Graphics New Monitor time!

Sar

Part of the furniture
Thought it was about time I got myself a second monitor, so after a bit of a shufty, and looking at TN (current monitor is a Viewsonic 20" 1680*1050 TN panel) vs IPS, I plumped for this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005MHMFJA

Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM (23" 16:9)

I could've gone for the 24" 16:10 version for an extra £35 or so, but from what I've read the 23" panel is superior for gaming, with little to no ghosting (a real problem for IPS panels generally), and virtually no input lag, whereas the 24" panel has these problems to some degree.

Anyone got the U2312HM? Getting it delivered on Tuesday, as I'll be working from home all day (hurrah, love this new job :D), so looking forward to some good dual-screen fun from Tuesday :D

Plus today I went from 4Gb ram to 12Gb, which makes editing video a lot smoother :D

ECA

I am a FH squatter
If you're recording video from games/etc, a 16:9 monitor is actually preferably because it's native - it's a real hassle recording in 16:9 in some games on a 16:10 monitor.

Also nope, no clue :p But monitors these days rarely suck.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
we have a bunch of them in work. they're ok. nothing to write home about but easy on the eye etc. we naturally don't do any gaming on them, they're just used for medical imaging in areas where they're too tight to pay for the Eizo's. I'd consider one for personal use but I have seen some nice 23-24" Phillips Brilliance monitors that I'm more likely to consider (especially because the one i like is available with a white frame :) )

Sar

Part of the furniture
Cheers chaps :)

Wanted to move away from another TN panel for the better colour reproduction for Photoshop work, so was basically trying to find the best all rounder - gaming, colour reproduction and input lag.

soze

I am a FH squatter
We are looking to replace the monitors in work with Touch screens ready for Windows 8 you seem to drop a lot of performance for the touch panel.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Thread hijack :)
I am also after a new monitor. It's for gaming so was thinking 24inch. Does this 16:9 or 10 issue affect that? Do monitors have to be 16:10 when you get a certain size?
Doing work out at the moment so can't really check anything online and you guys seem clue up :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Can't go wrong with Samsung.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom