New fotms ? =D

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
After toa arrives group setup is going to change a bit - as far as i can guess it will be mixed setup with bodygarding tanks and DD casters dealing out damage. Would be interesting to hear opinions on future alb, hib and mid fotms =D

Exarkun

Fledgling Freddie
1 bard
2 animist
3 animist
4 animist
5 animist
6 animist
7 druid
8 druid

healer classes will be able to place power/heal wards. this means every x seconds all characters in x radius will get healed for massive amounts. They will never go out of power = endless heals, shrooms.

When ToA comes out rvr will be fucked up, only thing you will see is that group setup camping every milegate with 200+ shrooms. everyone passing by is 1shotted. Meanwhile this group is hiding in the room protected by another 100 shrooms, heal wards....

ToA will destroy DaoC

I've seen setups like this when my m8 was playing on US, just nothing you can do about it.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
well 200 shrooms oneshot people, so they only get like 1 rp per person?
to my knowledge animist pets dont only leech xp, they also leech rp. and loads of it.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Healing/power fields were promptly nerfed and no longer stacks.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
fnkz g0d new frontiers will remove milegates... but i bet it will exist similar "campspots" .... :m00:

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
I'm making a h/o merc like sissyfoo said

main reason is i don't have a tank class atm and want one but also may as well wait for ToA to try something different...

What will be funny is if all the fotm mercs a few months ago reroll half ogre oO

---

Sorcs are fotm in albion atm far too many of them as are theurgists to a lesser extent

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
why would hibs wanna change their current pbaoe setup? seems to me that setup gets even better with toa.

as for alb, HO merc prolly gonna be fotm, but it should wear off after a while, as I cant rly see how an alb tank grp would be able to win vs hib pboe, seeing how the mercs cant kill anything HO or not.

mids.. will prolly see a bit more pbaoe grps

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
half-ogre polearmers. thankyou mythic for fucking over highlanders.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Hercules-DF said:
Wizards considered DD casters anymore? or will we become the new thanes! :(
they been thanes for a looong time ;)

vintervargen

Banned
bard
druid
druid
hero
bm
bm
animist
animist

tanks uses grapple on enemy tanks while animist spam dd/pb shrooms near them :D

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
old.Sko said:
http://www.rstrike.com/daoc/movie/Pickup Group-1.wmv
Example of toa frontloading =D
notice bofed cleric at 3-08 - killed by hero and bm joining later on as if bof was not up.
(though lavis is most well outfitted bm on server)

That would be a great example if it wasn't cause of the fact that he has full qui buff, haste buff and is probably using 20+% toa haste aswell. The fact that his assist train consist of 3 people with pre-nerf battler doesn't hurt either, nor does the fact that US ppl just don't seem to get "guard". ;)

Just watching the vid you can see him swinging that battler at about 3s which means he is pretty close to maxed out swing speed for a slow 2hander (for hibs atleast, mids get lower with cel). Frontloading means you try to swing as slow as possible to get a little more damage on the first instant hit, ie the opposite of what the guys in that vid are doing. :cheers:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
half-ogre polearmers. thankyou mythic for fucking over highlanders.

Wont make much difference - smart people will still know its the player that makes it happen..not whether he's h-o, highlander or (dare I say it) a briton :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Wont make much difference - smart people will still know its the player that makes it happen..not whether he's h-o, highlander or (dare I say it) a briton :p

Smart people, playing daoc?

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
well 200 shrooms oneshot people, so they only get like 1 rp per person?
to my knowledge animist pets dont only leech xp, they also leech rp. and loads of it.

pets max leech 25% of the xp (there i also that count for rps if it does)!!
so lets say u get 1k rps per kill (i know u dont but make the calculation easier) divided by 8 = 125 rps to u b4 pet leech
25% of 125 = 93,75 pr kill to u after pet leech (dunno if the formel round up or down)!!
so fare from 1 :)

remember this calculation only count if pet leech rps, as i dont know b4 u begin to flame me for making it!!

Chilly

Balls of steel
pets DO leech RPs, well, sorc pets do, up to 50% i believe, and thats if they do all the lg work, many a time iv gotten 470 RP and then seen my faithful chicken legging it back to be after mauling some poor luri brehon :)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Lejemorder said:
pets max leech 25% of the xp (there i also that count for rps if it does)!!
so lets say u get 1k rps per kill (i know u dont but make the calculation easier) divided by 8 = 125 rps to u b4 pet leech
25% of 125 = 93,75 pr kill to u after pet leech (dunno if the formel round up or down)!!
so fare from 1 :)

remember this calculation only count if pet leech rps, as i dont know b4 u begin to flame me for making it!!

afaik thats per 1 pet, if you got 200 pets you aint gonna get much rp ;)
thats how i understand it at least.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Animist shrooms take 50% of your xp AND rp if they do all the damage, that's overall not per shroom.

Danita

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
I think bards will be fotm, cus they will get MoC and thats totally out of hands according to some :x

liloe

It's my birthday today!
will MoC really be so good for bards?? I'm not planning to get it atm cause activating MoC just to get one mezz off seems a bit too much points for one thing. Maybe good to mezz a whole zerg, but then again the zerg will have tons of unmezzers aswell.

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
SethNaket said:
That would be a great example if it wasn't cause of the fact that he has full qui buff, haste buff and is probably using 20+% toa haste aswell. The fact that his assist train consist of 3 people with pre-nerf battler doesn't hurt either, nor does the fact that US ppl just don't seem to get "guard". ;)

Just watching the vid you can see him swinging that battler at about 3s which means he is pretty close to maxed out swing speed for a slow 2hander (for hibs atleast, mids get lower with cel). Frontloading means you try to swing as slow as possible to get a little more damage on the first instant hit, ie the opposite of what the guys in that vid are doing. :cheers:
This hero had battler < level 5 =D
I meant lavis hitting with 4.1 spd weapons equipped at cap speed for ~500 damage round on target under effect of bof =D

Lethul

FH is my second home
old.Sko said:
This hero had battler < level 5 =D
I meant lavis hitting with 4.1 spd weapons equipped at cap speed for ~500 damage round on target under effect of bof =D

!= frontload

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom