New info from gamespot on OB start.

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...spx?sku=646910

here ya go found over at Warhammer Alliance.

Reserve Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and receive:

Open Beta Access: Be one of the first players to experience the glory of battle and the thrill of WAR! Open Beta will run from September 3, 2008 at 10am EST until September 12, 2008 at 10am EST. The Open Beta will level capped and content restricted.

Live Game Head Start: Reserve customers will get a 3-day head start on the battlefields of WAR. The Live Game Head Start begins on September 15, 2008 at 10am EST.

Bonus In-Game Items: Equip your characters for the journey to the frontlines with Rittenbach’s Portable Camp and Sentinel’s Amber Band.

Universal Fighting System Battle Deck: The Emperor Karl Franz and Tchar’zanek, dread Champion of Tzeentch, go head-to-head in this exclusive collectible card game deck from Fantasy Flight Games.

ONLINE/IN-STORE PICKUP CUSTOMERS: You will receive a code for the bonus items. Please provide a valid email address at time of purchase.

STORE CUSTOMERS: All bonus items will be available in store at time of reservation. Items available in store week of August 4. Please call ahead to confirm availability.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
CE is turning out to be the biggest rip off from any mmo...

i'd rather save alot of money not have the heads, extra quests ,artbook, minature and a figure.

card deck is better than a a novel and artbook imo :ninja:

i thought the headstart and open beta access was suposed to be one of the major perks of buying CE......

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Early access is often only for a weekend and the open beta is probably a stress test mainly, so no need for it to go on for more than a few days.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
CE is turning out to be the biggest rip off from any mmo...

i'd rather save alot of money not have the heads, extra quests ,artbook, minature and a figure.

card deck is better than a a novel and artbook imo :ninja:

i thought the headstart and open beta access was suposed to be one of the major perks of buying CE......

I must admit that I'm a bit unsure what to think here.
If this is indeed true, then I do think Mythic have been ripping off people indeed if suddenly normal pre-order provides almost the same benefits of the CE. The OB and Head start were my primary reasons for buying the CE.

Shame on Mythic if it is true - I had not expected this from them.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
Early access is often only for a weekend and the open beta is probably a stress test mainly, so no need for it to go on for more than a few days.
im not bothered about the length im upset that it apears as though normal edition pre orders get the same code benefits as the collectors edition pre order.

thats total BS if its true, there was little point of buying the collectors edition for most people other than the headstart + Open beta.

i remember mythic people posting on forums saying you would need a CE code to keep a headstart account active, seems they just lied to everyone

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
thats total BS if its true, there was little point of buying the collectors edition for most people other than the headstart + Open beta.

I thought people buy CE's mostly for the fluff,like pipboy statue and lunchbox on Fallout 3 CE.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
I thought people buy CE's mostly for the fluff,like pipboy statue and lunchbox on Fallout 3 CE.
true with offline games but different with mmo's.

maybe if WAR had something thats usable in the realworld for all like a really cool T-shirt most people would have bought it for fluff.

still im disapointed they mislead everyone by not stating the proper facts, seeing as its EA though its not that suprising really is it

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
I think u might be reading wrong if your pissed off, this is good news, its just the yanks that r pist off, we`re ok.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I doubt many did. Most did for head start and OB.

They willing to pay 30 extra euros for that? Send that to me if you have too much cash!

Oh and it's strange how yanks are getting OB just by pre-ordering yet nothing on Europe.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
They willing to pay 30 extra euros for that? Send that to me if you have too much cash!

Oh and it's strange how yanks are getting OB just by pre-ordering yet nothing on Europe.
30 euros is nothing compared to the £100+ people were selling beta accounts for on ebay lol

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
30 euros is nothing compared to the £100+ people were selling beta accounts for on ebay lol

No-one in their right mind will spend £100 for 3-days early access play and anyone that does deserves to get fleeced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom