New dragon quests: next problem

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
I did the starting quests for the dragon one in 1.87. Now in the new patch i mananged the first 4 (medical supplies, the first of many, dragonslayer mentor and rescue operation) then . . . the big nothing. As i read here and there on the net, i should get the next step from Nailen in Jordheim, but nothing happens . . . . What am i missing ?

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
I did the starting quests for the dragon one in 1.87. Now in the new patch i mananged the first 4 (medical supplies, the first of many, dragonslayer mentor and rescue operation) then . . . the big nothing. As i read here and there on the net, i should get the next step from Nailen in Jordheim, but nothing happens . . . . What am i missing ?

I think you (we all) missing the patch 1.89... which thanks to GoA skills translating texts will take them 7 whole months. Some guy from daoc american vers. told some friend of mine they just got the "A dragons Revenge" campaing... Silly thing is, by the time daoc is dead we will get that expansion.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Is US, each of the quests came out every couple of weeks (storyline etc), as far as I know, this will be duplicated for the EU side...just keep an eye on the GOA homepage for info.

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Is US, each of the quests came out every couple of weeks (storyline etc), as far as I know, this will be duplicated for the EU side...just keep an eye on the GOA homepage for info.

I certainly hope so, because the 4 quests that were added now were merely a teaser.

Jens

Fledgling Freddie
I talked to Roaken yesterday. He told me theres gonna come new dragon quests every 2-3 weeks

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
as a matter of interest, being a casual player with several lvl 50's all being used for rvr etc. I dont have the play time to be able to do these quests on more than 1 or 2 chars. Now if i havent done any of them on a particular char, will i be able to obtain all these wonderful new items which you get after completing the whole thing?

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
I believe you are still able to start the quests to obtain the items but you won't be able to do the starting quests anymore. (which gave a very nice looking dragon pet as reward)

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
if you havnt done the quests they are all open to you including the starting ones, have done this on a few of my us chars

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Dragon Quests

if you havnt done the quests they are all open to you including the starting ones, have done this on a few of my us chars

Have done : The First of Many, Dragonslayer Mentor, Medical Supplies and Rescuing the Dreng. I cant see what's next. Speaking to Lalen in Jord sends you to NF to kill Dragon Minions - but I killed alot - Journal doesnt change.

So stuck, presumably until GoA actually lets us know whats going on...

Jens

Fledgling Freddie
atm there are no more new dragon quests than those 4 Merc. I spoke to Roaken the other day, and he told me thers gonna come new quests every 2-3 weeks. So theres nothing else to do than be patient i guess :(

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Dragonslayer

New weapons and armour (in the long run) a new Title and some different trophies. All being well and given patch 1.89. Allakhazam lists them every so often, tho I haven't seen a picture yet.

:england:
MM

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
oh, i thought the new dragon items where drops :( dang...

shanison

Fledgling Freddie
Have done : The First of Many, Dragonslayer Mentor, Medical Supplies and Rescuing the Dreng. I cant see what's next. Speaking to Lalen in Jord sends you to NF to kill Dragon Minions - but I killed alot - Journal doesnt change.

So stuck, presumably until GoA actually lets us know whats going on...

I just completed the Dark Rituals (lvl48) quest (kill a Dragon Minion - in fact I killed them all as they looked ugly :) Found them East of Glen). Once you have killed one, just go back to Lailen to finish the task. 162 mill xp for Realm outpost ownership, 2781 CL xp, 5 mill xp and 301 gold - on lvl 50 Warrior.

Can't find anywhere for any more quests though, so guess we'll have to wait on GOA :(

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
The problem seems to be the misunderstanding of how the quests work as if you have the time there are more than the minimum you need that you can do and they do give LOTS of xp/clxp/cash but if you miss them then you're a bit buggered and lose out on the loot/xp/pet but NOT the minimum required steps to carry on the campaign. After doing a fair bit of reading on VN boards i think i have worked it out now lol

To show what i mean in the 1.87 patch (chapter 1 of the Dragon Campaign) there were ALL the followign quests available to do:

Word to the Wise
Dark Rituals
Seek the Dragon Slayer
Speaking of Dragonslaying
Rending the Earth
Drakoran Investigation
Draconic Colaboration
Dark Materials
Searching the Nests
Meet me outside
Hatchling (this is the one that gave the mini Gjalpinulva uber pet iirc)

All those above gave a LOT of xp/clxp/cash and most involved a visit to gjalpi's lair in malmo so were worth doing for some quick cl xp and i personally did all of them on 6 of my chars then waited for the 1.88 patch which included Chapter 2a of the Dragon Campaign.

When patch 1.88 hit us the campaign was updated to include 4 new quests (Chapter 2a) as follows:

The First of Many
The Dragonslayer Mentor
Medical Supplies
Rescue Operation (gained AFTER 1 of the above from same npc btw)

I did those 4 with the same chars I had done the first 11 quests with np and then went back to some of my other chars to start the 11 quests from the beginning but wasnt able to. The only 1 from the original 11 left available as of now is Dark Rituals and the other 10 have now been REMOVED.

So then to summarise as of right now (patch 1.88 on 3rd August) we are at the stage of Chapter 2a of the Dragon Campaign and the only quests that you can do are:

Chapter 1:
Dark Rituals

Chapter 2a:
The First of Many
The Dragonslayer Mentor
Medical Supplies
Rescue Operation

As someone above said after talking to Roaken it seems all we can do now is wait for GOA to patch in Chapter 2b and carry on questing.

I'm 99% sure all the above is accurate as i've spent a fair bit of time reading and looking around for the npc's etc but if anyone has any more info then plz update this thread :)

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Great summary Blue! It confirms what i have found and was thinking. So, we'll have to wait a bit i suppose.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
GoA

Had a promotional email from GoA telling me to go and do the new quests. I assume it referred to these little ones, which are all we have for now.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
So then to summarise as of right now (patch 1.88 on 3rd August) we are at the stage of Chapter 2a of the Dragon Campaign and the only quests that you can do are:

Chapter 1:
Dark Rituals

Chapter 2a:
The First of Many
The Dragonslayer Mentor
Medical Supplies
Rescue Operation

Word of the Wise (lvl 1) quest is being offered by Garu (viking in tented area), healer in mularn and that kobbie Stellan in main JH building.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Word of the Wise (lvl 1) quest is being offered by Garu (viking in tented area), healer in mularn and that kobbie Stellan in main JH building.

Thats kinda the Pre-req quest which tells you to speak to the start npc Lailen. You don't actually need to speak to him first (and dont get any xp) as you can just go to Lailen in Jord anyway to start the quests. Worth doing i guess to remove the yellow quest circle hehe

kivik

Part of the furniture
Didn't see this earlier, thanks alot Blue :) repped!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
The rewards for chapter 2a are a little bit pathetic compared to some of the others before the patch. :(

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
The rewards for chapter 2a are a little bit pathetic compared to some of the others before the patch. :(

Totally agree - the rewards for those 11 quests that were removed were actually some of the best i've seen and on par or better than the clxp/cash from the Laby quests. Oh and the Mini Gjalpi pet rocks (it spits and farts at ppl lol)

I presume that is the incentive to do the quests "on time" for the MUCH better rewards rather than waiting a while and doing the minimum required. At least this way tho you cater for everyone - the ppl who want the quests over quickly and out of the way and also for the ppl who want the rewards and enjoy them :)

BTW I have made a sticky post now which contains the quests as this Dragon Campaign seems to me to be somethign everyone will want to do at some point as the rewards are truly awesome towards the end (Medal of Honour, Cloak of Might/Magic, Armour, Weapons etc).

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
Errr i seem to not have done the before patch quests with skipta in huginfell, so now i cant do them? Theyre reset to lvl 99 in my journal...

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Errr i seem to not have done the before patch quests with skipta in huginfell, so now i cant do them? Theyre reset to lvl 99 in my journal...

From what i can tell if you picked those 11 quest up and then didnt do them you now CANNOT do them. If you don't have them you also can't pick them up. You can however do the single remaining quest from Chapter 1 and the 4 from Chapter 2a as detailed in my sticky post.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
FYI, the quests you have at the end of the campaign can be done in under 6 hours start to finish, if you bind in Svarhamn and use a guild house portal stone for the major parts, and personal recall until you get freindly faction, it doesnt take long at all. The only bits that you need to group for are the last 3, killing the 4 named mini dragons, Yar and the 3 main dragons.

Each quest part is soloable, and should take no longer than 30 mins, so everyone has got plenty of time to complete them, and the rewards (including the 90 util neckie) are worth the effort.

Remember you dont have to do all the quests for the neckie and cloak, just thos parts. The weapon and armour you will have to complete a lot, including the last tough quests.

However, if when time comes you have the sense, youll be dragon raiding contantly, at present my server do them as soon as they pop, so getting the top dragons done aint so hard. just join the BG after the even, r-click, job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom