New Phones

S

(Shovel)

Hello all,

Jo is after a new phone, cause the current one is held together with sellotape.

Handset wise she's not after anything fancy or complex, though I have a sneaking suspician that if she had to get a camera on it, she might use it on occasion.

Currently she's got a Siemens C45. She's had bad experiences with an old Nokia, so ideally some kind of assurance that any recommended Nokia will be reliable and wont explode would be good.

She doesn't want something that requires too much button clicking to do what you want to do - she despises my T68i for this very reason. Decent sized buttons would be good too.

Secondly, she's on a Carphone Warehouse "Fresh" type thingy, and wants to stay on it, so is faced with maybe having to buy a handset from scratch. I don't know the ins and outs of the CW deal (its not a "contract" as such), but would she be better getting a whole new Fresh deal and just leaving the old one to gather dust?

Phone wise: I wonder about the SE T610, though I don't know what the menus are like on that (bearing in mind the T68i problem), and I don't know what the current Nokia's are like reliability wise, though I understand that they are the most "usable"?

Sooooo, tips?

Thanks very much :)

C

Ch3tan

Go to Orange and get an LG 7100 or T-Mobile and get the Samsung e700. Both very very nice phones, with cameras and huge posing value :)

W

wolfeeh

urggh

the LG is fuck ugly... but i thoroughly recommend the Samsung E700.... i'm not biased towards any one make right; phones i currently have still in my posession, all still working, though not all used:

motorola c520 - £80
samsung sgh-100 - £200
samsung sgh-e700 - £Free
nokia 8210 - £235
nokia 8310 - £99
nokia 6210 - £70
nokia 6100 - £400
orange SPV - £90

the E700 is the fastest of the lot of them menu wise... very reliable and bug free, simple and intuitive to use... v. good build quality, very small, very good looking... superb clear screen with large text, cutesy icons and stuff, and a nice feeling keypad (even if the layout is fucking ugly (not to my taste anyway)) and has no sticky outy aerial.

and it's the only one i've had free lol.... check out what these things cost me when i bought them.

Users who are viewing this thread