New DVD burner, problem already.

R

Rubber Bullets

Hi,

I have finally got round to installing the Pioneer 106 burner that I mentioned in an earlier thread.

Everything went very smoothly, and XP seems to see the thing OK and also DVDit Pro sees it as well.

The problem is that Nero doesn't see it at all.

I have version 5.5.10.15 which I'm sure is new enough, but no joy.

When I click Recorder>choose recorder it finds my Plextor CD-RW and something called Image Recorder, but nothing else.

I have flashed the DVD to its newest firmware, and have rebooted but still nothing.

I tried the autodetect drive option, but the problem is that for the life of me I can't find the original Nero CD :p

Any other ideas welcome

Thanks

s

L

lovedaddy

if both windows and another piece of software managed to read the drive, then I'd definetly be pointing the finger at Nero.

5.5.10.42 was the last in the 5.5 releases (or so I believe). I'd try and grab that from the webpage (PM me if you have bother, I've still got the installer here). The 106 is very new, it might just be unsupported in that release.

K

kameleon

the pioneer 106 is only supported by nero 5.5.24 and above

just download the latest version of 5.5 and you'll be fine

if you want to convert movies onto dvd you'll also need nero vision express and the mpeg to dvd plugin

R

Rubber Bullets

Ahh cheers guys.

The wierd thing is that I've been playing and the elements of the Nero Toolkit all see the drive fine and can tell me everything about it, I just get the main proggy to see it :)

I'll get a newer version and try that

Thanks again

s

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom