Votes: 25 16.7%
  • Banelord

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • Other

Votes: 16 10.7%

• Total voters

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
With the potential of each class getting a new master level line, and the apparent absence of other suitable ml line alternatives for mentalists are we going to see level 75 salamanders killing almost any mob in TOA? :fluffle: As much as i would love to activate my old toaed mentalist i cant see mythic letting that happen.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Well all pets are capped at lvl 70 so wouldnt make a difference from a sorc using ml9 on a yellow pet, guess they would have to nerf sallys tho :p

Saje

Loyal Freddie
well cos of the mentalist pulsing charm, they prolly wont get.. i want it tho :p
Banelord prolly

X

xGenocidex

;O why on earth would you want banelord on a ment lol it would be utterly useless for sololing :x only reason bd's do well with it is because of the healer pets and insta lifetap and tbh it wouldnt be "that" great for fg vs fg on a ment :x unless you plan on running into the middle of a zerg of casters etc :x ments aint bd's!

X

xGenocidex

Convoker could be done tho.. all they'd have to do is disable the ml9 on ments :p since ments can charm nasty ass mobs etc.... i'll vote for convoker because they won't get banelord i know that for a 100% fact, perfector... mmm ye give a caster fop etc regardless of it having heals... convoker be teh only one left!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
no it isnt, it will open up a lot of classes to FG rvr that currently cant get a group because of their ML line.

the only real option i can see for a ment is convoker, even then it would depend on the mob level/charm skill. though doesnt it effect their effective level, not their actual level?

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
perfector imo, would be nice to plant a fop :p though buff cap increase thing would be utterly useless, but most of the things in the battlemaster line I dont use anyway.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
the only real option i can see for a ment is convoker, even then it would depend on the mob level/charm skill. though doesnt it effect their effective level, not their actual level?

Thats what i thought, i know when i hit ml9 on SM it doesnt change the level shown in pet window.

X

xGenocidex

They won't get banelord and i'm willing to bet 327p on that :p

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
perfector would only be nice for a light menta as a mana menta wouldn't be that great

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Wouldn't be suprised if it turns out to be perfector. From VN and ment forums seems to be a camp among the ment community which is pushing for the back-up healer, hybrid healer/mage role of the ment to be brought to the fore, especially with any mentalism line fix.

Re: convoker pets. Until they fix tether range on charm, ML9 pets won't be anything but a pain in the arse - what's the point of having a 70th lvl pet, if anyone can kite it out of 2000 range and then it aggro's u?

If they do tho, orange/red ML9 pets fully buffed will be a pain to nuke down (was nuking buffed up mature wyvern for ~220 last night while messing about) and can't be CC'd as ment can just release it a pulse to clear negative effects.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
I can only see 2 possible lines for ments: convoker and perfector

considering the overall uselessness of the ment charm in RvR I'd rather have perfector (cure nearsight!)

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
no it isnt, it will open up a lot of classes to FG rvr that currently cant get a group because of their ML line.

its truly retarded since i believe it ll imbalance the game and lock the doors for alot of classes from RvR aswell.
So its a lose - lose kinda.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Remem said:
its truly retarded since i believe it ll imbalance the game and lock the doors for alot of classes from RvR aswell.
So its a lose - lose kinda.

not really, mentalist has sub par abilities compared to elds and chanters for rvr even if they got convoker they still wont be chosen for fg rvr. This will be a boost to the soloing ments tho. So how will this lock more people from rvr? Please illuminate us to the wisdom you hold.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
not really, mentalist has sub par abilities compared to elds and chanters for rvr even if they got convoker they still wont be chosen for fg rvr. This will be a boost to the soloing ments tho. So how will this lock more people from rvr? Please illuminate us to the wisdom you hold.

mezz an baseline stun should be enough :( give them battlemaster :D

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
mezz an baseline stun should be enough :( give them battlemaster :D

erm you do know that ments dont have mezz right? unless they have by some chance speced in mentalism (and even then it is a single target mezz at range 1500) ...

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Ballard said:
Warlord has been really nice imo, apart from pissing around with ML9 pets not really sure would want to go convoker anyhow. Warlord pbaoe pet-shout is great, will get lots of kills from it; likewise warguard isn't too bad either (quite often moc-nuke vs melee will go right down to last 10% hps, ie warguard won it). I'm sure warlord would get menta grp more than sojourner would as things stand atm.

Agree anyhow with remem 3 ML lines are stupid. Everyone can pick what they want so will pick the same stuff. Will end up class being excluded from grps, just different ones, and kills the variety between classes in RvR.

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
i really hope they wont add any more banelords to any char line (no more interputs FFS)

or probably all ML's will get slight nerf soon

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:

I am not speaking about mentalists? i m speaking about game in general

e.g if svg get BL zerks will lose spots , and if heavy tanks get some other will lose spot and such

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe they'll create a 3rd universal ML line that everyone on any realm can get, you will never know ;)

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
erm you do know that ments dont have mezz right? unless they have by some chance speced in mentalism (and even then it is a single target mezz at range 1500) ...
erm any decent rvr menta would spec 28mentalism, for the demez
and yes they got mez then, sure not that good but still has one

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Spamb0t said:
erm any decent rvr menta would spec 28mentalism, for the demez
and yes they got mez then, sure not that good but still has one

Clearly the point was that the mezz was not usable in rvr not that they didnt actually have one.... zzzzz I do have a decent RR mentalist so am familar with their role (or lack of role) in rvr.

Graeme

Fledgling Freddie
who gives a crap about hib so long as use albs r okay withthe ml lines :) :kissit:

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
xGenocidex said:
They won't get banelord and i'm willing to bet 327p on that :p

ye not even mythic would be insane enough as to give a caster banelord would they...?

oh wait..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom