New monitor

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Seems almost too good to be true, its by far the cheapest hdcp using monitor I've seen, good find... If I didn't have a couple of monitors already I'd definitely be looking at it. The speakers are guarentueed to be crappy, but they always are from things like that.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
For the price, it's good.

Contrast-Ratio could be better, and so could responce time. (They're pretty good currently)

Worth the cash.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
For the price, it's good.

Contrast-Ratio could be better, and so could responce time. (They're pretty good currently)

Worth the cash.

Nothing wrong with the response time, 5ms is very respectable and at least LG have been honest enough to list it as Grey-to-grey unlike 90% of the other LCD companies out there. 5ms GTG equates to a true response of 12ms which is perfect for gaming and movie watching, you don't get ghosting on anything lower than a true 20ms panel.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Hense saying it's worth the cash ;) Anything around 3ms costs a bomb.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Its worth pointing out that you can only go so low with repsonse time on lcd monitors. But ultimately they end up having to duplicate the way in which CRT monitors display a picutre to trully removing ghosting.

If I can find the article I will link later.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Need some more help now, it apears the date for release on that monitor is now 06/08/07.... a bit past the 2 weeks i was told.

Anyhow whats do you all think of

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/33625...TV-Tuner-And-HDMI/ProductReviews.html?cpage=1

Very similar, just doesnt look as good. No DVI but has HDMI. So easy enough to get a converter. Worth the buy or wait till august for...

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3348756/LG-M228WA-22-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor-With-TV-Tuner/Product.html

The monitor i have now is fine, so waiting is not an issue, specialy if its a better model. I just want a nice widescreen with other inputs so i can play my 360 on it.

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Im about to buy the one Gamah has put in his post :)

Roll on Warhammer :england:

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Or i could just get a damn nice PC monitor

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/33363...M226BW-22-LCD-Flat-Panel-Monitor/Product.html

and forgo all the crap with the other inputs and get a nice HDTV later on in the year.

I got it's little brother, the 206. Same resolution, just 2inches smaller. So with the 226 you just get bigger pixels tbh. But I can tell you it is indeed a damn nice monitor!!
Went from a nice Viewsonic CRT screen to this and was afraid that it would be crap, but it surely surprised me in a very nice way!!

What I am trying to say, you wont be sad if you pick the samsung 226(or 206) !

- Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom