new mouse

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
so its been some years since i last bought a mouse that been a logitech mx518 its on its way out, it keeps freezing, so time for a new one. i went for a look on the net and just got bombarded by shit loads of various brands that look amazing but i dont know if they actually hold up to actual play.

ive been looking at the logitech G9 anyone have one and can recommend it? or any others? im big on mmos but i still like my fps so the razer naga is out of the question

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Logitech Performance MX for me, every time.
+1 for this. I have a first generation Logitech Revolution MX which was the forerunner to this mouse. I'd recommend any of their MX range for comfort, response and ability to operate on some strange surfaces.

Kryten

Old Cow.
I would strongly recommend trotting off to a "physical store" and having a play with what's on offer. If you've friends or people you can visit to try theirs, then also try that. Then of course buy online. A mouse is a very personal thing, and an ill-fitting mouse with all the buttons and features on the planet will do less well than a more basic, properly weighted and sized one.
For instance, I use a cheap "gaming mouse" from Novatech because a friends fitted my hand really well. Shovel like hands don't suit any of the Steelseries or Razer products, and it's hard to warrant the spend on the decent large Logitech models.
One size does not fit all.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I love my Logitech MX mouse. Was not too pricey but has lasted me ages even with heavy gaming use.

Even works well on my wood desk.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Got the Logitech Touch Mouse M600 atm. Bit of a mixed blessing. If I hade to choose again, i'd deffo grab the MX again. However for some reason I kill a mouse about every year. Figured a touch mouse would fix this problem by not getting dirty nor have moving parts. Incorrect. The clicking is done on the underside. It just detects where your fingers are at that moment.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i love the MX i got its just a bit too small i could do with something a bit longer so my palm is sat fully on the mouse and not on the mat id like wireless too but im not sure i want to pay over 70 quid for a mouse the mamba looks good but its just insanely priced the G700 is looking better and better too i like the buttons on the actual mouse button

Athan

Resident Freddy
I 'replaced' my MX518 with a Logitech G600 and I'm very happy with it. The 'scare quotes' are because the MX518 is in fact still working perfectly, just I found a need for more buttons. The G600 has an extra big button on top (use either to 'shift' other keys, or as a simple bind as I do for VOIP), and a 3x4 pad of 12 buttons on the left side.

I've loved it through playing GW2, a smattering of single player games and most recently PS2.

I got it back in mid-August and have had zero issues with it. I am a bit anal about mouse cord not dragging around (blu-tac it to back edge of desk, with enough slack in an S shape), so no cable wear trouble that some people have reported.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Logitech G700 at the moment. Comfortable, wireless or USB as you choose. Enough buttons to be getting on with for an mmo but not too many to clutter up fp shooters. Not sure I'd pay the full 70 for it but shop around.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
just tried a roccat kone XTD and it feels great in my hand anyone have any experience of these i think this is the one im gonna get just never really heard of the brand before

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom