New idea 4 the archer classes...

K

Khazik

I didn't play a hunter when the archer class was 'uber' and was able to take down fully buffed tanks in a couple of shots.

I play my hunter well, I think. Love taking anything down. No caster can survive if I play properly once I start firing.

Tanks.. well ran into a merc and mincer at HMG Hadrians yesterday, the mincer dropped in 3 shots, crit hit for over 700pts, popped two more then ran, restealthed... The merc, I thought would be easy too, using barbed arrows.. Couldn't get crit off on him, it kept switching to normal shots. Think I need to leave it a while longer before re-engaging him again. Anyway, the mincer kept dropping to me, nice RPs, but the damn merc was too hard. Far too many hp for me to drop him before he got in range. Bugger had IP up (ugh, thought he had already used it) and he only hit for 177 tops, but he was damn fast :) my slow assed spear hit hard (400+) but was, as said, slow. He was left with 10% or so when I died, but damn it was good fun.

My point is, I love my Hunter. Glad I didn't have him before archers were nerfed. But I cannot complain. I get my share of RPs from casters, and can take out most other classes that I get the jump on. Hence why we spec stealth.

Assasins and other archers aren't a problem if I get the jump on them too. Thats the point of being a stealther, getting the jump on someone.

p.s True Sight isn't really worth 10pts imo, it needs a shorter timer to combat See Hidden (imho), but you are glad when you get paranoid, pop TS and then see someone stealthing around :D

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by old.LandShark
critshots go through BT, remove see hidden, boost detect hidden, remove IP from everyone except tanks, finito

miss and fumble rates?

O

old.Mick

should decrease % for miss and other nasty things as distance to target decreases, with max range having the current rates

im a mage and easier for an archer to kill me with melee than bow :S not good

B

bishibosh

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Sure.. Nullify PBT.

The only defense versus a good archer I have is PBT.

I said nulify on a crit shot, theyre hard to get, dont try and make it sound like ur defenceless against scout with ur "only" defence, which actually renders you entirely invincible to them

T

Tranquil-

actually.. critshots are pretty limited because of their restrictions already. It would force tanks to use guard more frequently too... with a shieldspec tank guarding you it's not easy to get shots in..

instead of the impossible task of creating real shieldwalls and collision detection, add more guard abilities that work on several people or something. blocking is amazingly effective against archery ;)

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Gorbash
head shot - int debuff

hehe, I can picture that:

Scout1 hits Troll1 in the head!
Troll1's intelligence decreases!
<Troll1 stands still and stares at the pretty trees drooling>

K

Khazik

Originally posted by old.Mick

im a mage and easier for an archer to kill me with melee than bow :S not good

If I could do a shocked face I would. I find it easier to drop casters with my bow, then run and restealth to get another deathmsg for my name.

2-3 shots and a caster is dead, if its even con. Anything less can drop in 1-2 shots.

S

SingerOfSoul

Originally posted by Trinilim
hehe, I can picture that:

Scout1 hits Troll1 in the head!
Troll1's intelligence decreases!
<Troll1 stands still and stares at the pretty trees drooling>

:clap: ROFL :clap:

M

marach

omg ur fucked up, instant arrows, burning arrows etc... go play d2!!

B

bishibosh

Originally posted by manaBomBer
If I could do a shocked face I would. I find it easier to drop casters with my bow, then run and restealth to get another deathmsg for my name.

2-3 shots and a caster is dead, if its even con. Anything less can drop in 1-2 shots.

wow, your shots ignore bt? nice

K

Khazik

Originally posted by bishibosh
wow, your shots ignore bt? nice

Not all casters have BT up for some reason. Anyway, fire normal shot, takes out BT. Line up crit shot, then pop another shot. Dead caster. 2-3shots.

I

inuyasha

I know...

lets remove the BT from mages
And cap resists at 40%

I liked it way back, before Ras and bts on mages :p

F

Faeldawn

Hard one isnt it.

Remove bt from mages and archers own em.

Keep bt on mages and they own archers (i mean ffs, any mage that cant use /face qc in rvr is just asking to be made an example of).

Problem is that if a target has evade, a sheild or bt, an archer cant easily beat them. Once an archer drops stealth if that first shot doesnt land yer in DEEP trouble. Its bloody hard for an archer to fire 2-3 shots before either a tank gets to melee range or they get mezzed/stunned or simply bolted or an assassin spots them.

Leaves archer classes hunting zerkers, BM's and other archer classes as primary targets, or kiting zergs to get a shot off at enemies in melee.

Arrows still drop a bt, and as such are good assistance for melee classes.

An archer/assassin combo works well. Assassin pa's, then archer drops targets bt so assassin can get off his CS chain (if the target survives the PA). This also works when using the archer as 'sassin bait. A stealth group with 1-2 archers and 5-6 assassins can be more lethal than a group of just assassins. Enemies target the assassins in melee giving the archers an easy target to pick off the mages/healers, especially any pbaoe mage.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by inuyasha
I know...

lets remove the BT from mages
And cap resists at 40%

I liked it way back, before Ras and bts on mages :p

yeah, lets bring back the good old times when a archer could solo any class with no or little problems.

This was why the archers got nerfed, tho Mythic overdid it a tad :)

T

Tranquil-

Archery had lots of small issues which made it overpowered, not one big issue.. They took away all of them. That combined with having the worst issues of melee with the worst issues of casting is what makes it a very situational attack..

Users who are viewing this thread