New Cycle Cameras = £120 fine

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Didnt read the article but werent these fines already in place? Except that they were useless since 2 people in the past year have actually been fined.

Don't really blame cyclists from jumping red lights when it's clear to be fair.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Don't really blame cyclists from jumping red lights when it's clear to be fair.

I know what you're saying, but the lights are red for a reason. A red light means stop. Which means its generally understood to be unsafe to proceed. But it safe for a cyclist yes ?

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
There was some mention from Ken Livingstone iirc regarding trying to put numberplate's on bikes in London so they could be traced when doing such things, can't see it happening though.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I know what you're saying, but the lights are red for a reason. A red light means stop. Which means its generally understood to be unsafe to proceed. But it safe for a cyclist yes ?

But you see, when a person is surrounded by 2 tons of metal, and other safety equipment, he's more likely to get hurt if there's a crash due to running a red light.

A cyclist on the other hand, is quite safe on his polycarbon shlong-extension.

It's basic science really :D

Vladamir

FH is my second home
This is fine, but IMO, they should fine cyclists for going through red lights. Why should they be allowed to go through red lights ? They use the road like the motorists, and should have the same duty of care / responsibilities as other road users.

"I'm a cyclist and I'm not responsible for anything". Fuck off.

Because if a cyclist hits something the worst that'll happen is a few bruises.

Not quite the same if a car going over 30 mph hits something now is it.

Nate

FH is my second home

What if a cyclist goes through a red light, gets hit by a car going 30mph? There's going to be more then a few bruises.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah the red light really isn't to protect others from your super pimped BMX, but to protect you from the shwooming metal wall that's about to hit that particular part of road.

Chronictank

FH is my second home

cyclist hitting a pedestrian at 30mph is no less painful/dangerous than being hit by a car tbh
At least on a car they are designed to take the impact in such a way to cause minimal damage to you, a cycle is by no means and less dangerous

but more to the point as said above your not going to come off better than the car that hits you

crispy

Can't get enough of FH

Actually in alot of countries, when the traffic is thin the lights blink yellow which means 'drive if you can', so its pretty narrowminded just to think 'red light, don't go'. You dont take a green light for safe either you know?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I take green light as a "You may pass", but with care. But when there's a red light on my face, i tend to think "Hmm, not worth the two seconds." :D

Like i said on another thread, i don't even jaywalk. Not even in the middle of the night with noone around.

Hmm, excellent scene into a Scary Movie or something:

Guy jumps up and down, looks back over his shoulder, the maniac with the axe is running towards him:

"Come on...comeoncomeoncomeon!"

Maniac comes closer, guy gets more and more anxious.

"Oh for f*cks sake come on!!"

The maniac swings his axe, the light turns green and the guy starts running just in time.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Actually in alot of countries, when the traffic is thin the lights blink yellow which means 'drive if you can', so its pretty narrowminded just to think 'red light, don't go'. You dont take a green light for safe either you know?

Its not narrow minded at all, its the law and its there for a reason. If everyone started jumping reds because they weren't narrowminded or listened to the man then there would be alot more accidents

cyclist hitting a pedestrian at 30mph is no less painful/dangerous than being hit by a car tbh
At least on a car they are designed to take the impact in such a way to cause minimal damage to you, a cycle is by no means and less dangerous

i dont know any cyclists that can go 30mph

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
god i love herold and kumar <3333333333 keep posting clips from it chronic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom