New Leirvik Layout.

Taken from the Camelot Reporter, for those who don't read it often.

The new Leirvik
With version 1.83 you will discover a brand new Leirvik with its new geography that will deeply renew the fights opposing the three Realms for the ownership of the keep and its three towers.

A quick glance at the old and new maps below will make you notice that one of the major changes is the addition of three islands and of bridges. These elements allow to reach the central island by foot, which will offer an alternative to the boat and diving (in deep waters). The terrain is thus more diversified, and also larger, which will be of some importance in the central island.

The keep, now slightly higher, will be farther from the banks and enemies will be able to circulate on the isle without being automatically the target of bowmen. Towers of each Realm have also been added near the bridges but they are not defended. Even if there's been an increase of the size of the landmass, the number of monsters has not been increased, making it easier to circulate, mostly at the centre where monsters are no longer aggressive but simply hostile.

Fights should thus take another tactical dimension thanks to this new terrain, plains, bridges and your characters will then be ready to defend their Realms !

doc-1631.jpg

doc-1632.jpg

doc-1633.jpg

doc-1634.jpg

Current Leirvik Map

New Leirvik

So whats people's thought's on this, i'd say it looks pretty sweet tbh ^^

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Id like to sex00r you under that hibbie bridge tbh :(

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Looks really good, or well, I already knew since I was active on US right after 1.83 was live. Not that I care since I don't really stop up to play in the battlegrounds, but I guess the people that DO will enjoy this place a lot more than the former, boring Leirvik.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
looks much better, the current leirvik is really badly designed I got bored everytime I went there long long before any of my toons got near cap.

Unfortunatly I wont be able to see how much better it is unless I delete one of my toons since all of them are now over that level :<

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Imagine that new leirvik map if we had a fourth realm :|

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Looks really nice :) tobad im not much into playing bg's :D

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
hehe, nice swastika :D

and about the new layout, hmm, could have been 1 more bridge from each realms second island to the main island.

else it looks good, everything is better than the waterworld hell before :D

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Glacier said:
Imagine that new leirvik map if we had a fourth realm :|

LOL, on a more serious note it's a mix of Nf and Agramon :p good design tho surely more exciting than the actual one.

Keitan

Banned
i play US and go leirvik alot and the new leirvik i must say roxor there a new little towers that u cant take ;) its rly good and good fun :) 3 towers 3 untakeable towers

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
the current leirvik is hugely disappointing. This new one looks very good. Can't wait :)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Wish they would cluster some of the Bg's though. Lower the BG activeity the more servers you cluster that BG with.

Busy Bg's would give you a alternitive way of leveling. Probably make the level 25-29 and 30-34 Bg's abit more popular aswell.

Such a shame you cant effectively PvP from 20-50

Prehaps a DF seal style system were player dropped seals could be turned in for equipment.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I liked the tower on CS road in OF

Sit on top of that and watch the high rr group steam past, priceless.

Remember seeing dotbot dot the lot of them as they ran past and were like wtf

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Renewed my acct last week (again...) and just tried out the new Leirvik yesterday, and it's really nice!

Now you can actually roam, and when I was in there at about 1500 server pop, there was maybe 15 or so from every realm, so at least some action now, used to be dead even with 2500 on the server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom