New Emain!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Matteh said:
and GOA patch translations

cluelessness :drink:

wich takes about a week to do. and is done WAY before they acually start to get the real patches.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
I hear a kill on the island won't be worth any rp...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Gazon said:
I hear a kill on the island won't be worth any rp...

nothing official to suggest that - and it'd be a bit daft if it's meant to be a "place to go RvR if you don't have much time" or whatever.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Matteh said:
and GOA patch translations

cluelessness :drink:

Translations are quickly done as long as the game is designed to be translated. Just look at WoW patched the same week in english (US servers), german and french.
Mythic waits a month to send the patch files to GOA + game not designed to be translated = long waiting.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Basically its gonna be like gothwaite on pvp, instant action.

ofc no real killing classes 10 lvl's lower as everyone will be lvl 48+ plus you cant flame them but not alot of difference.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
DocWolfe said:
I'm saying things needed to be added to the keep system as it stands, to make it more fun rather than resorting to this... for mythic its an easy way out.
gank grps get what they want,
people who like tower humping get what they want
whats the problem?

if it gets too zergy dont go there, there will always be like minded people who wont be there.
As for soloing they will prolly stay in NF nr bled :p

Dorimor1

Banned
Hmmm I'm a bit sceptical about this, not sure whether it will make RvR more enjoyable or vise versa. As Chronictank said it would make a lot of people happy, I don't know whether you peeps did but I really missed those 3fg vs 3fg battles outside of amg.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
so with nf they removed mile gates and the zergs. now they have reintroduced with a small island so mile gates can be zerged again :cheers:

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
Hmmm I'm a bit sceptical about this, not sure whether it will make RvR more enjoyable or vise versa. As Chronictank said it would make a lot of people happy, I don't know whether you peeps did but I really missed those 3fg vs 3fg battles outside of amg.

Warlock (Active)

more to add on :)

Dorimor1

Banned
Dallas, I havn't taken my Warlock into RvR yet, so your comment isn't true and you don't know my Warlock so you can't judge me <sigh>

On topic, I remember when someone said this: 'Because of the massive player feedback, we have decided to implement the Old Frontier zone Emain Macha in the middle of the North Sea, and removed all Mobs from it. Enjoy!'

Not far off eh?

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Dorimor1 said:
Dallas, I havn't taken my Warlock into RvR yet, so your comment isn't true and you don't know my Warlock so you can't judge me <sigh>
?

all warlocks are the same :|

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
ruins the whole point of RvR imo, no ones gonna bother to take keeps anymore, not that they bother at the moment anyway.

Wrong, and lets see stuff in a logical order.

The problems in daoc started with the basic concept of RvR. Why it is problematic? Back in OF there were 2 kinds of people: One who are in a strong guild, and had a chance in rvr, and when they got the essential RAs, and bonus skills for realm rank, they had a good chance to fight even in "random" groups with known people. Others without contacts and "essential" RAs essentially wiped out at each attempt, for them, the "end game" of DAoC was slow, boring and frustrating. Two classes of people.

And since the AMG, MMG area in emain was controlled mostly by high rr people, they had to fight agsinst odds to get the essential RAs, yet the high rr people got more victories, more RP, and soon, it looked like a hopeless fight. The community for daoc stopped to grow. With guild grp for experienced players only, PL and other new ideas it became even more hopeless, and Mythic had no chance to successfully market the game.

The core of problems were simple: The balance between PVE earned and PVP earned abilities were broken. Spellcrafting, ROG system, and many many other elements in the game were added to reduce the importance of RAs and high realm ranks. Even epic dungeons like SIDI were here to offer an alternative.

For people who came before SI it was a new problem, but had only a few uber characters, so most of them had time to update them to SI standards, yet some people left because of it, but the game became a bit more tempting for new players, even if they had no chance in OF, they had a chance to enjoy epic raids: A new type of endgame. And Foundations came.

As you can see, it is strong support for PVE endgame, crafters, and other things, and now, there is something after level 50, that isn't the one sided rvr. The only problem, the old elite became more and more elitist. TOA was a logical step in the same direction: Expanded the PVE endgame, and provided new chances for new players. (Most players who came just before TOA, or after TOA like it) But it came at a price: many many people with more than 1-2 level 50s decided they simply don't want to TOA all their characters. With the rush to get many characters equiped and MLed, the usual elitism ended up in greed and this became a problem. Yet, many many people were uber and elite lost their status quickly, many many people became almost equal.

Yet in MG fights they still faced difficult odds, so NF was born. Many say how bad it is, and how unpopular it is, but they complain about the zerg. How we have a zerg if we have bigger area, a lot of peope avoid the most zergy places, if there were no constant zerg at MGs? Easy. There is more people in NF, yes in the low RR zerg who enjoy it. But whine about TOA and NF, conflicts, dissing low rrs and don't helping them, farming them (ruining their fun) elitism, etc. still a problem.

Catacombs tried to help new people with xp groups, new ways to xp, lower level raid places and it made an important difference. Clustering made the zerg stronger and also made easier for the opted group to find enemies elsewhere, it has several advantages. RvR missions point in the same direction. Classic servers help to separate the incompatibile elements (both PVP and Cooperative servers had similar goals) and finally the new island has similar advantages.

I think people won't want to lose keeps for insta RvR, so most people will be more motivated to get keeps and towers back, and play RvR for such rewards, and won't get farmed by the high RR groups, who can have their usual roaming fun everywhere. The zerg will stay in NF, the opted fgs will roam on the island. At least probably it is the plan, and it can work.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>I hear a kill on the island won't be worth any rp...

that would be a good thing.

otherwise it will just turn into an elite playfield where the elite throw rp towards eachother in their fg ego trips and in the process even increasing the hap between the casual and the hardcore players.

i wouldn`t mind instances rvr for fg vs fg if ... it was in an arena and no rp could be gained from it... just to show who is best and for the sport of it. :p

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
acually its lazy Mythic for not sending the patches fast enough. so heres to cluelessness :drink:

It isn't about sending the patch, but waiting till hotfixes are done (yes, they want to send GOA the fixed version), then do modifications needed because of GOA specific stuff (different billing system, different support system, different server architecture, goa specific content) do some alpha testing and send the patch. After this GOA can start translation, testing, modifying their own tools, etc. and prepare for patching. It is a long process. And there are many other possible reasons for delays.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Behmoth said:
so with nf they removed mile gates and the zergs. now they have reintroduced with a small island so mile gates can be zerged again :cheers:
then dont go there, Its NOT the same by any stretch of the imagination, choke points can easily be avoided which was not true of OF

Muylaetrix said:
>>I hear a kill on the island won't be worth any rp...

that would be a good thing.

otherwise it will just turn into an elite playfield where the elite throw rp towards eachother in their fg ego trips and in the process even increasing the hap between the casual and the hardcore players.

i wouldn`t mind instances rvr for fg vs fg if ... it was in an arena and no rp could be gained from it... just to show who is best and for the sport of it. :p
oposed to xx random's throwing rps to them where the grp doesnt even have to break a sweat farming you.
So that comment is bs, its alot harder to farm other opted grps than it is to farm a random grp/zerg. Aswell as the fact if you have had a good fight most your ra's will be down and you will most likely be killed by the next grp you meet if they are any good.

Farming a zerg is easy, killing opted grps is a hell of alot harder

Its stupid to implement no rp in the zone, it means up and coming grps are penalised for not being here pre-NF

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
this is going to be GAY

sounds like farming sessions to me. :puke:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
You got choice between being in NF or on "The Island", it just gives a truly neutral buffer zone between the 3 realms which I think is very welcome
Great place for full group hunting :)

And no rps is just bs, basically making a zone almost none will play pfffft lol

Calo

Part of the furniture
no rp's would be really great.

Finally we can see if the leet guilds actually DO LIKE FG VS FG or just like rp...

I think for some ppl Rp > fun.

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
sounds like a good idea, will make the game more enjoyable for a month or two. what people need to realise tho is that the game isnt and will never be how it was 2 years ago.

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Umm, i do fg vs fg. I do it for fun. Then again i wouldn't run in no-rp zone simply because it's also fun to improve your character and get a reward from good fight. Instance fg vs fg would be uberly boring because you'd pretty much always know where you'd meet the enemy or both would be roaming for 30mins trying to look for eachother. No surprises.

It's so easy to talk bullshit and make assumptions isn't it? How about if they changed rp-gain if one battlearea held more than 30 people? I mean hey, you play for fun too right? right?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Calo said:
no rp's would be really great.

Finally we can see if the leet guilds actually DO LIKE FG VS FG or just like rp...

I think for some ppl Rp > fun.
Thats just stupid as i said above, the higher rr people will stay higher rr regardless, they already have RP reductions for killing lower rr grps.
The lower rr's who WANT TO DO FG RVR will have no choice but to join a zerg in NF, which is about as much fun as watching paint dry

Shan said:
It's so easy to talk bullshit and make assumptions isn't it? How about if they changed rp-gain if one battlearea held more than 30 people? I mean hey, you play for fun too right? right?
/sign
no rps for people in zergs if theres is no rp on the island :clap:

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
the chance that they would disable rp's in the new zone are close too -200% imo.
does it say anything about no rp's in the post? does any other zone have disabled rp's? kjukju

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Id rather they gave us a zone only tanks/hybrids can enter and no pure caster/pet classes tbh

Caster power ruined daoc since ToA

Bring back tanks <And the new Det patch wont do shit, sure u can get 80% mezz reduction but what good is that when u cant still get nuked for 2500 hp in under 5 seconds anyway>

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Id rather they gave us a zone only tanks/hybrids can enter and no pure caster/pet classes tbh

Caster power ruined daoc since ToA

Bring back tanks <And the new Det patch wont do shit, sure u can get 80% mezz reduction but what good is that when u cant still get nuked for 2500 hp in under 5 seconds anyway>

yea poor tanks with cc immunity_banelord_charge :(

my heart almost bleeds for em :Đ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom