New Home ?

Morella

Loyal Freddie
Hello all,

I would like peoples opinion about how dificult it would be for a solo minstrel to reach "PvP ready" state (whatever that means... SC , ToA or Not).
See I play a Shadowblade on Mid-Excal but would like a change towards instant action. Will it be easy to find lvling grps or would i have to go all the way solo ?
Is farming money an option or epic armor for the win ?
What about buffbots ? Impossible to play any pvp without one ?
Sorry if some of you dont understand a word of what i say :p
My english is not so good !

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Well at first to beat the other /level zergs you should get some decent armour. Maybe roll a necro first to farm some cash, or get some traded over.

B

Ballad

Morella said:
Hello all,

I would like peoples opinion about how dificult it would be for a solo minstrel to reach "PvP ready" state (whatever that means... SC , ToA or Not).
See I play a Shadowblade on Mid-Excal but would like a change towards instant action. Will it be easy to find lvling grps or would i have to go all the way solo ?
Is farming money an option or epic armor for the win ?
What about buffbots ? Impossible to play any pvp without one ?
Sorry if some of you dont understand a word of what i say :p
My english is not so good !
Your english is excellent mate. :)

Now to your questions...

Your PvP career starts from 20 and continues all the way to 50 and beyond. Getting a character PvP ready means pretty much crafted gear and some jewellery pre-50. ToA and artifacts tend to be a little troublesome here... no need to worry about them atm, you are still young. :p

No, pickup exp groups do not exist here. It's better to organize a fixed one or just roll a shammybot.

Epics are good until 48 or so. The cost and rarity varies depending on your class.

No, there are not many botted PvP'ers around. That's because PvP is rarely passive; you have to move around to get kills. Buffies are mostly used for exping and farming. Ie: you can live without one.

Good luck on Camlann. :)

Morella

Loyal Freddie
Fast Response !
Thank you so much guys !
I will try to persuade some rl friends to join me. Guess its gonna be much easier with their aid. Good to hear that bots are not a must as i kinda dislike them. The fact that heavy toa template is not really necesarry makes me happy
because i wont need to spend lots of hours farming them and xping them.

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Morella said:
Fast Response !
Thank you so much guys !
I will try to persuade some rl friends to join me. Guess its gonna be much easier with their aid. Good to hear that bots are not a must as i kinda dislike them. The fact that heavy toa template is not really necesarry makes me happy
because i wont need to spend lots of hours farming them and xping them.

Help from friends would be a major help though it is possible to solo, certainly with a mincer :) just dont get annoyed with the constant ganking if you show your face too much.

Was in Goth earlier being 46 I thought I stood a chance. I was literally dying the moment I came off timer :(, sucks so I went elsewhere :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
what i would say is when your lvl 20 in teh free armour your gonnna die so much. stick with it cause when your lvl 22-23 and they are blue its easy kills and great xp

Bellona

Banned
If you play minstrel and have a buffbot, you can solo some artifact encounters with a buffed pet, and you can farm all scrolls... with exceptions ofcause :)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
level 20: a bitch, you get steamrolled by other insta 20 grps.. etcetc. Getting some form of armour (RoG or whatever, OTHER than the free stuff will make you feel like GOD herself).

level 36: fuck this level, you need to hide and xp some to become at least 40 where you won't be 1 shotted by the level 50's around (You become green con for them, and no matter if you're just alive again, they see you? ur dead).

level 40+: get into a better guild, so you can get some xp, items, toa stuff perhaps.

level 50: you should be set :)

Between these levels; You can get killed everywhere you xp, make peace on sight.. if they don't reply run or kill them instead or grp em :p Try to duo or make a grp of 3, this gives the best result xp / rp's wise :)

Also, start with making a necro! It's 45+ in notime, and gives you some starter money and the essential RoG gear needed to survive the lvl 20-24 range :)

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
transfer money or make a necro, pvp to 50

most fun ever :)

Elekrep

Loyal Freddie
Well I had to start from lvl 0 when I started, and now got a lvl 27 skald (and about 3 lvl 10-20 toons)I had a huge help to my toon from a fellow skald (HUGE thanks to ballad :worthy: ) But still, leveling is quite fast, if ye solo and find yellow/blue cons, they give alot exp, and if ye can kill red's, Huh!!Like killing a yellow alone gives a half bulb, and nice gold.

Groups are quite easy to find, but good groops are rare, most groups 20-30 are zerging around cot's or mm killing all they can see, and most of the groups are silent, because of the language barrier (French,German) and nobody never want's to lead em, so when ye got speed, they usually assume ye want to lead.

As a mincer, ye will find groups quite easy, for the mezz and speed (and mezz will really save yer life many, many times) And ye got stealth, that is quite useful on cam. One good tip is, when ye meet Nice guys at cam, who ye enjoy playing with, mark em as friends, so that way ye allways got good guys to group with, Duos are quite good for cam.

But welcome to cam!!Now I cant even go back to regular server.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
maybe if ballad was accidently sitting down and take his armour off and was in a far away place and you decided to jump him then you would get uber xp/rp but come on whats the chance of this happenig

*bahumat walks off giggling*

Elekrep

Loyal Freddie
Bahumat said:
maybe if ballad was accidently sitting down and take his armour off and was in a far away place and you decided to jump him then you would get uber xp/rp but come on whats the chance of this happenig

*bahumat walks off giggling*

:eek7: :eek7:

No, he didn't help me exp, if that's what yer thinkin...

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Ballad said:
Your english is excellent mate. :)

He plays on excal so it was kind of..... expectable? :)

To the topic starter:

I wouldn't bother with a chain class without a decent source of money on the server. Level a necro as many said before me, I got 10plats now and already bought a set of 99% chain+sword+shield (I'm an upcoming minstrel too).

Necros are just unbeatable at farming money on your own. A cheap class, you don't even need a sc kit for your necro, just cap dex,int,con and deathsight with rog.

Also having a 50 necro is great for pling your alts ;p

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Elekrep said:
:eek7: :eek7:

No, he didn't help me exp, if that's what yer thinkin...

He just had the irresistable urge to add something totally irrevelant, don't mind him :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
no if he kills ballad he gets crap loads of rp which is what most people do. i dont mean rp farming like horde did but killing a friend once is nothing new. that way you get mcl if your a caster or mob if your a tank.

do i really have to spell it out guys

Elekrep

Loyal Freddie
Lothandar said:
He just had the irresistable urge to add something totally irrevelant, don't mind him :p

wtf ye talkin?Do ye even read the other post's?

I posted that because I tought he tought that Ballad letted me kill him for couple rp's and exp..No, the deal was that Ballad( :worthy: ) left cam, so the donated me some money,hammer and epics, that really helped me out..
but I really don't see the idea of yer post...

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Elekrep said:
wtf ye talkin?Do ye even read the other post's?

Wtf ye talkin? Do you speak english? :l

There seems to be terrible flaws in your knowledge nonetheless.

I was ANSWERING you, as you asked a question, not SPEAKING ABOUT you.

How difficult was that to discover?

Elekrep

Loyal Freddie
Ah, my bad, tought ye were saying that to my post....
Sry, My bad, I admit it..just loosing my temper at work, too much coffeine, not enough nicotine..

Morella

Loyal Freddie
Also having a 50 necro is great for pling your alts ;p[/QUOTE said:
I was told that i would need a buffbot also in order to pl my mincer with necro.
Is that true ? Dont intend on paying 3 accounts :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
my point was he could of let you kill him for rp. i wanted to deliberately cover what i was saying with an obvious coover up. mysteriously sitting down with no armour.

no offense intended sorry if it sounded liek that.

no harm done im off home wow 4 cans of coke im buzzin but cant stop peeing

Elekrep

Loyal Freddie
Heh, now I'm pissing of all 50's at cam and gonna get ganked..
Yeah, Kill Kosto on sight, that green dwarf Skald running alone around pk..

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
A buffbot greatly reduces the amount of downtime when you're pling with a necro and increases the number of kills / time.

It is not a requirement but makes it a lot easier.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
there are many great places to pl without a bot, just like on a normal server (only more so :eek:)

Angelica

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
He plays on excal so it was kind of..... expectable? :)

To the topic starter:

I wouldn't bother with a chain class without a decent source of money on the server. Level a necro as many said before me, I got 10plats now and already bought a set of 99% chain+sword+shield (I'm an upcoming minstrel too).

Necros are just unbeatable at farming money on your own. A cheap class, you don't even need a sc kit for your necro, just cap dex,int,con and deathsight with rog.

Also having a 50 necro is great for pling your alts ;p
Or just skip the armour as I do and get nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom