new fronteirs webby + alb map

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
New RvR zones look like a lot of fun :)

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Call me crazy and a tad delusional but ... Umboto Gorge? :D Mythic watches Blackadder? :D

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
By the time u get back from the states sissy fronteirs might be out :p

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Until we see where mobs are going to be placed the maps are a bit meaningless.

The current Alb frontier would be wonderful if Pennines wasnt loaded with aggro if you step more than 2 paces off of safe paths ......

Thats assuming there will be mobs in the redesigned frontiers - the various quest mobs etc at least will have to be placed there to avoid breaking epic quests.

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
I like the idea, but hope we have ship combat. With pults and ballistas.

As for redesigning RAs.......it needs sorting, but will they ever manage to sort it ?

Cheers

Azo

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Looks intresting but will hold judgement till its released and tried out :)

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
I love the idea, but I fear the new frontier zone will be still to big. Most of the current frontier is hardly used, so why not have a smaller one?

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Most of the current frontier is not used due to access. The most active areas in the current frontiers are Emain, Odin's and Hadrian's, and this is down to the ease at which people can get to these (ie, Albs can get to Emain and Odin's easily ect.) Great for quick action, but with the large numbers porting into the zones, Zerg warfare is often the result.

Hopefully this new frontier will even out how easy each area is to reach, spreading RvR encounters out a bit. There will probably still be areas like Emain, which are easier to get to than the other areas and significant numbers will move to these areas, but with a bit of luck (or planning on Mythics part) the ease of getting to those areas will not be hugely easier than other areas. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
Lyrre said:
Anyone else noted there are 2 dungeons in every frontier?

More frontier dungeons would be good. Dodens is excellent place to xp and farm, you just know you've got maximum of an hour before getting ganked :p

Cheers

Azo

Light

Loyal Freddie
one of the reasons emain is so popular is because the only 'real' goal in current rvr is rp's and its evolved so that its where most of the action is.

Hopefully this expansion will give other reasons to rvr rather than just farming rp's and thus spreading out rvr accross the various landscapes .. if they have any sense that is

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Is it just me or do the Frontiers appear to be linked together by that big blue thing? Could it be that their going to host the RvR zones seperatly to the main zones? (which would be nice)

In any case, the new map looks cool - but like speeedy said, i'l reserve my opinion until its actually released (don't forget, SC+RA's seemed like a good idea on paper ;))

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Archeon said:
Is it just me or do the Frontiers appear to be linked together by that big blue thing?

that big blue thing is water, wich u can sail on with boats :)

so no more PK camping :clap: :clap: :clap:

ibes_aka_nyd

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Is it just me or do the Frontiers appear to be linked together by that big blue thing? Could it be that their going to host the RvR zones seperatly to the main zones? (which would be nice)

yes i think it's going 2 b a different zone - every 1 will have 2 port even in ur own frontier. Only problem will b that if porting is same as now (every 10mins) when RR on, u will get reinforcement every 10mins even so u r in ur own realm as such? that will need checking i think, but wat would b nice is that ur port as soon as u walk on the the portal then u quickly get in ur frontier but take u longer to get in others realm frontier coz of boat cruise ;)

all in all, look pretty good

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Heh. The 'new' frontier is in fact LARGER than the old one.

They added two zones full of water to connect the various frontiers. ;)

As for porting, I don't think there'll be any porting anymore. No more 'waves' every 10min. I suppose you'll zone into the frontier now and then select which keep to teleport to. :)

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
look at albs frontier, look at where the borderkeeps are, now try get albs new frontier to fit with alb as it is atm, i cant :p

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
idiot question

How exactly does this replace the existing frontier areas? i understand this will be a whole new zone you have to port to (but using the existing zone names), does that mean the current zones would no longer be accessible? As surely, that would mean everyone would need to download the "optional" expansion in order to complete epic quests etc.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Due to the population on Excalibur I expect that the main RvR zone will be in Albion. Hibs still have to make a long journey then. :)

Anyways, give details on ships. My bucklers are up for some swashing.

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
This looks good tbh
Only one thing that puzzles me. Most of the hills have a one way system that then leads to a blocked part. How do you get out then? Or is it just blocked for entering the hill from that part?

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
that big blue thing is water, wich u can sail on with boats :)

Water you say... How rare, all the water i've ever come across has been green :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom