New Char

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Im thinking about starting a new toon. The toss-off is between Cabalist, Wizard or Sorcerer.

I couldn't trust myself to be a sorcerer, they have to take so much shit if their mezz doesn't work, but would be a fun role to play to see a fg of mids thundering at you and you cast a spell and they stop in their tracks.

Wizard i like the idea of pure damage, i tried my friends ice wizard - didnt get a chance to try him in rvr, i really liked the damage he does (albeit on Advisors). But i like the idea of lots of damage - however im in a guild who doesn't run caster groups - so i would have to go fire probably to max damage output.

Cabalist - always had ideas about this. Really wanted a iconnu cabby :D Like the idea of spirt debuff/nuke. And i always had a liking for pet class's. Another thing i like about these class's are doing tanglers or gobbo's at the house. I know i would need to do it with someone to take on the tangler - but still good money (nothing beats tanglers for money)

I would like advice from these class player. Would like reasons why you think your class is better. Prefferably not just "wizzie's rox", i would like replys that show the player has some idea about their class, not just a pl-pbae wiz.

Thanks very much in advance :D

Night

Fledgling Freddie
I have a body sorc, and never regetted speccing her body since, you get so many spells to cast, you can play a role in any grp, altho body sorcs shine best in caster grps.
But as a nuking specc, i can do more than Wizz's, green pet, ghetto aoe mezz to cast on tanks to leg it and yellow aoe root, single mezz and single root, stat debuffs, resist debuffs and a stlong specc nuke, aswell as a nice lifetap.
And green pets! :clap:
but as i play in caster grps alot, not usually first to die

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
well i play a theurg :) .. but i belive body sorc will prove stronger and stronger as ppl learn how to play .. simply becuase of all the utility they got as damage casters .. which for albs is new ....

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Spirit Cabalist in my opinion mate

Since sorcs got this new lifetap all the fotm sorcs who rolled a few months ago when they got previous loving have crawled form the woodwork,

we now need debuffers :p

Also spirit cabalist very fun to play apparantly

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Night said:
I have a body sorc, and never regetted speccing her body since, you get so many spells to cast, you can play a role in any grp, altho body sorcs shine best in caster grps.
But as a nuking specc, i can do more than Wizz's, green pet, ghetto aoe mezz to cast on tanks to leg it and yellow aoe root, single mezz and single root, stat debuffs, resist debuffs and a stlong specc nuke, aswell as a nice lifetap.
And green pets! :clap:
but as i play in caster grps alot, not usually first to die

Smuchins :wub:

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
I think you might want to edit that, the phrase is "toss-up"... what you've put means something quite different.

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Wildfire said:
I think you might want to edit that, the phrase is "toss-up"... what you've put means something quite different.

ROFLMAO

Perhaps he knows exactly what he means WF? :wub:

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Wildfire said:

I know wot the phrase is supposed to be :p just wanted to have a giggle :D

/edit :twak: Wildfire - i was expecting your say on Sorc's and Wizzies

nother thing lets see if i can summon the great PIN to give me advice .... ~oooooooom~

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Brynn said:
nother thing lets see if i can summon the great PIN to give me advice .... ~oooooooom~
Errr. Well, I have a Mind Sorc and an Ice Wiz (no Cabalist, but I'm thinking about it). At the moment I'm enjoying playing my Sorcerer most.

But what you choose to play is up to you, the different classes play differently, and different specs within those classes play differently and you basically list 6 different casters in your post.

Everyone has different tastes, enjoy doing different things, so it all comes down to what you want to do. I'm not going to give specific advice on what I think you should play as, a) you'll no doubt have different tastes to me, and b) I would enjoy playing all of them :p

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Well...

I tend to find that my success rate while playing my wizard is heavily reliant on the abilities of the other group members who "make the play" so-to-speak, much like the line of scrimmage in american football sets the field up so that the quarterback can do his thing. Without a decent RvR guild you will find playing an ice wizard a very frustrating and difficult experience. When it comes together though, your impact is felt more than any other single class in the realm. Also it can't be understated how bloody good it feels to nuke for 500+ and create mass deathspam when you moc-PBAE.

Sorcerers on the other hand are another kettle of fish completely. While as a wizard you're reliant on the other players in the group to make the play, a good sorc can turn a poor group into a competitive one, and an a good group into a force to be reckoned with. You have to bare a few things in mind though; unless you have a good minstrel driver, you must enjoy driving. A requirement for leadership skills goes hand-in-hand with this, as it is the driver of any group that should be making the calls. You should expect to get it in the neck at the start of any fight - you will have time to get off one, perhaps two casts before you will have to turn and run, because you can guarantee everyone will have you in their sights by then.

Personally I enjoy my sorc more because it gives me more variety. The class has higher utility than any other in the game, and can solo as well as group. Assuming you play as well at RR1 as you do at RR5+, the class is also more forgiving I suppose at low realm ranks, as MOC and Purge are (in my opinion at least) truly essential for an ice wizard to be successful. They're also more wanted - you can play a sorcerer in a tank group, a mage group, or whatever else you come up with - CC is essential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom