new ppl

F

Falcore

New ppl to daoc :

this message is 2 fold,

1) We are gonna have a lot of geniuine noobs to daoc with daoc going in the shops, think we should do all we can to encourage them.(without new ppl running around soemthing lacking from game imo)

2)If the subscription and account pgae are so massively swamped doesnt this mean that all the new ppl cant even register the damn game, which kinda dont show a good example, really dont know how or even if goa expect new ppl to start playing daoc.

O

old.Ramas

""2)If the subscription and account pgae are so massively swamped doesnt this mean that all the new ppl cant even register the damn game, which kinda dont show a good example, really dont know how or even if goa expect new ppl to start playing daoc.""

Correct, though I suspect 'massively swamped' is an overstatement.

'Having a moderate number of people attempting to use an application that is underpowered to a truly cretinous degree' might be a better way to describe the situation.

Nobody is going to tell me that the site was "swamped" at some of the odd hours that I've tried.

F

Falcore

like 9 am on a saturday morning when i started trying, most ppl still asleep

D

dangle

i tried at 5am before i went to work, still goa is as useless as ever was or ever could be

S

SilentDeathjjla

lol they will come oput and say that the account page will be up late next week :p Bah wanted to make a pala this weekend

S

Spyf

Originally posted by Falcore
like 9 am on a saturday morning when i started trying, most ppl still asleep

Not mids, they do a RR at that time.

Still gratz mids :clap:

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I say don't let them see Barrysworld forums until they are older because most of you are grumpy bastards! :p

N

Novamir

arnold%20shut%20the%20fuck%20up.jpg

S

SilentDeathjjla

/yawn goa still aint sorted the accounts out this is starting to take the piss

O

old.Kira

I wouldnt worry about too many new people coming on anyways... tried to get DAOC+SI bundle in stores today and it was nowhere to be found. Shops were selling SI alone but bizzarrely in Game they weren't on shelves you had to go ask for one. Quite pathetic really.

S

svartmetall

I have a lvl 46 Warrior as my main, and was lvling my 22 alt in Muspelheim when someone (whose name shall remain hidden) came up to me and said "want to grp?"
"OK", I said, thinking it might be fun, although I'd been happily soloing my alt as a break from hardcore grp-lvling of main at Lair.
Imagine my joy when, after being in the grp for 2 mins and inviting 2 others in (who turned out to be this person's friends) before asking me (whose grp it was, after all), this person then turns round and says "I think you should let me lead this grp, I'm really good."...! After about 2 minutes of this, I quit and head off back to soloing, figuring I don't need egomaniacs or attitude cases; about a minute later I get a PM saying (quoting from memory, so may be slightly out, but it was in l337-speak, how sad) "U should learn how to lvl low-lvl chars, n00bs with lvl50s aren't any use lol"...I explain that it's kind of bad form to join a grp then try to take it over, and get a bunch of grief from them along the same lines...

What a wanker! A Guildmate of mine was briefly in the same grp, and left after experiencing this idiot's attitude; I'm all for welcoming as many new people into DAOC as possible, but we should also bear in mind that some of the present crop of players may drive people away.

:)

A

Anu

Don't see the prob myself with the acct activating page for SI.

I got my copy last night.. installed it.. loaded up went to acct page.

Entered my login name.. login PW.. page came up saying was unavailable.. did back page and tried again V quick and got in.. activated withing 5 mins of install :D

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.Kira
I wouldnt worry about too many new people coming on anyways... tried to get DAOC+SI bundle in stores today and it was nowhere to be found. Shops were selling SI alone but bizzarrely in Game they weren't on shelves you had to go ask for one. Quite pathetic really.

that's nothing new, GOA seems not to be interested in getting new players (correction, new english speaking players) to join, that is the only thing that can explain the lack of commercials and other PR.... heck if they´d just bribe that bbs guy that always talks about EQ it would be a step forward

C

Chameleon

I started a new alt the other day and invited 3 to join my group. 1 had played mid before, but not for 6 months+, the other 2 were totally new to the game. It was nice to see new people joining the game/server/realm ....... and we got good xp too and no deaths ;) Yah for the new blood!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread