New News

T

Tractartus

GAME and subscription passwords

As we informed you last week, we are going to send, from this evening of Monday the 8th, the new subscription passwords. This procedure should take around 48 hours for all the passwords to be sent.

Some specifics now regarding the people who did not receive their GAME passwords because of wrong email addresses in their subscription profile. With some extra persons on the team working this week end, we have been able to process about 60% of the demands sent since the beginning of the problems. We are of course actively working to make sure that the last subscribers who didn't receive their passwords have them as soon as possible. Our customer support is taking compensatory measures for each case in order to compensate for the waiting period some players experienced between the changing of the passwords and its reception.

Reopening of the subscription service.

As announced last week, the subscription and customer support sections will be reopened this week. We are planning on reopening the subscription section as soon as tomorrow, Tuesday the 9th. The interruption of service was quite long, but it was necessary. We had to do a thorough audit, verify the integrity of all our scripts, and the coherence of our bases to check that there was nothing left linked to the attack. Moreover, in the same effort to reinforce the security of our platform, we have decided to pass the entirety of our subscription and customer support under SSL protocol. Because of this additional security our servers needed several adjustments. We have also reorganised the entirety of our web and subscription servers to reinforce the division of information between the different servers.

Lag on the UK servers

Several players have reported severe lag on the game servers these last days. After verification, it appears that the servers are not physically concerned, and we haven't noticed either any perturbations on our networks. To help us determine where the problem is, do not hesitate to do "traceroute" when you encounter these connexion problems, and send them to the customer support.

That's all for these first news of the week. We will keep you informed of the evolution of the situation in the days to come.

P

pihlss

YEAS!! :)

That was the most welcome News from GOA. :clap:

---

- Cya in game .. -

I got my new subscription/game passwords now from GOA
2003-09-08 17:37 cet time.

I

injustice

i can't get my gamelogin password!!!!

how i ll get my subs password????????

stupid GoA.

P

pitspawn

I think im going to actually pass out when i really do manage to get in game.

Waiting. Another day. At least my cravings shall be fed soon ;)

S

Shike

Ok, that was well written news, more of that please GOA and I at least would be perfectly happy with it. :)

L

liste

edited. got pwd now.

finally. does that mean you'll stop spamming every.possible.thread with obscenities and multible questionmarks? :p

F

freeq

Originally posted by Shike
Ok, that was well written news, more of that please GOA and I at least would be perfectly happy with it. :)

for sure, i expected that kinda news last week, better late than not at all though :D

bring on the morn, so i can PL my scout till my fingers bleed :D

college? wtf is that?

K

kalgarn

Originally posted by liste
finally. does that mean you'll stop spamming every.possible.thread with obscenities and multible questionmarks? :p
yes,now i'll do it just because i luv j00 liste :D

P

pitspawn

@ ning:

OMG I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!

I have my passwords. All i gotta do is wait for the sub page to come back up now :) :) :)

S

Shike

Originally posted by freeq
for sure, i expected that kinda news last week, better late than not at all though :D

bring on the morn, so i can PL my scout till my fingers bleed :D

college? wtf is that?

well, I wasnt thinking of the timing at all tbh, was just happy to see they can write something in a more polite way and explain a little more than they have done earlier.

an example of what I mean is this:

"-With some extra persons on the team working this week end, we have been able to process about 60% of the demands sent since the beginning of the problems."

its not vital info and they dont have to put it there really but I as a customer am happy they share it so we have a clue of what they are doing over there. Its small and its simple and yet quite important. Let the customers know whats up and whats goin on is a huge step for them imho and I am glad to see it. Updates > all in a situation like this for a (I think) large part of the community.

S

Starman

Originally posted by pitspawn
I have my passwords. All i gotta do is wait for the sub page to come back up now :) :) :)

You will have to wait till tomorrow and most likely your sub password will change before then. :m00:

P

pitspawn

Originally posted by Starman
You will have to wait till tomorrow and most likely your sub password will change before then. :m00:

I doubt that it will change because the sub password i just received is different to my old one. Which means they already generated me a new one.

M

mbisiker

Im with you shirke

whoever said no news is good news is totaly stupid and deservese to be shot

all news is needed no matter how much spam it contains

Cant wait till tomorrow and my first taste of DoaC :)

F

freeq

nice to see that part of thier news stood out to other folks and not just me :D

seems they do read these boards after all, all the anti-whiners out there, seems our bitching and whining does make a difference after all... ok maybe just luck but hell it feels like we did :clap:

P.S dont mean we can moan more though

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by liste

wonder if we ask nicely they'll accidently change his password again.

O

old.Tohtori

No!! Don't go pro-GOA on the community now! We had such a good anti-GOA movement going on. Shucks and huckleberry finn. I really felt like we had a thing going on here, with all the flames and people finally agreeing on something. Now you'll destroy all that we built by actually feeling GOA did something right.

Get your flamethrowers!

Barricade the doors!

Fight for your right to bash down GOA!

P

pihlss

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
No!! Don't go pro-GOA on the community now! We had such a good anti-GOA movement going on. Shucks and huckleberry finn. I really felt like we had a thing going on here, with all the flames and people finally agreeing on something. Now you'll destroy all that we built by actually feeling GOA did something right.

Get your flamethrowers!

Barricade the doors!

Fight for your right to bash down GOA!

haha well I guess we can find another subject ;)
how about this taxes ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom