New/Old Player lookign for advice

Encadi

Fledgling Freddie
Hola everyone,

I have been playing for a year or so in the US servers, mainly in Gaheris (co). I am not the best RvRer but PvE got boring. I want to move to the European servers and it seems excalibur is the more populated (English).

I would like to know what class would be welcomed/needed for Hibernia (I know the skill playing the class is the most important but i need some tips) I normally prefer playing a caster than a tank but im open to sugestions (I dont have buff bot or anything like that)

I though about making a 4 light 46 moon 28 mind) Mentalist (Luri for size and stats or Shar for novelty and con), Or a full Verdant Sylvan Animist.

Thanks for your time, I will read carefully all your advice to help me choose the race/class. Hope we meet soon in game!

Encadi

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well ments dont really get many rvr groups atm. I think we will be seeing a lot of Animists in rvr fairly soon, with MAs they do get quite a lot stronger. I know you say you prefer casters but have you thought about a Valewalker, immense fun i am exping one myself now and they are great :)

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
think carefully before you move mate :)

Dunno about hibernia but albion PvE is almost dead until 40+ and very hard to find groups so you'll probably be soloing most the time till then..

I've played on numerous servers and in my opinion excal is definatle the best server for RvR which i've tried, we all slag it off and stuff but we get some great action on here :)

Hope to be fighting you soon :)

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
The top casters atm for rvr are mana chanters and mana elds. Unsure how ToA will effect this though.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Mentas arent very popular in rvr at the moment, animists are still a curiosity.

If you want a strong caster thats needed in pve and rvr groups then go for a mana eld (50mana), or possibly a mana chanter. Or if you wanna be different but still usefull roll a void eld (49+void).

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
agreed mentas are not really usedn regular in rvr great for keep takes joining a mg grp(these will be removed soon though) animists are great fun both pve and rvr not the best but if got time to plant thoose shrooms cause some serious damage but seems creeping is best for camping keeps ect and arborial best for general rvr dunno about verd spec so cannot say

Encadi

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks alot for all the insight. I think i will try a void Eldritch Lurikeen when i get my copy!

Encadi

Fledgling Freddie
I have been thinking and my old DAOC cahracter was a druid, im thinking to make a nature/regrowth druid and then respect it at 40 for nurture/regrowth. Do you think full time Druids are good or everyone and their cousins got a druid bot and full time druids are ignored for group and/or rvr?

Thanks again!

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
druid is moust welcome class, will prolly be easyest to level and u will never have a problem finding a rvr grp

Thilde

Fledgling Freddie
hm

Druid yeah! :wub: my guild can make 2fg of rvr grp but we just dont have a single active druid so if u let me know i'll give u a tell when we go rvr ;D :drink:

Encadi

Fledgling Freddie
Prolly specing at the end soemthing like this:

40 Regrowth got a good spread heal, 75% shout heals and 100% rez
35 Nurture Max usable buff capacity with 40 regrowth
9 Nature cause theres nothing else ><

Bellona

Banned
what people are saying is that mentalists dont get the uber leet "cs" groups, ive seen loads of mentas in rvr, and grouped them even as much, only those monkeys seeking uberness that wont take anything than the best.

Thilde

Fledgling Freddie
but seriously i think Mentalist needs an improvement in some way. They are unwanted in 99.99% rvr grp's and especially mana mentalist...oh well..im gonna respec my menta to light and charm a pet to see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom