New DAOC users read this- some positive news for you

C

cappen

Hi all

been reading the forums since last night and following the current mess thats going on, i registered just three weeks ago and am now gutted i cant play for a few days.

Ive seen quite a lot of posts from poor peeps who have just bought the game and are disgusted/mortiified about the fact they cant play, cant get any info and are reading tons of negative stuff on the forums.

Everything ive read and seen about the customer service, lack of info etc etc i couldnt agree more with, its a shocking, amateur way to run a service BUT i just wanted to say the following.

BEFORE the events of the last few days i had a great 3 weeks playing with no problems at all, my jaw dropped at some of the in game visuals and locations, i was totally sold by the atmosphere and the sheer scope of the game and choices of character style.

Every character i have met in the game has been helpfull, patient :) friendly and great fun to play with. Ive joined a cool guild and been buffed and resurected by friendly passers by who just saw my pathetic dead body lying in the grass.......

Ive slain tons of great beasties, ive got my character to 22nd level, i giggled like a kid first time i saw camelot, I nearly shit my pants when a ghost loomed out of trees at me when soloing at night and ive run across salisbury plains screaming like a girl with a 20 foot giant and 2 huge basilisk come chickens in hot pursuit.

(yes, yes, ended up facedown in the grass that time too)

So dont despair too much, it seems like major meltdowns like this have only happened a few times and once they sort their act out and get it all running in the next few days youve got a real gem of a game with a thriving friendly community waiting for you

Im not an employee :) i just wanted to put out a newbs perspective.

(a frustrated newb admittedly, arggggghhhhhh !!!!!!! wheres my effin bleedin password you useless fekkin ba*ta*s!!!!)

J

Javai

He's right :)

Basically these meltdowns have happened 2 or 3 times (not including patchdays when you kinda expect it) in the 18 months i've been playing. And simple fact is if it wasn't a great game we wouldn't actually care that we couldn't play it :)

G

geysor

The problem is that we players do care, but GOA don't.

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by Javai
He's right :)

Basically these meltdowns have happened 2 or 3 times (not including patchdays when you kinda expect it) in the 18 months i've been playing. And simple fact is if it wasn't a great game we wouldn't actually care that we couldn't play it :)

the game sucks, it's called addiction.

W

Wai

Originally posted by old.m0000

lol

Game rulez tbh not seen many meltdowns in the time i've been palying... anywhere from 15 months to over that no idea yet

but tbh i guess once u get over th effects which are mediocre if u keep on playing the game u're not gonna stop for a LOOONG time as it does become a addiction
(even my fiance got addicted to the game now after bad mouthing it for like 13 months)

C

Coim-

I only remember 2 other such events happening since I started playing. :D

J

jaapi

Originally posted by old.m0000
So you're addicted to games you don't like?
Stupidity comes in various forms it seems.

A

-ag-bometal

Aye,

don't let the whines get to you...

This is such a wonderfull game which i play since day one...

Every firm has problems from time to time and compared to other MMORPGS, GOA is actually doing not so bad...

Some ppl just start bitching because they don't get their daily shot of DAOC... If it is such a bad game, how come you get addicted then :p

N

ning

Originally posted by Coim-
I only remember 2 other such events happening since I started playing. :D

and GOA give free days anyway :)

C

cleeve

To add to the Daoc wub thread.

Compared to some of the other MMO's that I have played, this game is so much more stable. Believe it or not customer service by goa is actually better than in one of the other games I played.

The game works, is stable, has a good mature server population, lots of ppl who will help you with advice on spec - and explain why certain spec's work better for certain jobs.

If you want to Tradeskill you can, if you want to just pve you can and if you want to just pvp you can (eventually) .

There are few games that allow you to choose which bits of the game you wish to do and not to do so completely as this.

The way Rvr was implemented is particularly clever as it allows 'carebear' and pvp gaming to co-exist on the same server fairly easily.

C

O

old.job

Oh Repent, how jaded you have become!!

Do you not remember getting a fright when a mob jumps you in your early days, I certainly did, and still do occasionally.

And being chased by a grp of purp mobs right on your tail will never lose it's fun.

E

Elenah Lopez

Finally a thread that is word BUMPING !!

Indeed, it's a GREAT game, and those that whine on the boards, well, that's all they do mostly anyway, you won't see the happy customers at BarrysWorld Forums posting much, no sir, they're too busy enjoying themselves and they know how and when to relax ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Re: New DAOC users read this- some positive news for you

Originally posted by Repent Reloaded
you shit ur pants from a gfx on DAoC ? omg, how old r u, 7 ?
got a buzz from being chased by giants ? u rly 7 or do u just smoke alot of dope ?

in time honoured tradition...

twat :great:

I remember the first time I saw a salisbury giant - they were scary!

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.job

And being chased by a grp of purp mobs right on your tail will never lose it's fun.

I remember guild hunts in dartmoor - RAs just came out so we used SoS to run out through the tiny valley filled with oracles and stonelords - had about 40 granite giants chasing our little group all the way into cornwall, that was fun :)

N

Nivellen

Yea this is pretty much the first biggest meltdown ever, and I registered for DAoC a year ago. Maybe like 2 months ago they also had a subscription pages problem but that took like 2-3 days.

I love the game, but I'm very sad because I haven't received a daily shot of it now for a loooong time - though I just ordered Shrouded Isles and am waiting for it to come in; which will be sometime next week, so it should match up with the subscription pages going back up! Yay to that!
Boohoo to GOA.

H

Harhr

The game is made by Mythic, don't forget that. The servers are held up by GOA(afaik). It's a great game indeed, but its GOA that screwed up here. Just don't try to protect GOA by saying that the game is ubercool etc..

Big + to Mythic for the game.
Big - to GOA for the service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom