New frontier map up...

E

Edlina

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1263.shtml

That looks sooooo much different :p

Oh, and I thought they said they were going to make "casual" rvr easier to get - just log in and fight - wut the f*ck is this then? This looks really weird seems very odd :eek:

All in all this looks rather stupid imo. Good tactical elements added but a normal rvr killer or smth, o.0 really different!

A

Aule Valar

mm that looks very much like its designed to funnel all players into certain channels so that they get forced to run into each other
adds ho!

bridges could be amusing though

O

old.Jeriraa

Smells like alarmclock raids Relic wise imho... I dont think the servers can handle a force anywhere big enough to get to a relic at primetime.

B

bone_idle

Looks like some 4 year old tried colouring with numbers to me.

I'll have a more detailed look later. :)

A

Arlone

change is always nice... almost. But I'm actually looking forward to this. Hope it won't take 3 months of translating tho (just new maps damnit!) :)

oh, and this is the part i liked most:

You will note that portal keeps no longer exist. Instead, all three realms have frontiers in the same zone, and each frontier area is separated by an ocean.

Shame MGs are still the same 'ol bottleneck (think so anyway?) except they added a new door to it. Would be great to get rid of all those tiredsome campspots and actually have to go search for enemies (plus random adds would be history).

Time will tell...

E

ev0_o

That looks like something my baby nephew draws on a bit of paper to play toy soldiers on.

N

Naveh

Will those Towers have annoying mach6 Guards too? :(

A

Aule Valar

wonder if the new 'relic gates' will have bashable doors, or just opening ones

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by old.Jeriraa
Smells like alarmclock raids Relic wise imho... I dont think the servers can handle a force anywhere big enough to get to a relic at primetime.
new servers certainly can 500 albs 200 mids n 100 hibs on rr on excal server didnt even hiccup oO

E

Elise

looks like thidranki all over again :p

mids on mb!!1

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
new servers certainly can 500 albs 200 mids n 100 hibs on rr on excal server didnt even hiccup oO
Pryd grinds to a hault with 2FG and a cliff beetle in the same area :(

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Originally posted by Maleg_Grumpton
Pryd grinds to a hault with 2FG and a cliff beetle in the same area :(

stupid cliff beetles, always zerging and making the zone crash :(

G

GrivneKelmorian

20 - Relic Rapids. These areas provide river access through the defensive walls that protect each relic keep. The idea is to allow optional water access to the relic keep without requiring that a force fight through the gates (see 21).

Stealth raid anyone?

F

Falcon

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that's two expansions in a row that seem designed purely to make Mastery of Water useful :p ?

O

old.Twonker

Originally posted by Falcon
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that's two expansions in a row that seem designed purely to make Mastery of Water useful :p ?

Probably.
But i guessin thats to bring boats into RvR.

C

casbardh_deroos

Looks like plenty of different ways to get to get around the map, all with Pro's and Con's and all suiting different sizes of forces...

Still it looks like it may prevent Zergs mysteriously turning up at relic keeps, which gives defenders chance to get out to defend.

This is especially crucial since they wont be able to log into an attacked keep any more, having to hot foot it from a fair distance instead.

Operational Manouvere Group anyone?

:)

L

leviathane

send in the alb stealther zergs tbh, looks like a fun map tho :great:

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by old.Twonker
Probably.
But i guessin thats to bring boats into RvR.

Not for hibs imo, boats are made of wood, hibs'll never chop a tree for that :)

A

Aule Valar

the hibs will just have to tie a load of sylvans together then

O

old.Twonker

Originally posted by Aule Valar
the hibs will just have to tie a load of sylvans together then

a plan with no draw backs!

I

ironhand

Originally posted by Arlone

Shame MGs are still the same 'ol bottleneck (think so anyway?) except they added a new door to it. Would be great to get rid of all those tiredsome campspots and actually have to go search for enemies (plus random adds would be history).

The mgs are only around the relics keeps & theres 6 of them for that matter 2 of which are waterways. Although from the looks bridges might as well be mg's - Narrow bottle necked area's cept that theres loads of em and if you dont fancy going through one you can just run round via another route.

I

ironhand

14 - Slush Pond. This area is a marshy, swampy or slushy area that sporadically slows movement. This is to act as a disincentive to movement through the area.

SOS 4tehwin

S

Sparda_soul

with no portal keeps speeders are gunna be in high demand come this expansion.

Also means everyones gunna have to learn there own frontier too, as yer gunna be running though it alot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom