New Matrix Film, good cop or bad cop? *contains spoilers*

P

pieeater

New Matrix Film, good cop or bad cop?

Watched the new film last night, and it seemed to me like a cheesy hollywood cash-in on the whole matrix franchise. Not sure whether it was meant to be a comedy but some scenes had the cinema audience in stitches......

O

old.job

Heard the bad news in a few reviews, how strange the Warzeski/warchesty, whatever brothers have thrown the whole thing in the bin, they will be always remembered for the final fook up , not the original two.

S

SFXman

I liked it.
Simple.
I have decided not to take part in pointless debates so this is all I will say.

L

Lumikki

95% of it was pure B-rated hollywood crap. My soul cried blood how they could ruin it so badly, all the depth from the original movie was gone, the second part wasn't impressive but looks like a masterpiece compared to the third one.

And yes, it was more of a comedy than anything else, atleast we got good laughs from it :)

My opinion is that they shouldn't have continued it after the first one, which was really good.

xx

O

old.Vae

Imo
Matrix: Ground-breaking, thrilling, excellent.
Reloaded: Poor but developed many story threads. A "lets blow all our money on a SFX Car chase" film.
Revolutions: Better than reloaded but failed to use many of the story threads and those it did use it really didn't bring to a satisfactory conclusion. Another "Blow our budget on the defence of zion scene" type film.

I think they would have been better having the real world being another level of the matrix and having the story just be yet another loop. However I think that would have been far too brave a decision and so they had to go with a happy ending (well kind of).

C

Coim-

Originally posted by old.Vae
I think they would have been better having the real world being another level of the matrix and having the story just be yet another loop. However I think that would have been far too brave a decision and so they had to go with a happy ending (well kind of).
Just tell us all the ending for everyone who hasn't seen it, why don't you? :rolleyes: Cheers.

O

old.Dillinja

Yeah that was pretty fucking stupid to write that there with no spoiler tags at all.

B

Belsameth

no idea how much spoiler it actually contains, as I didn't dare to really read it....but better safe then sorry :)

A

Aussie-

the last 15mins were good. the first 1h30min was nothing more then shoot shoot paw paw special effects zzzz and no story.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Aussie-
(19:14:28) (aussie) AND THEN TRINITY EVOLVED
(19:14:31) (aussie) AND I WAS LIKE
(19:14:34) (aussie) AMAGAAAD
(19:14:38) (Roller^) Nooo
(19:15:26) (aussie) BUT THE BEST PART WAS NEO BEING THE MACHINE BOSS
(19:15:29) (aussie) and i was like
(19:15:32) (aussie) AMAGAAAD
(19:16:02) —› kick: (aussie) was kicked by (Jozen) (AMAGAAAD A YOU)
OMG 4USSI3 YUOR RIUNING T3H MOVI3 4 OTH3RS!!!11

B

BlitheringIdiot

I cracked the code.

Keanu is an anagram of 'A nuke'. Dont you see, hes a weapon sent by that girl with the cookies to kill us all through bad acting.

Whats going to happen now is geeks will analyse it all, find more equations and numbers to explain it and then the Wiwhatsit brothers will just say 'err yeah thats it! well done.'

Peter pan has a potential law suit claim though with the whole 'I believe!' thing.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by Aussie-
the last 15mins were good. the first 1h30min was nothing more then shoot shoot paw paw special effects zzzz and no story.

Yeah, no story but damn nice effects, then neo started talking and it all went wrong :(

A

Aussie-

duh

everything i've said so far on irc and bw is all fake :p

O

old.Xarr

i liked revolutions. didn't love it, but i thought it was a great flick.

however all the flak being thrown at this move is kinda silly. it ain't that bad, geesh.

oh and aussie, you had me yesterday :p

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by old.Xarr
i liked revolutions. didn't love it, but i thought it was a great flick.

however all the flak being thrown at this move is kinda silly. it ain't that bad, geesh.

oh and aussie, you had me yesterday :p

I agree it wasnt a bad film but they did ruin what it could have been, people are saying its the worst film ever because they are angry.

Now regardless of how you'd unbiased rate it, the fact that 80% of the audience are coming out frustrated and angry at the script writing is not a good thing!

O

old.Morchaoron

it was fun, not kinda what i expected, but fun ^^

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
I agree it wasnt a bad film but they did ruin what it could have been, people are saying its the worst film ever because they are angry.

Now regardless of how you'd unbiased rate it, the fact that 80% of the audience are coming out frustrated and angry at the script writing is not a good thing!

i agree with you... they lost alot of potential when they decided to end it the way they did. alot of answers are still there and i can see why alot of people are frustrated by it. however i really liked the ending. my reasons being this (by the way spoilers a-hoy) :

those of you who have seen 'the animatrix' will probably remember the episode called 'the second renessaince' (part1 and part2). in these documentary-like episodes we are shown how it all started. how the machines only wanted to co-exist with the humans, but are denied this and exiled into their own country. then the war starts and the humans are getting totally owned. these episodes really helped me draw a picture about how the war between the humans and machines was outside of the matrix.

when revolutions was near the end i feared neo was gonna own smith and then backstab the machines so mankind could destroy every single machine or something (a picture of several humans stomping a toaster appeared in my mind, not unlike the scene in 'starship troopers' where all the kids are stepping on cockroaches).

so this peace-ending was really satisfying to me. me like.

phew, that must've been the longest post i have evar made

*shudder*

T

Tom

Get back in your hole outsider

Begone!

...wait a minute :eek:

O

old.Xarr

i agree with some of your points wij.. but i don't mind neo being able to do all that stuff outside of the matrix. i feel it gives another dimension to the movie.

O

old.Whoodoo

Matrix: Great plot. Groundbreaking SFX scenes. Good action sequesnces. Had an ending that didnt exactly leave you wanting more, but plenty of room for expansion. You want home happy.

Matrix Reloaded: Mediocre plot. Most of the cash spent on 2 or 3 scenes but nothing really groundbreaking. Action sequences good but nothing really new. Story line as it should be, being the middle of a trilogy. You went home wanting an end to it.

Matrix Revolutions: WTF? Erm... pass the shrooms, ermm...yeah.....erm.... :puke:

You went home feeling dirty, let down and £6 poorer. This film should be left as a pirate on the net for all to download and delete afterwards, and no one should pay for it, having already forked out £12 to see the first 2 films.

But, well go see it...... Im betting 90% of people walk out with the same 3 words......"What the f***!?"

B

BlitheringIdiot

Wij I can see what you mean but there have been plenty of other films where similar things that we cant comrehend have been achieved. The only way we can understand that its hard to do is through the acting, keanu just looked like he was doing a poo and so we werent really that interested.

My technical theory for why i disliked it was the god awful script.

A

Arnor

From my post in films&dvd's:

Say hello to spoiler-heaven

Film coolness-curve for me: ____--------_

the beginning was the actors from the Matrix1 but it didnt feel like the matrix. Like the friends gang playing a boring as hell chess-movie or sumt, I didnt feel like it fit.

Bane, The Hammer, people on there. Could you BE MORE FUCKING STUPID?!

"hi, we believe this guy here who's in a coma is responsible for getting half the ships killed, lets lay him nicely on this bench here with sharp objects nearby incase he wakes up"

That pissed me off no end

Neo becomming blind was totally kickass, Trinity dying was cool because it "never" happens in other flicks, and because you could almost feel she would bite it seconds before.

Even though Seraph was totally teh roxx, I think it was retarded that him, oracle and indian-girl suddenly were alive after smith was dead. Wtf did he do with em? use winzip?

Even though Trinity is dead and Neo most likely is too, the human race is in ruins and the rest of em are still connected to the matrix, they fucking managed to make it a happy-happy-joy-joy ending, which is balls.

Also, Merv had a tiny part (AGAIN!!), he is very cool and should have had a bigger part, ditto for monica bellucis boobs

Really loved the fact that they had reload-squads for the APU's

oh and on that note, the designer of the APU's should have been shot "look at me, I have this big APU and will smash you"
*throws knife* "gcckkkaaaaarrrghh, you killed me"

the whole fucking IDEA of an ARMORED Personell Unit (im guessing) is that it should PROTECT the user, no?

petty yes since they are fighting robots etc, but still damn annoying.

Other then that I liked the flick pretty well.

It was in NO way close to matrix1 (maybe the run to the machine city by neo&trin-trin, but nuttin else)

Im not thinking of this as a trilogy, its The Matrix, then Damn Cool Action Flick 1&2 (reloaded&revolutions) imo

W

Wij

Originally posted by Arnor
Im not thinking of this as a trilogy, its The Matrix, then Damn Cool Action Flick 1&2 (reloaded&revolutions) imo

its The Matrix, then Pretty Cool Action Flick then Hip-flask Of Rancid Dingo Semen.

K

katt!

Originally posted by Arnor
the whole fucking IDEA of an ARMORED Personell Unit (im guessing) is that it should PROTECT the user, no?

petty yes since they are fighting robots etc, but still damn annoying.

it would have been easier to model/animate + it would have looked cooler ;/

give reason ;/

Users who are viewing this thread