMD game for a download.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
So you can just buy one UMD and have all your friends download legit versions using that? Yeah, that's really going to work...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
So you can just buy one UMD and have all your friends download legit versions using that? Yeah, that's really going to work...
How hard would it be to have it linked to a specific PSP? If you wanna move it, de-authorise it from that PSP before moving it to another.

soze

I am a FH squatter

haha yeah or how about take your game to a sony store where they give you download credit and keep the umd its really not hard.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
How hard would it be to have it linked to a specific PSP? If you wanna move it, de-authorise it from that PSP before moving it to another.

Eh, how hard to link a UMD to a single PSP? Impossible, actually.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
haha yeah or how about take your game to a sony store where they give you download credit and keep the umd its really not hard.

People would abuse it. If they're giving you credit on your PSN account, you're basically selling your old games at full price.

soze

I am a FH squatter
People would abuse it. If they're giving you credit on your PSN account, you're basically selling your old games at full price.

That's only the case if they give you a generic credit. If they just made the same game available on your PSN maybe charged you 2 or 3 quid for the admin you could move all your old games to download ones. May not be perfect but its better than buy it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom