New lair

H

Hrogar

Last night me and some guildies in the honorable Imperial Army were trying to start up yet another guildhunt in Trollheim in the new SI-area. Problem was only 3 of us at proper level were available, and no real high levler was free to help us. A bit discouraged for a moment we decided to flag on alliancechat for more people, not really hoping anyone would be up for it. Imagine our surprise when we suddenly had 1 fg at our disposal plus people getting on list for joining.
Sadly our grouped lacked casters (there were few on and even less interested) and levels, but still got some exp and loads of fun as our group decided to merge with a zerg of Brotherhood of Midgard and laid waste to Trollheim.
Now I don't want you old players to choke on your jolts, but Trollheim MIGHT (do notice MIGHT) have the potential of a new lair. With the right groupcombination and some support from level 50's the exp is at level with lairexp. And foremost there's obviously interested people out there, seeing that we had 1 fg going just a few minutes after the idea was born, and as the evening went by we another fg on waitinglist.
So what do you think about this? Is there anyone else interested in helping with organizing Trollheimraids for those of us who don't have the time and patience for the real lairlist?
In my humble opinion an alternative to lair would be much appreciated, and the younger talents of our realm (let's say level 40-49) would get a good chance to get good exp.
/Hrogar
PS Ten cheers to all the people in Brotherhood of Midgard for making the first trip this memorable and for helping us with Dagar DS

T

Tasans

I wouldnt like to see bar turning into another lair, so no. Plus snemel may be too hard for a random xping group to handle.

W

Whoodoo_RD

There are some good areas around in SI that i think maybe equal to lair, especially in Faraheim, lots of purp to 50 type mobs.

Surprised no one has checked it out before.

H

Hrogar

I don't mean to sabotage Trollheim, I'm just concerned about the good of the realm. At the moment levling from 40-50 is slow in absurdum, much due to the fact that the best exp is in lair and people would rather put themselves on that waitinglist than create groups elsewhere. Sure, there'll be loads of people in Trollheim but compared to what comes out of it (faster exp for those poor fellas at lvl 40-49) I think it's a price well worth paying.
And I know, Snemel is a mean one but with some lvl 50 support he is doable.
The real problem is chaning people's attitude so they're not scared by the thought of something else but lair.

U

uglymug

The lair somehow has some almost mythical reputation of having the best xp in mid ... i won't comment on that, but i have my doubts. Biggest problem i personally have with the lair, or H for that matter, is the whole list 'system' ... so please don't try to make something similar for TH..... lists suck!

As for alternatives to the lair, try vanern swamp and raum for a much more interesting surrounding than the lair, different mobs at different locations. This may not be as fast as the lair, but it's way more fun and the xp is still VERY good. Or if you're feeling adventurous..try Dodens Gruva

And in SI land there are some possibilities, treehouses at hagall, the already mentioned TH, Lairnivur's Lair and the surrounding woods is really good and a pretty dungeon :)

T

Tasans

You assume too much. Why would L50ies come and help TH groups unless they are friends, which means they will leave as soon as the the person who are helping dings, or guildies. And snemel doesnt require any l50 to be doable you specifically need a warrior for that job. Lair doesnt require anything more than a few tanks and seers to xp.
You dont like the list attitude in lair so you will try to put a list in another place, and it will be ok since its for the good of the realm?
Try and make your own groups to xp to 50 and dont ruin th with lists and crap.
Keep TH free. :p

R

redknapp

Hrogar,

A couple of things id like to point out..

First, xping at TH is not actually your idea, folk from Midgard have been xping there since it opened, after all you found a group already in there.

Second, the xp is actually not as good as Lair, although Lair levels of xp are achievable elsewhere.

Third, people do not find the idea of xping anywhere other than lair abhorrent. The problem is getting a decent group during the day is bloody hard work. Of a night, the Lair list tends to move a lot faster, because folks go out to hunt with their guilds etc.

Fourth, incredible though it may seem people do not xp at the Lair because the xp is necessarily massive, they do it because in a properly formed group it is fairly safe. Drakulvs always come in 4s, so you can work out the perfect killing tactics.

Fifth, a couple is two, not 4.

Please dont turn TH into another shitty list spot. If you do, expect me to totally ignore the list if i decide to hunt in there.

S

svartmetall

I would rather go anywhere than endure the 'list' bullshit for Lair again...

...went there to get Svartmetall to 50 but won't go there again, had to endure so much rudeness and waiting around and powergaming and selfishness and general unfun that Trollheim or somewhere else will get Collateral Damage to 50.

And I'd hate to see TH get taken over by list-style nonsense.

T

Tilda

alb has made a great sucess of its SI dungeon and its now regarded as the best place to xp from 40 to 50.

I would recommend that you mids try it too :)

Tilda

V

Vell

Originally posted by Tilda
alb has made a great sucess of its SI dungeon and its now regarded as the best place to xp from 40 to 50.

I would recommend that you mids try it too :)

Tilda

Yeah, the problem with TH that you don't get quite so much in your dungeon is that every single decent camp of mobs in TH always has a rediculously high level (or more than one) mob that has the tendency to go a bit psycho at times.

As Tasans said, the bar is a great place to XP, but you really really need a 50 warrior to even stand a chance against Snemel - and that's if the group is well balanced.

Other spots in TH are a bit fishy due to incredibly quick-spawning casters that refuse to get interrupted. If you're not prepared for it, you die.

But back to the point: TH is best suited for a group of guildies/friends. A list system won't work because every time someone wants to leave/another to join, you have to go back to the entrance, then back to your camp spot, etc.

Just out of interest - you said you had another fg on the waiting list....why not invite them along too?

H

Hrogar

Thanks for pointing my wrongs out all of you, I didn't mean to disturb the serious discussions on this forum with my lowbee noncense.

I can't comment on Trollheimexp being better or worse than Lairexp since I've never once made it past list, after signing up for it more times than I want to remember. What I do know it IS good exp, I've made lvl 41-46 almost exclusively in those cozy caverns with the good help of my guild.

I do not like the listidea, I'm just saying we might as well have two lairs going as one. Half the waiting time, faster exp to lvl 50 and a good push forward for the realm. Seeing the mild interest the "real" players of this realm have shown for this idea I won't bother working any more with it though. I just think it's sad the time to get to 50 is this long because of fear of change.

Oh, and about the 1fg on waitinglistthing, you try and keep a highlevelgroup going while simultanously pming 8 people with directions to Trollheim, getting them in group and so on.

I'll just stick to guildgroups and soloing then, sorry to bother you.

/Hrogar, eternal lowbee

B

ballock

Don't mind em Hroggie.

BW is all about whine and negative stuff. Never ever post something that might be good, cause almost everyone will flame ya. But seldom does the flamers dare to give a suggestion of their own. Kinda /chicken to me ;)

But using our new /as chat for finding groupmembers seams to be a great idea.

well, off to grab some beer. Cyas.

D

Driwen

reason why people said dont make it into a list spot, is because list spot = spot they cant get to with a guild group or some friends as someone else is already pulling from there. Lair almost always has atleast 1 group pulling from it. Just most people dont want list spots all over the realm as that means they cant kill those mobs once they hit level 50 (ofc at lair you can as there is place for a 2nd group, but for an other spot maybe there isnt?). So people who hate the list, just want it to be restricted to lair and making TH a standard place for lvl 40+ to level would make it into a list place ;).

Thanks for pointing my wrongs out all of you, I didn't mean to disturb the serious discussions on this forum with my lowbee noncense

but uhm you asked for opinions, they gave them maybe it might have been a little rough. But they just pointed out what was wrong and wasnt that what you wanted? It is a nice suggestion, nobody denied that. Just that there are some flaws in it, which is why it isnt a new spot for lair. It has very little to do with fear of change, as people need to change tactics all the time with the patches. If you had wanted to only hear yes lets start doing this dont ask for opinions of people?:)

and ballock telling where in your opinion a plan is flawed isnt flaming. Apart from the byffa/smurf/aomi/rhesusminus/old.sko it has been a decent thread. Hrogar wanted opinions about his plan, he didnt ask for a new place for xp(which vell actually did do). Do post idea's on this board, but some times idea which might look perfect to you might not be so good. As you got blinded by it and forgot to look at what might be bad about it.

D

Durux

I have been in Trollheim on XP hunt.
We where 4 FGs lvl 40-50 and the XP is so much better than lair, but the loot is worse.

We where in a room under The Rift where there was instant spawn(not 1-30 sec but INSTANT). It was the best xp i have ever gotten.

The only problem is that it requires 4 FGs of 40-50 to do it and the way down there is not something u can run on ur own...

B

bloodclot

Originally posted by driwen
reason why people said dont make it into a list spot, is because list spot = spot they cant get to with a guild group or some friends as someone else is already pulling from there. Lair almost always has atleast 1 group pulling from it. Just most people dont want list spots all over the realm as that means they cant kill those mobs once they hit level 50 (ofc at lair you can as there is place for a 2nd group, but for an other spot maybe there isnt?). So people who hate the list, just want it to be restricted to lair and making TH a standard place for lvl 40+ to level would make it into a list place ;).

but uhm you asked for opinions, they gave them maybe it might have been a little rough. But they just pointed out what was wrong and wasnt that what you wanted? It is a nice suggestion, nobody denied that. Just that there are some flaws in it, which is why it isnt a new spot for lair. It has very little to do with fear of change, as people need to change tactics all the time with the patches. If you had wanted to only hear yes lets start doing this dont ask for opinions of people?:)

and ballock telling where in your opinion a plan is flawed isnt flaming. Apart from the byffa/smurf/aomi/rhesusminus/old.sko it has been a decent thread. Hrogar wanted opinions about his plan, he didnt ask for a new place for xp(which vell actually did do). Do post idea's on this board, but some times idea which might look perfect to you might not be so good. As you got blinded by it and forgot to look at what might be bad about it.

i have been a few times on these raids. i am planning one with 3-4FG this i think. maybe tomorrow if we have the peeps. if we are to few. we can always do bar/temple whipes.

S

svartmetall

1FG with mainly 50s can do Bar easy enough...insane XP for the non-50s in the grp.

N

Nichneven

no please oh please oh PLEASE don't turn TH into another Lair with a LK, etc..... bad idea.

C

cadiva

Originally posted by Nichneven
no please oh please oh PLEASE don't turn TH into another Lair with a LK, etc..... bad idea.

Totally agree with Nich and the other people who've mentioned this before.

The aggro levels in Trollheim can be a mare as it is unless you're used to bashing together as a guild group with hideous LoS on some of the nuking mobs and stray level 60+ mobs just itching to come and join in when you're already fighting a group of red/purple cons.

Trollheim is fantastic to xp in in a guild group where you know what you're doing, where you're going and what's round the corner.

Trollheim also isn't the Midgard version of Avalon either Tilda, that's Tuscaren Glacier, which also has its fair share of buggy spots but is generally brilliant for full on dungeon raids.

The treehouses outside Hagall and just a bit further towards Iarnwood are fast spawning xp spots with some half decent loot (mostly bows, shields and occasional sword drops).

The mobs con yellow, orange and red at level 50 and they spawn almost instantly. My guild has regularly farmed this spot without ever coming across another full guild group so maybe I shouldn't have said anything ;)

If people want to level fast, then go and bare the agonies of the Lair and Malmous. If people want to level fairly quickly and have fun then bash outside Hagall, in Iarnvindur's Lair and in Trollheim and around Delling Crater but for god's sake don't ruin these places by trying to set up another List.

R

redknapp

Hrogar, you posted here looking for feedback, and thats what you got. Maybe some of the feedback was negative, but maybe thats because people feel negative about your idea.

If you just want people to blow sunshine up your arse, id suggest you post this on a guild forum or something. Here people will post what they believe is right.

H

Hrogar

Pardon my sour reply, I hadn't filled my teaquote that morning =)

What disturbed wasn't as much the critic as the lack of will in changing stuff. I mean we've got loads of lvl 50's and that's great, but what about those of us who're still stuck below that golden level and may remain there because people feel sentimental about lair? I personally hate lists but it's the only way of keeping a good group in shape.

And again I'm sorry bout my cranky reply. I don't handle non-constructive critiscism well that early in the morning.

/Hrogar

G

gutrot

I would like to see more action in TH, nothing as overbearing as lists but just more usage of such a good dungeon :)

EDIT: and also iarnvidures lair :)

T

ThePure

I hate lair... and I think it's much more important that ppl look to have fun while they xp.. and just hunt away...

D

duact

i love lair, i think the best thing mythic ever did was adding lair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom