New GOA quests

N

ning

The introduction of new European server only content continues…

For a couple days now, new NPCs have appeared in the realms and today, 3 brand new and original quests will be activated on all servers. For more information about GOA's quests, we encourage you to check the news, which was posted when we introduced the first ones.

In these three new stories (one per realm), we wanted to focus more on the relations between your character and the NPCs. The endings are of course numerous.
Here is some information to get a good start :

Albion

Name of the quest : A strange map
Min. Level : 15
Starting point : Hugh in Cotswold

Midgard :

Name of the quest : Chopped Silver
Min Level : 35

Starting point : Silfkrluv Silfrskerason in Vasudheim

Hibernia :

Name of the quest : Troubling Activities
Min Level : 38
Starting point : Contact the young ranger Ehry in Lough Gur

Finally, some notes about this quests :
The Midgard one is the "simplest" one in its plot, but you may have to travel to enemy lands. The Albion one will be more complex, and good knowledge of the realm will be a plus for sure. On top of that, you will realise that the reaction of various NPCs will change in the future depending on how you finish the quest. The Hibernia one is probably the most complex and rich one. Take your time to finish it ; there are various "hidden" bonuses.

As usual, if you find any bugs, do not hesitate to give our CS tool Rightnow a nice report about it, including your realm, server, character name, name of the quest, the step and the problem.

Enjoy !

Use your brain :)

G

Gadd

why do albs get the shitty low-level ones

first alb goa quest was shite level 12 one and now they've given us a level 15 one

while giving hib a lvl 38 one and mid a lvl 35

GIVF ALBS BETTER GOA QUESTS :wall:

H

Hargh

Cos Alb brains are smaller. Heehee. Seriously tho I wouldn't worry that you'll lose out on an item, the last one gave 0 exp and altho a cute little pet, it doesn't really add to RvR. But it's quality for pet-bating :D

Vasudheim eh? I've not been there for a while.... one of those towns that SI killed. Used to be full of Level1 rogues and mystics. Sveawolf Bone Sword!

F

Flimgoblin

these quests aren't there for the rewards :)

D

Driwen

albion got lower lvl quests, because you can do them on lower lvl ;). Albion quests are apparently more about using your brain than muscles. Where as with midgard its more muscle than brain ?:p

J

.Jos.

Alb Spoiler

Talk to man - get directions
Follow directions
Kill thief
Get sheet of paper, written in French
Return
Get yelled at for having an unreadable bit of paper

L

legot

where is keldan? I can't find him anywhere :(
edit-nevermind i found him

N

ning

Re: Alb Spoiler

Originally posted by Iycee
Talk to man - get directions
Follow directions
Kill thief
Get sheet of paper, written in French
Return
Get yelled at for having an unreadable bit of paper

GOA quest : USE YOUR BRAIN !

"You will have several ways to solve a GOA quest, simple ones, indirect ones and completely obscure ones too. Just clicking on the key words is often a 'simple' way to finish a quest. However, if you want to find hidden bonuses, or to gain some faction toward a certain npc, you'll have to read between the lines. Some npcs will answer to not-underlined key words, others are open to negotiation, and some can be tricked. Apparent keywords are just the things obvious to say to npcs, but in many cases, you will be able to link some background dialogs to others, and find hidden solutions. "
http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1069

PS : There are 2 hidden solutions for the first albion quest.

G

Gadd

Re: Re: Alb Spoiler

Originally posted by ning
GOA quest : USE YOUR BRAIN !
PS : There are 2 hidden solutions for the first albion quest.

yeah i did the one where you buy the powder and the one where u get him the wrong thing and he calls you an idiot. amazing

N

ning

Re: Re: Re: Alb Spoiler

Originally posted by Gadd
yeah i did the one where you buy the powder and the one where u get him the wrong thing and he calls you an idiot. amazing

these solutions are not hidden.
5 solutions to finish/cancel the quest : 3 easy (1 with the powder, 1 to cancel the quest and 1 with a wrong thing) + 2 hidden

Y

Yussef

I know one, check Abridards Retreat, that Inconnu scribe may be the other at Lethanis.

T

The Real Redi

That inconnu scribe just told me about how he's people were here to aid us - i must've talked to him for close on 25 minutes, saying all kinds of things, but he's pretty resolute in what he's willing to tell you...

What happens if you take him the list back, and tell him he didnt have any drool? I was hoping i'd take the powdered stuff back and i'd have a chance to speak with him. He asked if i had it, i gave him the powder, he said great - 51,200xp (23rd fire wiz)

<shrugs> no matter what i said to him, he just couldnt care less.

The other fella i noticed is this mumra the Wise or something n(i know, its not mumra), stood at the bottom of the steps at Camp stn - tells you about how the Saracen race used to watch the sands, mumbles a bit, then you have to encourage him (ie theres no high-lighted word <gasp!> ) and he talks of spirits that can be commanded, or something, but thats it.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Gadd
and the hidden ways are? and the rewards are?

most likely something that might be fun to you, but not useful in rvr :p. So if you wanna find the hidden endings do it because you want to find them ;). Not because you just want the reward :).

N

ning

Originally posted by The Real Redi
That inconnu scribe just told me about how he's people were here to aid us - i must've talked to him for close on 25 minutes, saying all kinds of things, but he's pretty resolute in what he's willing to tell you...

What happens if you take him the list back, and tell him he didnt have any drool? I was hoping i'd take the powdered stuff back and i'd have a chance to speak with him. He asked if i had it, i gave him the powder, he said great - 51,200xp (23rd fire wiz)

<shrugs> no matter what i said to him, he just couldnt care less.

The other fella i noticed is this mumra the Wise or something n(i know, its not mumra), stood at the bottom of the steps at Camp stn - tells you about how the Saracen race used to watch the sands, mumbles a bit, then you have to encourage him (ie theres no high-lighted word <gasp!> ) and he talks of spirits that can be commanded, or something, but thats it.

try the word "copy" with the scribe

Y

Yussef

Salim the Wise, read background text Saracens of Albion, explains his story.

K

Kagato.

So what are you meant to do after talking to the scribe?

He told me its written in Kobald and I need to get a Kobald to translate it lol, and claims theres some in black mountains south, which i've never seen.

rps and quests at same time lol?

Any kobbies wanna translate this map for me? :D

L

legot

Theres one around a fire in the woods. i think its east after you cross the bridge behind ludlow, i could'nt find the trigger word though,maybe pay?

K

Kagato.

Shes the npc from the Defenders epic, already tried her, and the Camelot jester who is Kobald.

goa screwed up?

L

legot

No theres one on the other side of the fire from the epic one..its the same fire though.

A

accollon

has anyone tried finding a fake map from lethantis instead of finding Keldan for the second Albion quest? the scribe won't copy it, and if so, can you give me a clue as to how to get one?

Failing that, what does bloody seweenal want?

<likes these quests>

A

accollon

The kobald you need to talk to about the map, near the defenders epic place.

D

[DK]hakke

he stole my map :) need to find a reason for him to help me...

D

[DK]hakke

bah, was afk when the kobbie had the map and someone killed him, now i have a blodstained map instead of something else :(

A

accollon

I killed the little bugger- as a cleric i regret doing that now, but i got my map, complete with blood, back.

C

Cabo-

right, at the end you get 3 fish, a rune which has 3 lvl 20 charges of value 250 shield.

A

accollon

ok, but in a cryptic way, how does one help a Kobald?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom