new hibernia frontier

T

the_smurflord

Looks very similar to the mid one they posted last week. Still nice though.
Very green

W

wildsorcerer

Originally posted by Tafaya Anathas
Gah, where are the 18 holes?

they will b hidden and ofc workin as intended :)

I

Indiana Jones

so where are the portal keeps? where do we get ported to...

A

amazingsteve

If i remember right, we all port on a central land and have to swim or use boats to get to the different lands.

C

chretien

Originally posted by Indiana Jones
You don't get ported at all. You enter your own frontier and have to cross it to get to the coast, then cross the sea to reach an enemy frontier. There is no porting to move between frontiers anymore.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by chretien
You don't get ported at all. You enter your own frontier and have to cross it to get to the coast, then cross the sea to reach an enemy frontier. There is no porting to move between frontiers anymore.

and that takes alot of time, so the frontiers are a big place now, hence you have one fight every hour?

sucky if you ask me :E

D

darzil

Well, they reckon there will be ways of getting a quick fight. The details haven't been ironed out, and that we'll find out more soon . . .

I

Indiana Jones

i predict lots of borderkeep camping by stealthers, if there are any stealthers left by then, as mythic will continue to nerf them :)

B

bigchief

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
and that takes alot of time, so the frontiers are a big place now, hence you have one fight every hour?

Theyre talking about being able to port between keeps, and zoom around in boats and other shit that people dont give a bollocks about.

Whatever they fking do to frontiers 90% of pvp will take place in one zone, on one area of land, thats flatish and suitable to fg vs fg as it currently is. All this is just a waste of time to make it appear that theyre 'doing' something with frontiers so they can get away with totally fking over the RA system to make he who haseth the best ML/Artifacts wins everytime instead of he who haseth the best RA's like it currently is.

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok

If you actually read the accompanying article on the Herald, they say they are working on a transport system to give people more rapid access to the other realm's areas. I'll reserve judgement until they present their ideas.

O

old.moriath

Originally posted by bigchief
Theyre talking about being able to port between keeps, and zoom around in boats and other shit that people dont give a bollocks about.

Whatever they fking do to frontiers 90% of pvp will take place in one zone, on one area of land, thats flatish and suitable to fg vs fg as it currently is. All this is just a waste of time to make it appear that theyre 'doing' something with frontiers so they can get away with totally fking over the RA system to make he who haseth the best ML/Artifacts wins everytime instead of he who haseth the best RA's like it currently is.

MAn so much negativity

Go drink some egg nog .. go to the pub .. chill out ... then post something constructive..

IMO its good change as will let a lot of ppl use more tactics to overcome their opposition .. oh and looking at it there doesn't appear to be an awful lot of flat featureless land ... so i guess the fg cs playing squads with swords will have to work something else out.

A

allnewdave

I think its looking extremely good.

Points of Note

Thidranki style keeps. (1, 10)
Villages, possibly good places for stealthers (8)
Lots of purple arrows showing you where the cliffs are.
Light and heavy forests.
Real mountains, and not just big green hills.
Dungeon or clifftop area (4)

Looks nice imho. Hopefully the plan is that we can /release to those large keeps. Im quite sure my caffine/beer/pringle intake has risen dramatically since starting this game thanks to the /release/port/buff routine.

BTW i have just seen pics of the new albion frontier, enclosed below.

albionmap_large.jpg

S

Sparda_soul

looks like they did well with that, i like the whole "your not getting in here scumbags" thing with the keeps

:bazbeer:

B

bigchief

Originally posted by old.moriath
oh and looking at it there doesn't appear to be an awful lot of flat featureless land ...

Exactly ... so guess where all the rvr will be :p

T

Tesla Monkor

i predict lots of borderkeep camping by stealthers, if there are any stealthers left by then, as mythic will continue to nerf them :)

Kinda pointless, since every bordercrossing into the frontier is either so wide, or has at least three different exits.. no more bottlenecking there. :)

B

barevoose

The border keeps are where people zone into the frontier from their homeland. These keeps are designed to allow access across a wide area, both outside and inside the relic defense wall. This forces relic raiders to blockade two areas to stop reinforcements during a relic raid.

C

Cloudd_RTD

Oh boohoo, their making the game better. /cry
^^

Users who are viewing this thread