New mobile phone

Exoshear

Fledgling Freddie
Well, my Samsung V200 has finally died -- So I need to get a new mobile, but I'm unsure as to which one to buy. The V200 was a nice phone, but I was looking for a change anyway.

I don't want to spend anymore than £200 (Preferably around the £100-150 mark).

What it's got to have:
  • Be nice looking and a nice size (Not a house brick and not something too small that I couldn't use the buttons).
  • Digital Camera.
  • Lots of space in phone book.
  • Lots of space for saving SMS.
  • Calendar.
  • Organiser.
  • Be easy to use.
Things that I wouldn't mind having, but I'm not too bothered about
  • Video recorder.
  • Cool games.
  • Be a flip phone.
Also - Where would be the cheapest place to buy it? I've searched around the internet but I'm still a bit indecisive about what to purchase.

Cheers

Gray

FH is my second home
If you want a flip phone, i would look into the Motorola v600, or the updated version which allows you to record videos - the v620.

Had v600 which was a super phone, only drawback was it was only 5mb which meant not a lot of MP3s to play.

Failing that, again try a samsung, Samsung e700 are apparently very good phones, altho it doesnt have bluetooth i think it has everything else. The newer Samsung ones have changed from being flip to slide stylee.

Im looking into getting a Samsung D500 when o2 offer me a contract, its getting released in a few days, but that one is, as i say, a slide style phone.

Do a compare search and if you see a phone which looks nice, check this website to get a good review on the phone. They're a top website.

On the buying thing, best to check high street stores like Phones4u, o2, The Link, T-Mobile Stores, altho on Pay as you Go youre going to be paying fuckloads for a new phone. The £200 mark would give you a decent phone indeed, you should also try Ebay, just make sure the person trading has a decent feedback score. But if you dont want to go down that route, the highstreet or adverts in newspapers

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Without wanting to start a debate about who is the better manufacturer, I would steer clear of samsung and motorola's although as you have already had a motorola I guess you are already used to their "features". I use them both most days and they irritate the hell out of me, wether this is because I am a nokia fan boy or a sony ericsson one I dont know but the software on the V600 is shocking, slow to use, annoying and just god damn ugly. Both screen and camera are shite too. The last statement goes for the E700 too and the menu system on this is also useless and irritating, however the e700 is one of the best looking phones around IMO it just kinda looks cool, but again, underfeatured and underpowered.
Good phones currently: SOny Ericsson s700i, k700i, p910i,
Nokia: 7610 (oddish keypad though but you get used to it I own this one), the 6630 and 6260 both look kinda good but not had the chace to get hold of one yet. The 6230 is also quite a nice phone but the camera and screen aren't amazing.

If you go for one of those I guarantee you wont be disappointed. Check out expansys.co.uk for buying non contract phones but they will be quite expensive. oh and if you dont mind vodafone, look at a gx30, still a great phone with a very good camera and a very nice screen, flip phone too.

I think thats about it, im still suffereing from a lack of caffeine so excuse any rubbish!

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
good features, Ill give it that but UGLY UGLY UGLY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom