New drivers

S

sonicyouth

Are all drivers opposed to new drivers learning to drive or what? Have some fucking patience, you're only driving home for lunch or something you twats.

P

[PS]Mung

Yeah I agree, having been driving for 12 years now, I still have time for the learner driver.

Lets remember folks, we all started as learners, give them room and give them time.

Now old people driving is a different matter entirely. After 60 you should have to take a driving test every 2 years IMO.

E

ECA

Originally posted by [PS]Mung
Yeah I agree, having been driving for 12 years now, I still have time for the learner driver.

Lets remember folks, we all started as learners, give them room and give them time.

Now old people driving is a different matter entirely. After 60 you should have to take a driving test every 2 weeks IMO.

P

[PS]Mung

Yeah, what was the point in that?
Did you forget to put something on it ECA?

J

Jonny_Darko

Originally posted by [PS]Mung
Yeah, what was the point in that?
Did you forget to put something on it ECA?

Look closer...

J

Jonny_Darko

I've travelled about a lot and lived in lots of different places but never have I known drivers as bad as those in Bracknell.

The road layout, which looks like it was designed by a gibbon with a spirograph, doesn't help though tbh.

E

ECA

Originally posted by Jonny_Darko
I've travelled about a lot and lived in lots of different places but never have I known drivers as bad as those in Bracknell.

The road layout, which looks like it was designed by a gibbon with a spirograph, doesn't help though tbh.

Dont go driving in italy, india, or brisbane then :D

France is quite shit as well.

S

]SK[

I have time for learners, not for experianced drivers.

Y

Yoni

Some experienced drivers are awful - at least with most learners you know that they have someone next to them with a handy break peddle to use in an emergency :p

S

S-Gray

i dont mind Learners... i just keep my distance specially when their doing hill starts at Lights :p.

yeah.. experience drivers are fuckers.. always thinking they own the road and gettin up peoples arses...

S

sonicyouth

Originally posted by S-Gray
i dont mind Learners... i just keep my distance specially when their doing hill starts at Lights :p

aye, I fucked one up today and some idiot behind me went mental with his horn and overtook me just as I was starting to move so I ended up stalling again. Annoyed me a bit, suffice to say :>

C

Cdr

hehe

And now you have 50 years more of behaviour like that to deal with.

Aint driving brilliant?

S

sonicyouth

hopefully I won't be fucking up at traffic lights for 50 years

C

Cdr

Na, but the attitudes to other drivers, regardless of whether you are doing wrong is the same.

W

Will

Originally posted by sonicyouth
aye, I fucked one up today and some idiot behind me went mental with his horn and overtook me just as I was starting to move so I ended up stalling again. Annoyed me a bit, suffice to say :>
This is why God gave you a middle finger.;)

T

throdgrain

I confess i have little paitence with dithering drivers, learning or not .
Sorry :(

S

sonicyouth

Originally posted by Will
This is why God gave you a middle finger.;)

I doubt my instructor would have been impressed. When I've had a few lessons, I'll get out the fucking car and smack him one.

Originally posted by throdgrain
I confess i have little paitence with dithering drivers, learning or not .
Sorry :(

Losing respect for you here throd, buddy :/

L

leggy

Bikers mentality.

Not neccesarily a bad thing, but when you are used to weaving in and out of traffic I can imagine your tolerance for drivers is lowered slightly.

S

S-Gray

id love to always piss people off who get up your arse...

just slow down to say 25mph (in 30 zone) and then they'll get into a rage wanting to overtake... but upon them trying to do so just speed up a bit so they dont know whether you're coming or going ;)

T

throdgrain

I said I was sorry :(

Unfortunately Leggy has hit it right on the head, people dithering about is very dangerous for me .
I passed my bike test when i was 17, but didnt take my car test till I was 24, so i was pretty confident by then. I genuinely think it would be a good idea to have off-road circuits for very new drivers, to biuld thier confidence beofre taking to the roads as it were :)

K

*Kornholio*

Originally posted by leggy
Bikers mentality.

Not neccesarily a bad thing, but when you are used to weaving in and out of traffic I can imagine your tolerance for drivers is lowered slightly.

Spot on leggy, I've been driving for 12 years, but only recently done my direct access bike course & license... it's amazing how quickly you can loose respect for car drivers that just generally don't fucking look when they turn / change lanes etc... and they're generally the more 'experienced' drivers.

As for the original post, screwing up a hill start when you're just learning how to drive - everyone does. The guy should've given you enough room, I know I do when I see a learner doing a hill start ;)

S

sonicyouth

Originally posted by throdgrain
I genuinely think it would be a good idea to have off-road circuits for very new drivers, to biuld thier confidence beofre taking to the roads as it were :)

I believe there are places that do this, I almost did one in Oxford but changed my mind because it was bloody expensive. I found it better going straight out on the road anyway, it's good to get used to other drivers etc, even if they're impatient fuckers at times :)

O

old.ignus

Originally posted by S-Gray
id love to always piss people off who get up your arse...

just slow down to say 25mph (in 30 zone) and then they'll get into a rage wanting to overtake... but upon them trying to do so just speed up a bit so they dont know whether you're coming or going ;)

Or even better than that as I discovered the other day, get a bit of speed up and then give your windscreen a really good wash, the spray should go over you and onto the car behind, they soon back off and you know if you've suceeded if they use their wipers. Of for the smokers throw (don't drop) a cigarette out of the window with a bit of speed up and you might get it in their window and burn them bwhhahaha!!!

K

*Kornholio*

Sounds like a good plan if you're after a bit of road rage :)

O

old.ignus

Originally posted by *Kornholio*
Sounds like a good plan if you're after a bit of road rage :)

Ok just make sure you're bigger than them or carry something in the car for emergencies.

K

*Kornholio*

I saw something similar happen in Southend a week ago - concluded with tyre irons & smashed windscreens...

D

Dr_Weasel

A mate of mine at Uni (who was a bit of a loon tbh) used to carry a balaclava in his car. If anyone pissed him off he used to don the balaclava and charge at them with his crook lock. His reasoning was, would you mess with anyone wearing a balaclava running at you with a crook lock?

He had a point I suppose...

I saw a funny story once about a learner driver, dunno if it was true but makes me laugh anyway;

A learner driver kept stalling at a set of traffic lights and by the time he got it going again the lights were red. After the 4th time this happened, the guy in the car behind got out and started towards the learners car.

The police car behind this guy, which he hadnt spotted switched on his loud hailer thingy and said "Would the gentleman out of his car remember that we were all leaners once and return to his car."

The dude sulked back to his car and the next time the lights went green the learner stalled again and the policeman who hald forgotten to turn off his loud hailer said "For fucks sake, the twats only gone and stalled again!" :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom