Games New KEA Public Server!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
That was the best flash I've ever seen TDC :)

I saw it was going to miss even before you threw it, so ran fowards so that you didnt flash me :) Love it !

p.s. yes we had 2 matches, 20-10 as 18-12 both to us. Fear!! :D

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well played!

We had some laffs - we were playing aztec after a vote and teeds and I had lost about 6 in a row - without saying so, I let my lad of 11 take over and the very next round they won!

Bugger!

Anyway... good fun and a nice server :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
YOU WEREN'T THERE! liar!

lies I've just come off it tbh :p
That was the best flash I've ever seen TDC :)

I saw it was going to miss even before you threw it, so ran fowards so that you didnt flash me :) Love it !

p.s. yes we had 2 matches, 20-10 as 18-12 both to us. Fear!! :D

yeah, good aren't I? :p bugger me for thinking those things go in a straight line :) anyway, I was trying to back you up, so it's the thought that counts :)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
looks like I missed it all :*( played some shit drinking game instead

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
bah, I left and never came back after the disappointment of not seeing you and jup on there teedles. I shall try again another day!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I desperately want to come and play but I am nursing my puking wife at nights and if the boy doesn't go sleep its me who has to sort him due to Samm feeling so rough.

I wanna play matches as well ffs :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
lies I've just come off it tbh :p

yeah, good aren't I? :p bugger me for thinking those things go in a straight line :) anyway, I was trying to back you up, so it's the thought that counts :)

It's all good mate, it's nice to enjoy a game on a public for a change :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
We had a vote and it was decided I was almost the best last night!!!

TdC

at the end it was Jup vs ME! staying power ftw!

(though when he suddenly rallied and got me a couple times I suspected him of sneakily roffleing while his boy plays ;))

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Was me right to the end there Teeds, my lad was playing on de-aztec though and did pretty well considering he's 11, although he did run down my paltry reserves of cash every time he took over :eek:

Probably be on later :ninja:

TdC

haha well you were on a roll at then end :) just like I was a few days ago with my kill streak of.....two :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Tell you what. The map that comes after Dust2 is Inferno.

I seem to think that its a bad map as some people always leave when it comes on. Would you agree with that? If so what map would you have after D2?

taB

Part of the furniture
Tell you what. The map that comes after Dust2 is Inferno.

I seem to think that its a bad map as some people always leave when it comes on. Would you agree with that? If so what map would you have after D2?

I'm sure most people would prefer Dust 2 Throd...

(not me)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Dust after Dust 2 imo (purely to keep people happy though you understand).

Gray

FH is my second home
Theres so many old maps i used to love which i hardly see anymore, things like Assault and Militia. I remember they used to be the common ones, before people started making rehashes of them and totally ruining them [Im looking at you Assault].

Other maps like Aztec too, but that just ends up turning into an AWP halfhour fest.

Train had its fun moments too

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Dust2 after dust2 isnt an option, though I take your point :) Dust isnt on the rotation Trem, you got a bit 2002 then mate :D

The rotation is at a minimum at the moment, it's -

Dust2
Office
Italy
Inferno

After consulting you all I went and changed the rotation anyway! I moved Inferno to the end. We're waiting for a solid community (kind of thing) is built, then maybe we'll add a couple more, perhaps Lost Temple_pro as that always seems popular.

Don't forget chums if none of us are on you can type rtv and raise a map vote if you want, quite easy with only a few people on the server.

TdC

Throdders, how about a wild thing where you have a new random or community map every month? Are there actual CSS community made maps that are any good?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What you need is a short map time, and the vote ability to come up after 5 minutes. So you can have things like militia, assault, italy in your cycle, and after 5 minutes an auto vote pops up. No flock of people leaving the server. Also each map should only be on for 15 minutes max, and reduce the round time to 3 mins.

Nothing worse than having to play the same old maps over and over.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
What you need is a short map time, and the vote ability to come up after 5 minutes. So you can have things like militia, assault, italy in your cycle, and after 5 minutes an auto vote pops up. No flock of people leaving the server. Also each map should only be on for 15 minutes max, and reduce the round time to 3 mins.

Nothing worse than having to play the same old maps over and over.

Round time is 2:30 and map time is 20 at the moment. The biggest problem we appear to have is we get alot of randoms join the server, but after getting killed a few rounds in a row they leave. This is more noticable in the 3v3 4v4 instances, but you can hardly stop killing people to keep them ahppy :p

throdgrain

FH is my second home
We will never have map voting on our server, thats the great disease of CSS, and only leads to Dust2 and Vote Extend.

Good community maps are like rocking horse shite, very rare indeed :) LostTemple will go on the server I expect, thats a custom map. Yoda has added Aztec to the rotation too, because we like it :p

Dont forget typing RTV will give you a list of maps to vote for.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I meant an auto vote after 5 minutes only Throd, not a vote extend type user initiated vote.

Also what about a shorter rotation, so the maps which attract people come around more often?

I think it's a shame people do not sit through maps anymore. The likes of cobble (which is a great map) empties server for some bizarre reason these days.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The map rotation only has 5 maps on it :) I think it's a shame people dont sit through maps too, the wandering CSS player seems to be attracted to D2, and D2 only, like a fly to shit :)

The maps we've chosen are the ones we consider to be the most likely to attract players. We've stolen this idea off another server that's very popular, but is 75 tick and we got banned from it for no reason, which started off this crusade to start a decent server with decent players!

We need to get people on the server with D2, and keep them on through the other maps, but make sure the other maps are the most popular of what's available. Once loads of people are on the server it's not a problem oddly enough. People are like lemmings, but there you go :)

TdC

what does this 'tick' thing mean? I just presumed 100 ticks meant it had a fast cpu or something...

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Its ping isnt it? The speed in which you connect to the server, means you dont have to face any laggy bastards warping all over the place.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
sys_ticrate - defines how often HLDS will process events, also known as frame rate.

It makes a big difference to the server you play on. Match servers are always 100 tick, no idea why people use anything less.

Uara

Part of the furniture
I've just re-installed CS:S for the first time in years.......so may play later on and be some target practice!!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Just been playing on there with my laptop! runs css at a very respectable 12 frames per second and 100ms ping time :D

Great fun though :)

Debaser

One of Freddy's beloved
Why is my bullet reg always flawless when i shoot my team mates?

Can you put cbble and piranesi on please and remove inferno please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom