New Cleric Abilities

E

Eggy

Wtih 1.57 comes a lot of cleric loving, thought I'd give my opinions...

After a bit of initial confusion as to the value of spread heals, I tried and tested them in RVR. After a lot of statistical analysis, I can confirm that spread heals = r0x0r. For those who don't know, a spread heal will only attempt to heal those people in the group that are not on full health. Therefore if some people are taking the hits in your group, and others are on full hp, spread heal is the way to go, as the people getting hit will be able to gain back much more hp than if a standard group heal was used. This, I have found, is also particularly useful when healing an infiltrator, climbing into an enemy keep, as instead of casting 2 or 3 group heals, 1 single spread heal will usually top him right up. Especially mixed with MoC (which, sadly I do not have), this is an incredible tool. Power-wise, the spread heals use more power than their equivalent group-heal, but the focus of healing power is well worth the extra.

Battery of Life (RA) - As soon as the patch came out, I went and respecced to include this in my list of active RAs. The idea is, an invisible "battery" of stored instaheals is created, and group members are automatically healed when they are damaged, thus sustaining the group for a short time while you are free to cast other spells. This sounds wonderful, and does work, but has a few disadvantages imo. The amount of hp the battery stores is not huge, and I find it quickly runs out, especially in the frantic situations in which it needs to be used. Also, the fact that the battery will not heal the caster seems an annoyance, but I guess this is to get around the possibility of giving clerics yet another self insta. I'm yet to find out what happens if two clerics in the same group have cast this spell, not sure if one battery takes priority over the other until it is run out.

Finally, all resses (and this doesn't just apply to clerics) have been decreased in cast time to just 4 seconds. We still don't get RPs for ressing somone, but hopefully this will be implemented in the next few patches. The fact that after using a full res, the target's res sick will last for 2:30min instead of the normal 5mins - bonus.

In general, the cleric is now what it really should be, a decent healing class, and has the capability to keep a group alive for a great deal longer than 1.54. Power usage at high rejuv spec is still an issue, and I'm considering MCL2 more than before, but the extra tools we are given (single insta, group insta, bunker of faith, battery of life) help with the torment :)

BTW: my spec is 41rejuv, 35enhance, 3smite.

E

Exinferis

these changes is great :D

If there only were more clerics with that high rejuv =/

B

bob007

am 39r 37e 4s

Am still yet to test either, I would be intrested in that BoL thing as well, If 2 cast will it heal other, be intresting to find out 1 day.

Till then my friars is much fun, and exploring avolon isles is keeping me busy. But if you wanna test that BoL gimme a shout, Char names at end of post, Bob's round emain or cs :p

E

Eggy

Played a lot more tonight, BoL is a decent RA, very useful for saving a few lives, but the hp pool on it seems very limited. I'll still keep it though, I'm sure it will always be a useful lifesaver :)

41rejuv aint that high really, and this spec is perfect imo - i beg you all to respec your buffbots :)

O

old.Prof

Tip for Eggy and other clerics high in rejuv (ie all good support clerics ;) :

scrap BoL and get Raging Power - that way yer power problems are fixed :p

Heared mana reservoir of BoL is little over 1000 hp, which isn't worth it's 10 points IMHO. Think the points are better spend on RAs like MoC and Raging Power.

Spread Heal is v good though, will prolly drop my rejuv spec from 46 (as I will use group heals a lot less) to 45/43/41 (dunno yet). High on power cost, but with the RAs I have and mana potions you should rarely run out of power.

H

Herbal Remedy

BoL is sooooooooooo gay its not true biggest waste of 10 ras ever ;/

1070 hps on a 30 min timer for ten points far to expensive for far to little return

much better off get mastery of concentration or raging power or even more mastery of healing/wild healing or avoidance of magic

to summerise BoL suck huge ammounts of cock so annoyed i wasted a respec for that shit :(

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
BoL is sooooooooooo gay its not true biggest waste of 10 ras ever ;/

1070 hps on a 30 min timer for ten points far to expensive for far to little return
to summerise BoL suck huge ammounts of cock so annoyed i wasted a respec for that shit :(

So just to clarify, you wouldn't recommend it then? :D

E

Eggy

Just did a few more tests, and yes, 1070hp is what seems to recur. Hmm. Yes, it would seem MoC would be a better option, although that will be 14 points + an extra 6 for acuity 3 = 20 points :-(

O

old.Prof

Well frankly I already knew from USA boards BoL wasn't exactly "hot stuff" ...

And at a 30 min timer it's idd a rip-off.

Both Raging Power and MoC are VERY expensive - but at the least they have a big effect when used.

I

i-r-e-n-a

Maybe try to compare clerics to druids and healers? Do they have the new heals? Yes. Do they get the new RA? Yes. Do druids and healers have instants? Yes. Is cleric's Rejuv line excatly the same as druids' and healers' healing lines? Yes. Do druids have pets? Yes. Do clerics have pets? No. Do healers have baseline stun/mez? Yes. Do clerics have mez baseline? No. Yeah but clerics CAN defend themselves with the baseline smite can't they? Yes, it hits for 50(-150) on hibs/mids normally it is great for lighting up emain.

Being able to mez one tank is way better than being able to heal 1000 hp and say omg I love rejuv. Healers have baseline mez, fast casting time and range 1500 and it lasts a lot longer than what clerics' baseline stun can do. Druids could pet you and you would never cast 1 spell off in the entire battle, not even when you have 50+ 20 rejuv, you simple cant cast.

S

Sisifos

Irena is right clerics need something more than just heal and buffl like druids and healers. You are still gimped, I hope mythic realize it and add u something new at base line (maybe a better smite - with more stun duration or smthing) cause you are one of the basic classes at the game.

About the whole balance issue... If we suppose (as all players suppose) Hibernia is the magic realm, Midgard is the strength realm and we are smthing in the middle.
Alltho Hibs has cool tanks and midgard has cool magicians. We are screwed at everything cause our chars are "supposed" to be in the middle - some magic and some mellee. We might just be the only "right" realm, so mythic might think nerfing midgard's casters and hibernia's fighters instead of giving us more power.

O

old.Ramas

As regards spread heal, personally I think it's overpowered.

Overpowered in the sense that you can play viably (not brilliantly, but viably) in RvR just by spamming the button (in PvE the mobs are too smart for this and they'll be on your ass in no time). Espeicially if you get good Serenity/MCL/Raging Power.

The correct solution to healing imho is improvements in the power and time efficiency of *single* target heals.

Group and spread heals have been balanced only in terms of power and time efficiency, Mythic seem to have ignored the real benefit of both for RvR - not needing LoS.

As for 'other stuff' the cleric needs I actually think the 1.60 changes should cover most of the bases.

Cleric Changes

- Increased the range on the baseline stun to 1350, and decreased the cast time on the spec single target DD to 3 seconds.

- Added 2 new line of buffs in the Enhancement spec track.

1) These spells are 10 minute group cast buffs, which for the duration give the chance to proc a healing effect when hit.

29 Strength From Adversity
38 Test of Faith
49 Trial By Fire

2) These spells are 15 minute self buffs which raise melee damage output.

17 Refiner's Strength
28 Purifying Strength
39 Mercybringer

These bring the smite dps back up to 75%ish of a cloth nuker (not counting pure caster crits, quickcast, range, power-pool, power-regen-rate, acuity bonus, etc etc etc).

And they will hopefully mean a cleric with even secondary enhance spec can solo yellow undead in less than an hour per mob once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom