Film New Moon

Arnie 2Tone

Fledgling Freddie
If you don't mind some criticism?

The nose could be a bit more "left oriented". It's good as is, but from that angle with the eyes like that, it looks a bit crooked.

Also if you want a more vacant look, relax the eyes a bit, now it looks like a "ooh i want some of that but can't be arsed" look :D

Relax eyebrows(lift a bit), widen eyes a bit and let the sides of the mouth hang a bit?

Also the part next to the neck looks weird 'cause it either blends to the background or the jacket is a REAL two parter.

Ofcourse all of the above can be taken with a light "F*ck off it's my pic" attitude, as it should, just a force of habit ;)

Its a very nice picture though.

Constructive criticism is always welcome! I'm self-taught, and this is only the second portrait I've done that is an attempt at realism, so pointers are useful. I agree with the jacket looking weird. It's actually supposed to be part of the shirt collar. I hadn't really noticed how weird it looks until you pointed it out. It isn't as noticeable in the flesh since the lighting in my house sucks (energy-saving bulbs) and the flash used to photograph the painting has been very unforgiving. I'll probably run a highlight along the edge so that it makes more sense.

The nose is pretty accurate though I think, having just compared it to the source photo again. S'posed to be a little crooked :)

Going back to the reference photo again I realise now that I made his jaw a little stronger than it's supposed to be and his right eyebrow is a bit too high up. Not sure if I can bothered to fix those though, since I don't really like the subject matter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom