new patch info

W

wildie

1. Implemented TK solution: On the server-side you can implement various TK-solutions such as a Spawn Delay penalty (puts them into spawn limbo) or the simple Kick/Ban. On the client-side you'll be able to Forgive or Punish TK depending on how the server is set up.
2. Client performance optimization
3. Map-loading optimized
4. Improved interface for in-game voting

find it here

looks good to me:)

E

Embattle

All minor but none the less important improvements :)

W

wildie

prfft

them new things they done should have been in the game from day one, simple truth the game wasnt nowhere near finshed.

X

xane

It's not fair to criticise the implementations of TK solutions, the problem is an old one and in all the various team-based games I've played there is no real answer.

TK is always going to be a problem, mainly because of the f*ckwits that troll the public servers, they will always find a way of p*ssing people off, and if you put a solution in place they'll just turn it around and use it as another weapon to annoy you.

Thinking the game can solve it is living in fantasy land. Once more and more servers move into the subscription domain then TK'ing will come with a higher price, that's the only real solution I can see.

The other night a guy had parachuted onto the superstructure roof of the carrier in Coral Sea, and was picking off all the AA gunners, took us ages to realise it.

P

Panda On Smack

Originally posted by Embattle
What game is :)

This game took the piss though :D

Anyway at least its ok now (well kinda ;) )

L

Louster

:merlin: :viking: :knight: :wall: :moon: :bore: :great: :chortle: :hat:

Seriously what the fuck?

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Panda On Smack

This game took the piss though :D

Anyway at least its ok now (well kinda ;) )

Not for an EA game ;)

TKing is easy, for example the Jeep trick is easy to do and works fine on non FF servers.

1tchy trigger

Re: prfft

Originally posted by wildie
them new things they done should have been in the game from day one, simple truth the game wasnt nowhere near finshed.

FFS live in the present day - its patched now and although not perfect its a damn fine game - who cares what it was like 4 months ago.

P

Panda On Smack

Thats what I said :D

Hooked up my PS2 joypad last night and now flying is a lot easier.

L

lynchet

The other night a guy had parachuted onto the superstructure roof of the carrier in Coral Sea, and was picking off all the AA gunners, took us ages to realise it

Assuming you mean the enemies carrier not his own that sounds like a pretty good strategy to me :)

If it was his own team then yeah ****** annoying

W

wildie

er

no thats using the bug int he map they can kill everything they see, but you cant kill them and they can win the map in secs by getting inside the ship too the cap point.

G

Gumbo

I think landing on the roof of the carrier is ok, you can always shoot him from a plane, but the inside the superstructure bug is definatly unacceptable.

P

Panda On Smack

Heh, I havent even played the coral map yet.

Funny that since im playing the game 24/7 . . .

L

lynchet

Just read the readme file for the patch they released and retracted:

damage to airplanes from the following has been decreased by 50%:
*BAR
*StG44
*Thompson
*MP40
*AA GUNS

This had better be a very very sick joke !! Because of course we all know how horribly underpowered aircraft are !!!

S

Scooba Da Bass

I agree on publics they are overpowered, however in clan games Aircraft are down very, very quickly, especially on maps with well placed AA. Maps like Iwo Jima are virtually impregnable from the air if the AA guns are manned and giving the planes twice as long is definitely a good thing (life expectency now 6 seconds instead of 3)

C

.Cask

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

A

adams901

Nothing irritates me more than getting bombed by planes i dont see coming, and if my gun has even less chance of damaging the plane then I may have to buy a biggles jacket and become a pilot myself.

In view of my new pilot role I would like to campaign for planes to get bigger and stronger bombs :)

C

.Cask

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

C

.Cask

I'm with adams. I'm buying me a nice new tent and sleeping bag.

Time to join the ranks of plane campers :(

L

lynchet

Seems to be the only way to go

Oh but Adams - re your sig -- what if he has a point-ed stick ?

A

adams901

Looks like the future of BF1942 holds an excitment filled games where there are servers full of people all standing on the airfield waiting for a plane lol.

Originally posted by lynchet

Oh but Adams - re your sig -- what if he has a point-ed stick ?

LOL -- What if he's got a bunch of bananas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom