new forum game type...

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Was thinking about this myself and been asked by someone, so :

is there any interest in a more complicated , cooperative game ?

would be similar to the one i ran a while ago, that was a Call of Cthulhu rehash

its slightly scaleable, depending on what people want to do . can do anything from a basic rehash of something, down to actually trying to do a proper "pnp" mini campaign, right do to having character sheets and so on if people really want to

so is anyone interested, and if so , how "hardcore" would people want it to be ?

would be ideally about 3-5 people

if people want to use a specific "PnP" setting i am open to suggestions, i have most of the books etc so its certainly doable, ranging from sword&sorcery stuff up to sci-fi

so let me know :)

if theres enough interest i will prob run it post-christmas cos ill need time to get the stuff sorted out / together and so on

Mabs

got a setting preference ? :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Any will do, fantasy, scifi, supernatural, mix of all, werewolves with lasers :D

Back on the 26th from santavac, after that it's normal sailing.

itcheh

Part of the furniture
I'm up for that - hard core - any setting as long as the story is quality :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Aye. Why not. Anything for me.

Can we have a picture of a D20 in the first post of the new thread please. I may do a sex wee.

Mabs

need people to message me what sort of role they want, so i can get started on bits and pieces , (not closing sign-up, just want an initial overview)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I'm interested because my contract finishes in about a week and I'll be out of work for a while....not sure I fully understnad what a PnP is though!

itcheh

Part of the furniture
Pen and paper (PnP) role-playing games e.g. old school Dungeons and Dragons before computers came along :)

Mabs - can you provide a simple framework for roles e.g. "pick two classes from the following list" etc.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Interesting, though never done it before. Might just watch for now.

Mabs

Pen and paper (PnP) role-playing games e.g. old school Dungeons and Dragons before computers came along :)

Mabs - can you provide a simple framework for roles e.g. "pick two classes from the following list" etc.

if were doing it properly, you need, basically, something tanky, something DPSy, something Healy, and something Roguey

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Im in, although im in Lapland from Saturday till next wednesday, and Chrimbo will be mental I suppose, but I have my phone and forum access all the time mostly!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
if were doing it properly, you need, basically, something tanky, something DPSy, something Healy, and something Roguey

Which ofcourse is just the easiest way to handle things, while 4 barbarians can play effectively too with great humor and success ;)

Mabs

Which ofcourse is just the easiest way to handle things, while 4 barbarians can play effectively too with great humor and success ;)

oh yea completely, Rogue is most important usually though

Mabs

Interesting, though never done it before. Might just watch for now.

youre welcome to play as a (+1) so u can drop out if u want without impacting too much etc:)

Mabs

so choices are ! :

DnD 3 / 3.5ed
DnD 4th ed
Call of Cthulhu
Dark Heresy
Pathfinder

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm quite biased since i'm playing pathfinder rather regularly, but call of cthulhu is the more interesting one. Especially with the whole paranoia/fear/panic aspect i remember it having.

Mabs

for those what dont know
DnD and pathfinder are sword + sorcery type things
call of cthulhu is 1880->1930 stylised psyschological, demonic, etc. shotguns and tweed basically
dark heresy is the warhammer 40k one

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh yeah, will you be handling die rolls(if any)? Would seem like the fairest way to do it and eliminate any desires to cheat ;)

Mabs

i can do it for people, or i can do the pre-roll system
which is :
everyone rolls/generates 20 or so dice rolls, and lets me have them, then i use them in order they are needed :)

Poag

m00?
I'm only aware of DnD 4ed myself. But Cthulhu sounds fairly interesting!

Mabs

the one i did before was a cthulhu adventure with the dice rolling taken out, the house with the "thing" in the cellar

Mabs

good find that man :)

Mabs

toht
itcheh
poag
scouse
calean
raven
cerb

It will be a bit slower, and possibly easier with 7, but can roll with that and see what happens :)

Poag

m00?
As an idea. When an encounter comes along, you roll initiative. We produce a dozen attack rolls, and half a dozen damage rolls.

At the start of the encounter we have to declare any dailys we'd like to use, after you've described what we are up against, encounters can be assumed to be used up, along with at wills.

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
sounds great im in if still places only really played 3ed DnD but should be fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom