New caster speed introduced in 1.75 and how it affects the main speed classes

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
1,023
Yesterday I was reading VN Boards a bit when I came accross a topic about the speed increase that the caster/healer speed gets. First of all I want to ask, why was there such a need to increase the speed line of the caster classes?

Secondly, the fact is that the new top caster speed is comparable to speed 4.5 and with sprint they actually outrun the top speed of the main speed classes. So for example, aug shaman + RM can run at perma speed 5.5. Now this concerns me in some ways, mainly for the minstrel and skald classes as the bard is needed in any group anyway due to CC. Now that there isn't much difference in caster speed and minsterl/skald/bard speed, wouldnt a group chose the utility and damage of a caster above the speed of a minstrel/skald? Mainly for Albion I can imagine a group wanting an extra sorc or theurgist instead of a minstrel now.

The last thing that concerns me is about solo PVP/RVR'ing. Speed 5 classes could normally easily outrun any caster or catch up on them fairly easily. Now it seems like without endurance regen pots it will be hard to catch up casters with speed when solo'ing (altho this is something that I'm concerned about less than the other 2).

Please Mythic, make this new caster speed PVE only or give the skald/minstrel/bard speed a little boost too so caster speed + sprint doesnt outrun speed 5. Discuss...
 

Gamah

Banned
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
13,042
Mythic should increase mach 5 to mach 6, however they dont give a shit about minstrels and to a lesser extent skalds...they fuck our stealth up then make us useless in groups.

TY mythic
 

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
4,462
What I can tell of caster speed on US server is that it only feels like it improved in NON rvr zones. same with normal run speed. its very nice to travel in pve areas fast but once I port to sauvage my Ho gets slow again ;<

I cant tell for sure its the same with caster speed but it feels like it with my theurgist. truly
 

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
329
If you read patchnotes you'll see that it doesnt work in PvP, also it doesnt stack with other speeds. But primary speedclasses might suffer a bit...
 

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
895
Aragyn said:
If you read patchnotes you'll see that it doesnt work in PvP, also it doesnt stack with other speeds. But primary speedclasses might suffer a bit...
Also not in RvR I think
 

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
1,023
Aragyn said:
If you read patchnotes you'll see that it doesnt work in PvP, also it doesnt stack with other speeds. But primary speedclasses might suffer a bit...
Ok we're talking about 2 different speeds here. Let me clarify.

The first speed increase was for everyone, it's just an increase to normal, out of combat walking speed. This speed increase works in PVE only.

The second speed increase was for the secundary speed classes (RM/Healer/Theurgist/Sorcerer/Vampiir/Enchanter/Warden). This speed increase does work both in PVE and in RVR. It's been tested and the Minstrel Team Leader has also asked the devs and got told that it works in both RvR and PvE. The topic on the VN Boards related to this is here:

http://vnboards.ign.com/Albion_Rogue_Professions/b20906/86371279/?51
 

Gamah

Banned
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
13,042
Its even worse for primary speed classes (read:Not bards) in this new expantion with mounts.
 

Zebolt

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
3,247
Thegreatest said:
The last thing that concerns me is about solo PVP/RVR'ing. Speed 5 classes could normally easily outrun any caster or catch up on them fairly easily. Now it seems like without endurance regen pots it will be hard to catch up casters with speed when solo'ing (altho this is something that I'm concerned about less than the other 2).
I don't really see your point here. They can still catch up and outrun a caster since they got faster speed. And why is it a bad thing if it's a little bit harder? I have no chance in hell to ever get away from a ministrel as it is now, with this new speed I will still have a very little chance to get away but there might be a possibility, why is that so bad?
 

Gamah

Banned
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
13,042
caster + sprint is mach 5.5...caster without end = still the same dmg, minstrel without end = hardly any dmg.
 

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
331
Gamah said:
caster + sprint is mach 5.5...caster without end = still the same dmg, minstrel without end = hardly any dmg.
Minstrel Mezz/Stun - Caster speed = 0

:)
 

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
1,023
Zebolt said:
I don't really see your point here. They can still catch up and outrun a caster since they got faster speed. And why is it a bad thing if it's a little bit harder? I have no chance in hell to ever get away from a ministrel as it is now, with this new speed I will still have a very little chance to get away but there might be a possibility, why is that so bad?
You aren't supposed to get away from a bard/minstrel/skald, hell thats why they've got speed 5 and are the primary speed classes. They're wanted for their speed mainly (I'm not talking about the bard here), not cause the skald has 2 dd's that interrupt and the oh so uber damage (thane would do both better tbh and a thane adds more to the group than a skald if you don't count the speed, like bg and stuff). And Gamah got a point there, the other point is when you solo post 1.75 as a speed class it's a must to have end pots with you. Cause a caster with end pots will outrun you if you ain't got end pots yourself. And like I said, RM+Shaman or Theurgist/Sorcerer+Paladin is perma speed 5.5
 

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
335
Gamah said:
Mythic should increase mach 5 to mach 6, however they dont give a shit about minstrels and to a lesser extent skalds...they fuck our stealth up then make us useless in groups.

TY mythic
Well it was wrong to give minstrels stealth from the start so... qq
 

Gamah

Banned
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
13,042
Great counter argument..instead of posting something constructive you post "qq", I think some cs forum is missing thier idiot :(
 

Gamah

Banned
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
13,042
Look, your chance to post something constructive has gone to waste :< you replyed "qq" to what..up untill now has been a constructive thread...I think some CS board somewhere is missing thier board idiot.
 

Puppet

Resident Freddy
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
3,232
Gamah said:
Mythic should increase mach 5 to mach 6, however they dont give a shit about minstrels and to a lesser extent skalds...they fuck our stealth up then make us useless in groups.

TY mythic

LOL. Gamah complaining about mincer lacking love from Mythic Its the frigging love-child in the game as is :flame:

It will just make it easier for Albion to make competative groupsetups; you should be happy xD
 

Gamah

Banned
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
13,042
No puppet minstrel is slowly being made useless (Not all of us want to play stealth wars 24/7), If i did I would have rolled an infil. I don't see how nerfing a speed class to make alb groups actully have some utility is a good thing.

Minstrels love child? ummm..k

You were whining about a "support" class being able to solo well, but at the same time our "support" class has no place in alb groups...Just sound like another guy whos idea of balancing a minstrel is making it totaly useless.
 

Brite

Banned
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
67
do you see skalds crying ?

they got shit melee, about all they have is speed

minstrels got so many tools its silly, you have absolutely no grounds to whine whatso ever, if anyone should be whining its skalds

gamah always has to have somthing to whine about
 

Gamah

Banned
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
13,042
Skalds have superior melee to minstrels (hi there 600 on chain), resist chants, dmg add, high dmging dd's, insta mez, insta speed, no need for instrements...and yes skalds whined a lot that there class had no solo options.

Dont make it sound like skalds have nothing to play with and don't make it sound like they have crap melee, Skalds > Minstrels in 1v1.

Only thing that skalds lack is stealth and ablative and ofc the all important stun! but have vastly superior offence to minstrels.

OFC you would whine too if you class kept being passively nerfed and you were not a 1 button spamming nublet :>, First a RA nerf, now a speed nerf..Making us worthless in groups. I am sure we would see the tears streaming down your face if all classes got access to a insta lifetap.

Saying I "always" have something to whine about just shows how narrow minded you are..I am echoing a vast majority of the minstrel (and skald) community in expressing my concerns about the upcomming changes.

But you can't express concern here because your just a whiner who should QQ, god forbid anyone wants to have an intelligent argument.
 

Kahvi

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Messages
223
Mm im a bit frustrated to about my mincer not getting any rvr groups to. One of the biggest problems i think is mincers wanna be good solo and in group. Respec ra:s to Amelodie 3, SoS 2 and Moc for better demezz maybe would be an idea. + go warlord insted of sojo..

Sorry i lost the topic.. i agree at some points whit Gamah tho i dont think giving mincers mach 6 would make it better, i think people will leave mincers out of the group and get a 2 sorc or a nother damage dealer anyway.
 

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
1,332
minstrels were always an op class, and after this speed increase they'll still be :p
its like reading some bonedancers whining about 1 sec lifetap.. youre already op ffs :p

btw gamah in your comperasion between skalds and minstrels you forgot to mention a minstrel is able(well, a good one is able) to run around WITH speed and a CHARMED RED pet at the same time.. a little nothing? :p
 

Gamah

Banned
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
13,042
Righthandof said:
minstrels were always an op class, and after this speed increase they'll still be :p
its like reading some bonedancers whining about 1 sec lifetap.. youre already op ffs :p

btw gamah in your comperasion between skalds and minstrels you forgot to mention a minstrel is able(well, a good one is able) to run around WITH speed and a CHARMED RED pet at the same time.. a little nothing? :p
Obviously you have never played a minstrel :p, its not easy to twist speed and hold a red con pet in rvr unless your rr8+ and many rr8+ minstrels dont include inst in thier templates*

Sure they have the ABILITY to do it but its no way practical in RVR, I would much rather have ablative, stealth and uninterupted speed, because I promise you the pets always resist at the wrong time :) red pets are very hard to hol (lvl 60) and this argument is always laughed off by any experianced minstrel.
 

Brite

Banned
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
67
fact is skald has speed + melee and thats about it

dont start making a magical fairy land about minstrels being as worse off as skalds beacuse they are not, no way near at all, so if a skald does actually manage to hit somthing for 600 ? see trollum screenie of you doing so, thats 2H damage and a hell of a lot slower than minstrel, skald melee is only marginally better than minstrel, dont talk about the single mezz and snare and resists like they are amazing, they are for the interupt factor and thats about it, not useful in group at all, as for going on about resists WHY?

minstrel has demezz, abalives, decent mezzes not timered, insta stun PLUS what a skald has to offer to a group and then minstrels get the added bonus of being able to solo with stealth or with a red pet, climb walls, i could go on here....

yeh they fucked over speed classes, BUT minstrels get ZERO sympathy what so ever

as for inteligent arguement, omg 1 button spammer nub....... yeh gamah, inteligent arguement there :clap:
 

Gamah

Banned
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
13,042
Brite said:
fact is skald has speed + melee and thats about it

dont start making a magical fairy land about minstrels being as worse off as skalds beacuse they are not, no way near at all, so if a skald does actually manage to hit somthing for 600 ? see trollum screenie of you doing so, thats 2H damage and a hell of a lot slower than minstrel, skald melee is only marginally better than minstrel, dont talk about the single mezz and snare and resists like they are amazing, they are for the interupt factor and thats about it, not useful in group at all, as for going on about resists WHY?

Minstrel has demezz, abalives, decent mezzes not timered, insta stun PLUS what a skald has to offer to a group and then minstrels get the added bonus of being able to solo with stealth or with a red pet, climb walls, i could go on here....

yeh they fucked over speed classes, BUT minstrels get ZERO sympathy what so ever

as for inteligent arguement, omg 1 button spammer nub....... yeh gamah, inteligent arguement there :clap:
Lol at this red pet argument, anyway..so skalds get speed and melee thats it? no dmg chant/insta mez/resist chants/heal song (supperior to minstrels)/access to 2h weaps/dd's :<

Minstrel has ae mez on a 5 second timer..at least they changed it from the "Hey look at me" animation...3 second flute mez UNMODIFIED but dex/toa bonuses, can be cast while moving but is also bugged to hell.

I don't believe I said skalds were better off than minstrels anywhere...zero sympathy from a mid and more importantly a bonedancer, what a shame. I'm sure minstrels are sooooo op, compared to say warlocks.

.....and ok your a 3 button class because you actully use root :fluffle:.

And climb walls is worthless with low minstrel stealth, uncovered by anything higher con than an orange guard <o/ (I don't actully have climb walls :p).

You appear to have attacked the minstrel class (whaen playing a stupidly overpowered class yourself) for no reason, thats not the issue here..the issue is a once key albion group class is now outperformed by other classes, its a sad day for the skald/minstrel community.

Oh and Edit: Loving the FG of mids camping beno bridge at 9am in the morning when theres 5 albs in HW all stealthers :p
 

Brite

Banned
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
67
Gamah said:
Lol at this red pet argument, anyway..so skalds get speed and melee thats it? no dmg chant/insta mez/resist chants/heal song (supperior to minstrels)/access to 2h weaps/dd's :<

Minstrel has ae mez on a 5 second timer..at least they changed it from the "Hey look at me" animation...3 second flute mez UNMODIFIED but dex/toa bonuses, can be cast while moving but is also bugged to hell.

I don't believe I said skalds were better off than minstrels anywhere...zero sympathy from a mid and more importantly a bonedancer, what a shame. I'm sure minstrels are sooooo op, compared to say warlocks.

.....and ok your a 3 button class because you actully use root :fluffle:.

And climb walls is worthless with low minstrel stealth, uncovered by anything higher con than an orange guard <o/ (I don't actully have climb walls :p).

You appear to have attacked the minstrel class (whaen playing a stupidly overpowered class yourself) for no reason, thats not the issue here..the issue is a once key albion group class is now outperformed by other classes, its a sad day for the skald/minstrel community.
gamah i dont want to agree with you beacuse your gamah :(
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom