New liIve expansion call to arms

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Today we issued a Call to Arms to all players of WAR with the announcement of the first live expansion for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. Call to Arms will introduce an incredible array of new content to the game, including two highly anticipated new careers – the head bashin’ Orc Choppa and the oath-sworn Dwarf Slayer – and a new dungeon zone called Land of the Dead, set in the desert realm of the Tomb Kings.

The Call to Arms live expansion, set to roll out for free, beginning next month and running through June, will also include three in-game live events, a new RvR Scenario, added functionality to the Realm Wars section of the WAR web site, the opening of the official WAR Forums, and a new free trial version of the game.

Call to Arms Live Expansion Schedule

Call to Arms: Bitter Rivals Live Event (March): Successful completion of the live event allows head start access to the new Orc Choppa and Dwarf Slayer careers. The event will also introduce a new Chaos-themed RvR Scenario, Twisting Tower. See below for more information.

The Orc Choppa and Dwarf Slayer answer the Call to Arms and join WAR! (March) See below for more information.

Call to Arms: Beyond the Sands Live Event (April): The promise of great riches and powerful weapons comes from the south.

Call to Arms: Rise of the Tomb Kings Live Event (May): The race between Order and Destruction begins to unlock the Land of the Dead for their Realm.

Land of the Dead Opens (June): The deserts of Nehekhara open to players with the addition of a new RvR-gated dungeon zone. To gain access to the Land of the Dead, opposing Realms must battle for control of the zone to access dozens of new Public Quests, instanced lairs, and a massive new Tomb Kings dungeon to plunder in search of the Casket of Souls.

More details on these and other new features soon to invade the Age of Reckoning will be revealed as the launch of Call to Arms grows near.

WAR

looks like GoA are screwed though:

added functionality to the Realm Wars section of the WAR web site

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
looks like GoA are screwed though:

added functionality to the Realm Wars section of the WAR web site

I don't think anyone would argue against this being an area for improvement. Reading between the lines from various posts I've seen around they are working on it.

Nate

FH is my second home
It's all great stuff for people that look forward to new careers, but I'd have liked to see some of the things they're working on for the current ones. The new content sounds nice aswell.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
I agree with Nate.

There has got to be a balance between bringing in new stuff in order to keep the game fresh and interesting but also ensuring existing bits and bobs work as they should and are balanced.

Getting the balance right to please everyone... now there's a tricky thing.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I love how they call these patches "expansions" i guess it's handy to advertise a mmo with "10 Expansions already!"

Ormorof

FH is my second home
so when do we get slayers/choppas? it says see below for more info but there isnt anymore info? :p

mooSe_

FH is my second home
so when do we get slayers/choppas? it says see below for more info but there isnt anymore info? :p

The months that things are gonna be released in are in the newsletter but I can't remember them and I've closed it now.

Nate

FH is my second home
March is when the event starts for them

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I've noticed they keep referring to someone called Nate...is that you?

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
The big question is : Who would win, White Lion or Slayer?

(Now that's a battle of shit bands!)

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
This RvR gated dungeon zone will it be similar to DF in that both realms can be inside at the same time ?

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Must be boring when your playing a slayer and want some gear, cause slayers fight naked ;)

Wonder how mythic gonna solve that prob:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom