Advice New iPhone 6s Battery

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I've just got the battery replaced on my daughters iPhone 6s. The guy who did it suggested fully cycling the battery (100% to 0% to 100%) 15 times before going to a more normal charging routine. He said that this would help prolong the battery lifetime.

I'd not heard of this, and a quick google search hasn't helped much, just lots of advice on keeping existing batteries healthy. Articles on how to replace batteries don't then mention any sort of charging routine to use afterwards. The only advice that comes close is to do one full cycle a month to 'calibrate' the battery.

What do you guys think? Has anyone heard of this? Is it worthwhile? Any other advice?

Thanks

Syri

FH is my second home
It's a load of rubbish, modern batteries don't need it at all. It's just information carried over from the old batteries from pre-smart phones, but the tech for charging and maintaining them has changed a lot since then. Just charge it up and use it.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Brilliant, thanks Syri. Just what I wanted to hear :). Suspected as much, but wanted to be sure .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom