New patch

Discussion in 'Midgard' started by preacherboy, Jul 25, 2007.

1. preacherboy

preacherboy Fledgling Freddie

Any melle spec hunters going bow?

2. Gustav

Gustav One of Freddy's beloved

Gonna try it. Got suit already for the new changes but to be honest all the new bow shots confuse me.

3. preacherboy

Yes hehe going to dig out my old bow spec template:) plenty of dex ftw

4. preacherboy

Think they should of give us life tap arrows with the moc?

5. ethiedien

ethiedien Fledgling Freddie

yer i am, gnna go 50 bow, 39 spear , 38 stealth+12, rest bc cuz i dnt use the pet tbh and will be using shaman buffs + haste and af in rvr anyways

chambershunt

6. Fanguir

Fanguir Fledgling Freddie

50 bow ftw

7. Agrivia

Agrivia Loyal Freddie

I'm going something similar. Pre-patch I had only just reached level 50 and was 50 bow, 50 bc, 27 sword rest in stealth.

Now I'm going to try 50 bow, 44 sword, 37 stealth, 13 pet ... I seem to have more points to spend, according to my charplan - shall have to wait and see.

My main indecision at the moment is which champ weapon to choose. Prior to the patch I was going for the bow, no question about it, as I had 50 in bc and was definitely relying on my pet and acting mainly as a sniper; now I can't decide whether to go sword or bow. It seems most archers use Braggart's or Fool's Bows anyway, but although the two handed-sword looks pretty (yes - I'm a girl irl!) it doesn't seem to me to have as much going for it as the bow, and there are a lot of very nice alternative two-handed swords out there I could use. Any thoughts anyone??

a.k.a Ceirwenne-p, Huntress of Aesir's Blade.

8. preacherboy

yes pritty much the spec me thinking of :) 50 bow 44 sword 32 stealth rest pet:) mos 5 ftw

9. ethiedien

i know that with sword youc an have 2h back style but with spear have got rear stun so 39 spear will save points i suppose

chambershunt

10. ethiedien

well when i was sword i used 2h champ wep and fools for seige lore etc but with new patch i'm thinking of getting spear of kings, aura of kings and using champ bow as seige lore will be scrapped off it, and the champ bow has more useful stats imo

11. ethiedien

and regarding a sword if you are going high swor dlower stealth then maybe a sword with stealth, dex cap, dex, procs, resists i'l see if ic an find 1

12. Takhasis

Takhasis Can't get enough of FH

Just respec'd to 50 bow 44 spear and went out for a quick go...

PvE - taking out frore liches in 2/3 shots is f*cking op - just ever so slightly...

RvR - only had a quick go, but took out an inf in melee, then 5 mins later another inf in 4 arrows - rofl

So, yes, quite nice so far, but missing the pet - qq

13. Agrivia

Agrivia Loyal Freddie

Any help much appreciated :)

Thanks to all for the advice

14. aika

aika Can't get enough of FH

yeah pls respec bow all and lose that pet! ^^

15. Gustav

Gustav One of Freddy's beloved

hehehe no chance sunshine. High lvl pet>>>full bow imo

Can still spec 41 spear/sword, 41 beast, 42 bow, 29 stealth for all round sexiness.

16. Septima

Septima Fledgling Freddie

Keeping hybrid spec. 44 spear 42 bow 35 stealth 32 BC. Increasing bow or BC as i will gain rr's (that will be never the case i guess :p)