4) "the three Realms have each found a portal to the fabled land of Atlantis"

HELLOOOO

RVR REALMMMMM

HELLLOOOOOO

etc

this mindlessly objectionable post was brought to you by Wildfire

L

loxleyhood

An entire RvR realm would be fantastic. Would give a real drive to RvR (not rp farming) if you could only gain 'master levels' if your realm is in control of a certain area.

But god, can you imagine the battles in an entire RvR realm? I think it might just be what I dreamed of when I first heard of DAoC

D

dimerian

this is totally out of line...but Jiggs,wtf is "Hypnotoad" :m00:

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by dimerian

It's a thing on Futurama that hypnotises people and is a toad. :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

RvR realm...where the zerg rules. Oh...goody.

O

old.Wildfire

you can zerg emain.
you can zerg odins.
you cant zerg an entire realm.

R

ReaLX

Trials of Atlantis is designed to further challenge high-level players by introducing a Master Level advancement system. As a player moves sequentially through each of the nine Trials, they will achieve a corresponding Master Level. Emphasising group play, the Trials will have to be surmounted by groups of players journeying through the portal together. Players will be able to travel by boat, explore islands with ruins, swim to submerged dungeons and battle new creatures in underwater caves. Additionally, the expansion will add one new player race per Realm, dozens of new monsters to encounter, as well as new objects and treasures to uncover.

RvR meets PvE ??

Now it’s up to the populations of Hibernia, Midgard and Albion to take on the nine Trials and uncover the mysterious powers amongst the ruins. To suceed, players must master the perilous ocean and confront terrifying monsters, both on land and undersea.

Sounds interesting.

Trial of Atlantis will also offer a skinable user interface with more options for customization.

Finally!

K

Kagato.

:bore:

Not impressed.

They have enough bugs to fix as it is without adding more untested shit.

D

Draylor

Emphasising group play, the Trials will have to be surmounted by groups of players journeying through the portal together.
Would be nice to think this means SINGLE group.

The endless PvE fights where bringing 60 people means unable to hit the mob but bringing 80 means certain success is utterly pathetic - but it shows little signs of changing.

The pre-SI hype talked of improved mob AI - it exists, but its very basic. The AI in the Sidi epic dungeon is as simple as kill adds first, follow the script. More mindless zerging.

If these "Trials" (referred to elsewhere as Master Levels) are done properly - as in not relying purely on numbers for success, not unbalancing RvR further between those who have completed them and those who havent, but still manage to provide some benefit to those who do complete them - then itll be a welcome addition.

For now its just too far in the future to bother about.

K

K0nah

flogging a dead horse.. milking a... milky thing..

who cares? we'll all be playing WoW by then, well i know i will be ;)

K

kirennia

tbh I hope a couple of these 'challenges' would only be able to be done by single people. Obviously grp ones/zerg ones but single player ones to work through as well, non-lvl biased to let everyone have a dib in on the action. Personally I think the whole idea sounds great, can't wait for another expansion pack with new goodies. The RvR content is already being addressed in another free add-on before this, if this incorperates RvR too then this could b a nice re-birth for the game. If I aint playing by time this comes out, I'll probably re-subscribe jsut to play it tbh :p Why move game if you are happy where you are ;)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by dimerian

Why ask jiggs? it's my sig, you tart :p
Futurama = vaguely simpsons-like cartoon set in the year 3000. At a pet show, one of the pets competeing is the hypnotoad. It was more of a visual joke tbh, but hey :p

Wildfire: yes, that's what I said/hoped several times already :p

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
"the three Realms have each found a portal to the fabled land of Atlantis"

Only reason I don't consider that a definite statement is that with the first SI press release they said "the three Realms have each found a portal to the lost isles of their past"....

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
you can zerg emain.
you can zerg odins.
you cant zerg an entire realm.

The force of zergabion understimate u shouldn't, my young jedi...... ;)

O

old.LandShark

Quite true. You can't zerg an entire realm? Like hell we can't... just imagine 4fg of mids roaming. OK, plenty of the realm won't be zerged but when you meet them with your 1fg you're going to die, release and mutter "ffs zerged" to yourself, aren't you...

O

old.Wildfire

Great, they'll roam for a while, but when they have an entire realm to cover, how long do you think they'll stick together before they decide "k, cant find anyone, im off...". As it stands zergs only stick together because in emain you can always find a steady trickle of people coming from A/MPK. When that trickle stops (early hours of the morning) everyone goes to bed.

O

old.LandShark

True that.
On the other hand, if the master level trials for all three realms are in the same place, prepare to zerg or be zerged :eek:

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Well to be honest I don't see the difference between this new realm and the PvP server. The zerging will continue until most people decide that it isn't worth the hassle to go to the new realm, get zerged and then release.

Of course, I am sure that Mythic probably has already anticipated the zerglings so there will probably be some way to avoid it and explore the new realm in safety.

O

old.Wildfire

The difference between the new realm and the pvp server is that people dont have 3fg+ guild groups to run around in. Unless you're RG/NP/VGN of course, in which case little will change.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Well that is kinda my point. To begin with the zerg will rule over the new realm. LA/RG/VGN will run off with 3fgs or more and then Albion will have to counter with a zerg or two of its own just to be able to stand a chance of exploring and it will continue that way until most people give up and wait till the zerglets get bored of not finding anyone to kill. I have no doubt that it will eventually become relatively safe but it will probably take a while.

Another possibility is that the three realms all have their safe zones where they can do the trials and whatnot and when they finally complete the final trial they will enter the RvR zone where they can run around and gank the rest of the master zerglets.

A
\
M ---->Atlantis 'teh zerg realm'
/
H

Mebbe...just mebbe.

O

old.LandShark

Man, you been a naughty boy, you let your face grow l0ng

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Riiiiiight...

What the hell are you talking about? :eek7:

D

dakeyras

Well, if Mythic plan a december release for the x-mas rush in the US then they have around 7 patches left to balance this game... before that balance is totally shagged again by 'Master Levels'

If the new abilities gained by the new levels differ between realms then we are in for a new round of 'Yours is bigger than mine...waaaaah'

Will be interested in just what these new abilities will be.

As for the downloadable RvR expansion. This is described as 'optional'????

Maybe for a pve server but how the hell can it be optional for normal servers? Who in their right mind would want to go Emain/Odins if there are new areas?

G

greenfingers

players to lvl 60 !!!! or atleast 55!!!

I need more skill in Earth for my theurg so I can get 8sec PBT ! :D

and give me a boat !!! I WANNA BE ADMIRAL !

L

loxleyhood

Zerging an entire a realm..... a task Albion shall attempt with gusto! :D

B

bracken_woodman

Well I'm looking forward to it - housing + new expansions = plenty to look forward to. And of course there will be bugs, which over time will be ironed out. UO took 2 years before it really became the game it was meant to be when released. Haven't played EQ, but I suspect it was a similar pattern. I for one think this game is developing nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom