New Drivers Kyro & Radeon

F

FuZor

Xav
If there is one thing i've learned... Arguing with Bodhi is a waste of time!!! lol :)

Anyway how did you know I have an Athlon/Via set up????

S

ShockingAlberto

If you're a Q3 player, then who cares if they heavility optimised the drivers for it? Q3 Is the best FPS game out atm, in terms of gameplay, and mods, so they're satsifying alot of their customers by working heavily on it.

B

bodhi

Originally posted by Xavier

that's funny, when we interviewed them at Comdex they told us it was known to be in the driver and was deliberate.

I guess you have better contacts than we do...

/me erases ATI's chief architect from phonebook

Hmmm that's funny, ATi's official PR said it was a bug. So they're sending out conflicting messages now are they? Man ATi are the devil aren't they! I suppose he also told you how ATi were outsourcing all their production to the Phillipines then employing child labour aswell.

F

FuZor

Originally posted by ShockingAlberto
If you're a Q3 player, then who cares if they heavility optimised the drivers for it? Q3 Is the best FPS game out atm, in terms of gameplay, and mods, so they're satsifying alot of their customers by working heavily on it.

Well I personally would like a card that runs a wide variety of things nicely. :)
Rather then just one title!!!

X

Xavier

Originally posted by Quicksolv
Xav
If there is one thing i've learned... Arguing with Bodhi is a waste of time!!! lol :)

Anyway how did you know I have an Athlon/Via set up????

eyes in the back of my head? heck I've got eyes in the back of YOUR head ;) far better for building up incriminating evidence... by the way that girl was WAY under 16 and u knew it :p

hmm, as to Bodhi it's just funny listening to him try and argue "I'm a little ATI fanboy" "ATI are holy, they can do no wrong" etc etc...

don't get me wrong, I don't dislike them, I just love pointing out the calm facts to anyone with such a massive bias...

Personally I'm an intel user, I understand Bodhi is too, so I'll be swapping the 2.2Ghz Northwood for an athlon xp 2000+ tonight along with my Ti500, I'll probably grab a kappa jacket and put a baseball cap on backwards... there we go, instant bodhification ;)

lol

or not!

B

bodhi

*sigh*

try to point out a fact or two and you get called a fanboy. Quite strange as I'm not actually an ATi fanboy. I'm a 3dfx fanboy. Unfortunately 3dfx went under, so I was looking for a new graphics solution (altho SLI still resides in my computer - for emotional/Unreal T/Toast cooking reasons). My TNT2u was a buggy mange infested bag of shit (why oh why didn't I pick up a Voodoo 3). My old Rage Fury went back in and the problems stopped. So when it came to upgrade last year, I bought a Radeon 64Meg DDR. And if I were to upgrade tomorrow, it would be either an 8500 or an 8500DV.

I just have the funniest feeling that if the Quake/Quack incident were to happen to nVIDIA, the response would have been far different. Goodness knows the hardware review sites would never want to annoy the great god nVIDIA would they?

Users who are viewing this thread