New Console

F

FatBusinessman

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere before, but I cannae be arsed to look for the thread...

E

Embattle

That touched on the subject but was more about the shitB...sorry the Xbox :p

S

Sar

No, you were right first time :)

Shitbox is the only one of the major 3 consoles I don't currently own, and for a very good reason - lack of games (barring Halo & Splinter Cell).

Oh and the fact that it's larger than most bedsits in London is also another factor. :)

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by Sar
lack of games
I got pissed off with the lack of games on any platform, so I got all 3. Now I can't say i've got that problem anymore :)

K

*Kornholio*

Sar, you say xbox has a lack of games yet you're a gaycube fanboy... xbox has quite a few more reasonable games (and better features) than GC does, which is why it's outselling the GC.

S

sheepsteak

They both have good games tbh. By the way don't waste your time on DOA Xtreme Volleyball, it's seems like more of a girl's game when you're buying hair clips and fucking nail polish rather than the male fap-a-thon it's made out to be.

S

Scooba Da Bass

But nail polish and hair clips are groovy accesories!

E

Embattle

Originally posted by sheepsteak
They both have good games tbh. By the way don't waste your time on DOA Xtreme Volleyball, it's seems like more of a girl's game when you're buying hair clips and fucking nail polish rather than the male fap-a-thon it's made out to be.

You have to be sad to buy it in the first place......it's just digital tits for little boys :p

H

hyper-man

GC

Gamecube is the best of the three major consoles cos' it is so anyone with xbox is a LOSER! YES LOSER I SAY!!!!

K

*Kornholio*

Re: GC

Originally posted by hyper-man
Gamecube is the best of the three major consoles cos' it is so anyone with xbox is a LOSER! YES LOSER I SAY!!!!

Well structured argument... :rolleyes:

M

MYstIC G

GameCube is the best designed piece of hardware, however without DVD ability it isn't the best. So shut up tart :p

K

Kippa.

well by that, I guess you must own every xbox in existance :rolleyes:

C

.cage

however without DVD ability it isn't the best

so its not the best console because it doesnt do something totally unrelated to consoles....
The games are the only really important factor.

(Don't confuse me for a fanboy, I own gc and ps2, and from what i've seen - quite a bit actually, my standalone kills ps2/xbox dvd playback.)

oh, and SNES cunts all the current consoles by miles.

M

MYstIC G

Not exactly cage, the current generation of consoles have realistically been judged (due to its introduction in the PS2) on DVD ability as well as all the traditional criteria. If the GC took DVDs it'd bollock the PS2/X-Box even harder than it does on sheer fabulous design.

Oh and don't get me wrong, standalone whoops the shit out of PS2 & X-Box DVD ability (especially as the X-Box involves the purchase of there fucking gay remote control), however part of my PS2 purchase was "hey, this way I don't have to get 2 boxs" and its not that piss poor on a portable TV :/

I do like SNES, but MD owned me with sonic & the speedy SFII with 6 button sleek pad :/

:/

tbh :/

C

.cage

MD SF2? are you on smack?

I loved the MD, but i think Creative made the sound setup... "Hadoken!" sounds like a cat being strangled furiously on the MD. Snes SF2 Turbo with an arcade stick, mother fuckers.

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by .cage
MD SF2? are you on smack?
On smack? I'll give you a bloody smack more like. Feel the speed on the MD, feel like grandpa on the SNES.

W

Wij

Or just import the Saturn versions like any sane person.

P

projectarnold

Originally posted by Wij
Or just import the Saturn versions like any sane person.

I presume you are talking about SF collection. Why import it, it got a PAL release?

P

projectarnold

Originally posted by Wij
I imported it before the PAL release :p

I meant why would anyone import one now tbh tbh. You got any idea how the saturn version compares to the PS one?. I'm guessing it's probably a bit better but it also costs twice as much :mad:

W

Wij

You could play SF on a PS pad ??? :D

Saturn pad all the way fella.

PS versions of 2D games usually suck but I doubt that SF2 would tax the PS1 that much.

S

Sar

Originally posted by *Kornholio*
Sar, you say xbox has a lack of games yet you're a gaycube fanboy... xbox has quite a few more reasonable games (and better features) than GC does, which is why it's outselling the GC.

Only in the EU, in the other territories (afaik) it's outselling the shitbox by quite a margin, especially since just before Xmas thanks to some big releases.

XBox has 2 exclusive games that I want to play, the aforementioned SC and Halo - other than that the other large games are available on all formats (Timesplitters 2, Tiger Woods 2003, Fifa 2003 etc), and those 2 games will be multi-format before June. The GC however has Super Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball (1&2), Metroid Prime, Zelda: Wind Waker, Animal Crossing etc.

Nintendo consoles for me (since the SNes, which I'm trying to rebuy atm - worst decision ever selling it) have always been about quality over quantity.

PS2 beats them both on all fronts though - I have 9 games for my PS2 after only 3 weeks :)

Oh and the PS2's DVD playback isn't bad at all, certainly a lot better than I had heard.

C

.cage

XBox has 2 exclusive games that I want to play, the aforementioned SC and Halo

SC and halo aren't exclusive. They'll be on the PC (and in splinter cells case, ps2 and gamecube) within the next few months.

Microsoft don't seem to have their usual business sense with the xbox, instead of getting their own exclusives and mascot titles setup, they chase after whatever Sony had 12 months ago, or allow their potential "killer app" titles such as SC especially, drift to other formats.

Newbie-console :|

C

.cage

Originally posted by MYstIC G
On smack? I'll give you a bloody smack more like. Feel the speed on the MD, feel like grandpa on the SNES.

erm, sf2 turbo is equally fast, and was out way before special champ edition, just it has proper sound and graphics closer to the arcade version. Having been an SF fan since 2 had hit the arcades, the snes version was only slightly sickening in comparison to the arcade version. The MD ver was horrific :|

C

.cage

TRIPLE POST LAMOID

further: Sf2 perfection - MAME32, dreamcast (or similar) arcade stick - usb

kthx kthx kthx

Users who are viewing this thread