new patch

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
dno about rest of ppl, but this patch has got to be the worst one since start of wow, i spent about 5hours trying to configure,update, delete, and whatever god knows my UI, first it started with errormsgs (which i still have), then problems with extra bars, and now my wow stops responding at a random time, mostly when i try to do multiple things at once, before this patch i had 0 problems UI related, and had never crashed
some ppl say its my UI taking too much memory, how can an UI and 1game suddenly take up too much memory while a patch ago it was doing fine

techical issues are really starting to annoy me, and if these problems keep happening, i seriously wonder what im gonna do, as this is far from playable

any ppl who experience the same problems and have found a way or are trying to find one to fix it please let me know

Thug

Fledgling Freddie
same for me with the error messages at least, tried updating the toc files but alot of my addons still dont work:( and i too have noticed a performance hit, not too bad but still..

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Foadon said:
dno about rest of ppl, but this patch has got to be the worst one since start of wow, i spent about 5hours trying to configure,update, delete, and whatever god knows my UI, first it started with errormsgs (which i still have), then problems with extra bars, and now my wow stops responding at a random time, mostly when i try to do multiple things at once, before this patch i had 0 problems UI related, and had never crashed
some ppl say its my UI taking too much memory, how can an UI and 1game suddenly take up too much memory while a patch ago it was doing fine

techical issues are really starting to annoy me, and if these problems keep happening, i seriously wonder what im gonna do, as this is far from playable

any ppl who experience the same problems and have found a way or are trying to find one to fix it please let me know

Turn off the ui's and it works fine for me, if you ahve problems then re-write the ui's yourself to make them work :D

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
yeh im having my computer crash after updating UI :( im gunna wait 1-2 days hope whatever it is sorts itself out, before i updated UI everything was fine, updated 2 cosmos 2 alpha version BANG :(

arghhhh

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
I tried uninstalling all UI customizations, reinstalling the game and also had to drop my res to 1024*768 to avoid game freeze.. :(

Spooks

Fledgling Freddie
had the same probs, just turned off the framelevel fix in the video options and everything was fine again

Thug

Fledgling Freddie
incase you have not read it elsewhere, to sort out the blue screen under water thing, in game options turn off full screen glow effects:)

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Spooks said:
had the same probs, just turned off the framelevel fix in the video options and everything was fine again
Tried that too first... Turned out it was Kalimdor continent that didn't like me... Played on Eastern continent later with higher resolution and no probs and framerate 30-60....

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Dont use cosmos
Dont use similar huge collections of UI mods

Grab the few (small, individual) addons you actually need and you wont have those problems.

Fixing UI took under 2mins from logging in, no big deal

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Was only using one addon before patch, an extra quickbar, and since i didnt need that one anymore i disabled it when the game asked me if i wanted to disable outdated addons after the patch. Game seems to run just fine for me. Might be a temporary thing with certain servers maybe? Seems odd that only some players would take a performance hit otherwise, unless the new patch doesnt like certain gfx cards/manufacturers/drivers or some such :/

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
DL was slow, but works perfectly for me.

Ohh, ur talking about UIs that Blizzard dont support? Ahh, well...

Tigersan

Fledgling Freddie
Game works sweet as nut for me, but i dnt use any add ons UI etc just the Game..

Patch did take a while to DL though

Ormorof

FH is my second home
only problem i had was that the add-ons didnt really work so i simply changed the number in the .toc file to 1300 and it works a charm :)

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
had some problems at first but took me only a short while to get everything sorted out again.only get an error message once in a while but can live with that.
just happy i don't have to use the WoW UI because it takes too much space on my screen.
this is alot better imo: http://users.pandora.be/kalgarn/Forumcrap/paardje.jpg
(yes,i'm only lvl 40 but i'm getting there :p)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Meduza said:
DL was slow, but works perfectly for me.

Ohh, ur talking about UIs that Blizzard dont support? Ahh, well...

blizzard dont support ANY 3:rd party UIs. they just made it available for ppl to make them. the only UI they support is the one that comes default with the game.

and until whoever made the UI comes up with a fix for this patch, u just gotta get with the errors or dont use them. (if u dont wanna fuck around with the UIs urself that is)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Thug said:
incase you have not read it elsewhere, to sort out the blue screen under water thing, in game options turn off full screen glow effects:)
That's wierd, works just fine here with full screen glow effects; which graphic cards are affected?

Spellsinger

Fledgling Freddie
I've had some pretty annoying problems since the patch,

1, Im running the game in window mode, and everytime I move the mouse over an msn window or anything else on the startmenu and a "tooltip/info" window or whatever you call it appears, the fps in the game drops to like 5fps from 60fps.

2, When dead and running around, my character skips around like crazy, like...5 steps forward, 2 steps back.

3, last one is kinda funny, the day after I had patched the game, my computer started to reboot itself over and over again when I played the game. Later that night, it ended with the computer rebooting itself...and then the PSU started on fire :p lol, not that I can blame that on WoW, guess I just had a crappy PSU.

Hmm, do I dare log in again now that I have a now PSU?

Anyway, even though the patch brought with it some nice changes...for me its just been annoying :( and has kept me from playing.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Spellsinger said:
I've had some pretty annoying problems since the patch,

1, Im running the game in window mode, and everytime I move the mouse over an msn window or anything else on the startmenu and a "tooltip/info" window or whatever you call it appears, the fps in the game drops to like 5fps from 60fps.

QUOTE]

The msn kills my game aswell only other problem I got is POI over barrens rest working.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
My comp freeze when flying 50% of the times, its really annoying /: other then that i dont have any problems

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
It wouldn't be possible to play without Addons for me :>

I can't live without:
* Mini-group
* SelfCast
* Enchantrix (+Lootlink)
* BiBToolBars (The extra default quickbars isn't enough)
* Timestamp
* Bufftimers (the new default bufftimer sucks when it doesn't show seconds :( )
* CT_raid
* MonkeyQuest
* MonkeyClock
* QuestHistory (it's useful to check what quests you abandoned earlier so you can pick them up again)

and a few more addons that I'm just taking for granted and can't remember :>

Herjulf

Banned
Yeh lots of added bugs with the new patch, 50% of my mages spellcasting animantions dont show.
And bib bars have started to bug out for me a tad.
some buttons arent always responsive.

But still the game "feels" more somehow, more candy to the eye feeling the first time i logged in, cant define it.

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
Look for a player profile file and delete it. I can't remember what it's called, but it's a file that cosmos/other progs and wow both share. If you have used cosmos or any other UI interface file then you will need to delete this. It will reference data in the game with it and if the data missmatches you will crash. (jumping it water made my mates pc crash eg. deleted this file fixes it)

I'll try and remember at work what this file is, but failing that I'll confirm tonight. Once deleted, reboot Wow and the file will be replaced.

This file will be stored locally in either the my doc dir or in the wow directory. Probably in my documents. I'll recognise the file if someone wants to do some detective work from home....

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Had some problems with the patch intially, but then I deleted a folder as advised by Blizz and everything was fine.

Until the server lag started.

Currently the Eastern Contintent on Dragonblight is only really playable in the morning before the lag kicks in for everyone. Its server side as well, as most people I know are under 100ms yet still lag as badly as everyone else.

Kalimdor, however, is fine.

Very odd that this should happen after the patch.

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
nikolas said:
Look for a player profile file and delete it. I can't remember what it's called, but it's a file that cosmos/other progs and wow both share. If you have used cosmos or any other UI interface file then you will need to delete this. It will reference data in the game with it and if the data missmatches you will crash. (jumping it water made my mates pc crash eg. deleted this file fixes it)

I'll try and remember at work what this file is, but failing that I'll confirm tonight. Once deleted, reboot Wow and the file will be replaced.

This file will be stored locally in either the my doc dir or in the wow directory. Probably in my documents. I'll recognise the file if someone wants to do some detective work from home....

The files in question are within the WTF directory. These are shared/updated by UI custom files. Once deleted, log back on and Wow will auto create them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom