Games New games?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Friday night. Find myself on me todd for the first time in f00king ages.

Thought about booking a spa+massage evening at CentreParcs in nottingham on Sunday for me and the missus 'cause I'm going to do an epic (60+ mile) bike ride on Sunday (I'm unfit and about as overweight as I have been for a while so it's gonna hurt).

The cost? A couple of hundred quid plus. Fuck that. :eek:

My thoughts turned to gaming. Dungeon Siege 3 is plastered all over the steam store. Methinks not though. And I cba booting up Battlefield Vietnam at the mo.

Then it hit me. I've lost touch so much that I don't even know where to go for ideas (apart from here).

So. A) What new games are worth a punt and; B) Where do you go for reviews and the likes nowadays?

:)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Youtube is filled with reviews on games, also escapistmagazine.com has game reviews(some odder then others).

If you like RTS, starcraft 2 is probably the best value for cash in a long while.

Won't go amiss with fallout 3: new vegas either.

left 4 dead is ofcourse an "older" one, for that silly FPS itch.

That's just some of my recent and not so recent purchases.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
L4D1+2 were smart. Lots and lots of fun (L4D2 is only £5.10 at the moment - if you've not got it - get it!)

But I think I've done 'em to death really. (Although...)

Played fallout 3 and whilst I enjoyed it the combat was pretty bloody annoying. AI was shite and dull and it felt, well, too consoley :(

I do like a bit of RTS but I'd probably get raped by all the Starcraft 2 fanboi's. But then that never stopped me with SupCom. So that's a maybe :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fable 3 is on steam. Don't know if it's any good but I enjoyed the first one.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
DiRT 3 is great fun - the Gymkhana parts are the most fun I have ever had in a driving game I think.

Um, the jury is still out on DNF, it certainly wasn't worth waiting 12 years or whatever for but it's... y'know... ok.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't do consoles. PC all the way. :)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Fable 3 is on steam. Don't know if it's any good but I enjoyed the first one.

dont even go there.

It's atrocious, and thats coming from someone who enjoyed the others.

They basically dug up Fable 2's corpse. cut out all the good bits, brought it to life, sent it to live with Lily Allen and Katie Price for 12 months, and then unleashed it on the poor unsuspecting population of planet Earth.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Played fallout 3 and whilst I enjoyed it the combat was pretty bloody annoying. AI was shite and dull and it felt, well, too consoley :(

I do like a bit of RTS but I'd probably get raped by all the Starcraft 2 fanboi's. But then that never stopped me with SupCom. So that's a maybe :)

Yeah it is a bit consoley, but the hardcore in new vegas does offer a bit of tactics. Even if the AI is still thick as dirt :p

SC2 is worth it with single player alone and multiplayer ranking works pretty well. Also there's a thread here with lots of SC2 freddies who would(most likely) be willign to have some fun(and taughtful) matches.(i'll try and find it with a little bumpsy)

The real big fanbois of SC2 are so high ranked that you'd need to be good to fight them ;)

There's also the added games, like bewejeled mod, star battle(where you basically control just one ship on a team of 6(or 4 or some such)) etc mods of regular pvp matches.

Ok...rant over...i liked it as one can see :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Anyone tried Frozen Synapse? The reviews look outstanding.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You're unfit, and doing a 60 mile ride?

Good luck with that, I predict you'll hit a wall at 40 miles and give up.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Starcraft 2 all the way imo. Even if you don't bother with the multiplayer the campaign is incredible.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Doing Nottingham > Anglesey in 3 days next month too :)

Started ramping up the mileage at the beginning of April. Took me 5 hours to do Nottingham > Matlock (about 25 miles but hilly as fuck). Camped overnight and came back the next day (after a skinful). I can recommend Matlock for a night out. Small town. Girls need new genetic material and are surprisingly fit!

Did it again two weeks ago. Did there and back in less time than 1 way last time with only a pub-lunch break. :)

Still. Need games. Starcraft 2 is looking favourite at the mo :)

Helme

Resident Freddy
The Witcher 2 is fantastic and highly recommended if you enjoy RPG's.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Terraia is an interesting looking thing. Kinda like minecraft, but more versitile, 2d and old school in style.

A free game that i posted a while back is "super crate box", again, retro game with maniac acton and many arghs!, followed by laughs.

Oh and i don't know much, but something called "the ball" is also out(probably been a while), which is likened to portal by some.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
In no way is Matlock northern. You lager drinking puff :)
It's north of Birmingham, so it's in the North.

There's a special on some indie games pack on Steam this weekend. Might be alright for a knockabout.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
just got dungeon siege 3 not really had a good blast at it yet but i found the other 2 lots of fun

minecraft is just so addictive it should have a warning label on it you start playing it and think hmm what can i do after about an hour of digging as deep as you can you start thinking mebbe i should build something then the creativity starts to flow :D awesome game goes to show graphics are not the be all and end all of gaming.

portal 2 is a must if you havent played it definate contender for pc game of the year

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom