new clan servers 0wn!

M

Moön

Yeh but they used to be far better than jolt and every time our jolt clan server went down I'd ping bw to check it wasnt my conneciton knowing bw was always up and I'd get the same nice 20 ping each time, that brought questions like why havnt we got a bw server but I gues now thats in the past .

The new ones just aint "0wnz0rin" m8 not like they used to

I'm sure you'l get it sorted tho :)

A

Afx

The servers dont ping as well for me as the ones at level 3 used to(from blueyonder cable),Hopefully its something thatll be worked on in time..But bare in mind that theyve only just moved hosts and im sure things will improve bit by bit cos BW wont want to lose their position as the best gsp as they are regarded by many(imo :p) atm.(and less face it pingtimes even fairly small differences are always gonna play a part on this in many ppls minds)
Also despite the fact that these servers are pinging a little worse than they used to theyre still infinitely preferable to the jolt lag boxes :p....I was on one of them just now and despite the fact i ping about 20-25 to them in dos and about the same on gamespy i still ping about 70-80 on them during the game when theyre half full/full and everything feels really sluggish,Ive never had that with barrysworld..What i ping on an empty bw server is what i ping on a full one +-5/10ms :p

V

vuz

aye, i'm the same as Afx, however bad BW get I can always rely that A&I's purchase of a BW clan server is a better choice for us than a Jolt toaster :eek:.

Afx: I don't know if the BY problem has been sorted, with their routers to BW - if it hasn't complain to BY and BY will eventually get it sorted :D

A

Afx

You just get the standard "its not on our network" thus we dont give a shit response vuz :| So its still 13 hops to bw for me(compared with 7 to jolt)..Dunno if thats down to bw and by not having direct peering ( /network newb so prolly talking shit ;p)....Id hate to think that BY dont give a shit about their connection to other uk gsp's now theyve launched theire own games service ;)

M

Moön

Yeh all this might be good but you still must face the truth some non uk players cant play on bw server's at all and even the lucky ones get a ping of 400-500 .

I'm not saying these toasters are better in the long run but lately thier prime alternative when players are unable to get a response from bw, I'm sure bw has far better support and the server's themselfs are probably better quality but the toasters are still more playable for these people so does that not mean anything ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom