New case/motherboard

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Suggestions? need a new case because the legs/side fan(hardwired to the case so cant be replaced) and one of the grates is fucked (thanks son!) and my motherboard has had issues with networking lately + my mate reckons its possibly shorting my PC as he plugged a USB cable into it and it made a buzzy noise before BSOD.

what I was looking at

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-100-CS - £69.95 - Case (seems spacious enough/good air flow)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-391-GI - £76.99 - Motherboard (fits the ram I already have/1600mhz dd3/16gig)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
About 10inches or so for the gfx card, that's the biggest bit really. CPU cooler is low profile so would fit in anything probably.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Bit of an odd design, never tried Lian-Li cases myself. I assume the PSU goes under the HDD cages?

Athan

Resident Freddy
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-100-CS - £69.95 - Case (seems spacious enough/good air flow)

That's the case I've been eyeing up for a new build. After watching the Linus Tech Tips reviews of a few it looks like it is spacious enough, and with good cable management, plus available mounts to add more fans if needs be. It does also have plenty of space for longer graphics cards.

Oh and it's currently slightly cheaper at ebuyer: http://www.ebuyer.com/351501-corsair-carbide-300r-case-cc-9011014-ww
although that motherboard is £10 more expensive, so overclockers the better deal overall.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yea, I was looking at the 200R first but I prefer the side fan locations on the 300R.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Dude I have the 540R, which while not a miditower per-se, is of the same make. I can say they make some cracking cases. Only thing I am displeased about on mine is that the SSD "container" is positioned directly above the PSU even though there's a tonne of space to put it elsewhere. Other than that, Corsair 10/10 tbh.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Dude I have the 540R, which while not a miditower per-se, is of the same make. I can say they make some cracking cases. Only thing I am displeased about on mine is that the SSD "container" is positioned directly above the PSU even though there's a tonne of space to put it elsewhere. Other than that, Corsair 10/10 tbh.

Does this cause problems with the SSD?
I love the look of this case and I am seriously considering buying one.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You can do anything with an SSD, stick it on a bit of velcro on the side of the hard drive cage if they don't provide a logical place for it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have a big fuck off Comos-S which pisses me off no end, its too damn big. Absolutely silent though.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Does this cause problems with the SSD?
I love the look of this case and I am seriously considering buying one.

I don't know! It's very likely fine otherwise Corsair would never have done it... it's just something I object to.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Something silent would be nice, had bad past experiences with a pre-noise dampened cases tho :p got one awhile back and everything was overheating because the airflow was terrible on it... was silent as fuck though, you literally wouldnt know it was turned on were it not for the LED's on the fans.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Gone with original choice in the end, just keep reading good things about the 300R, just need to make it child proof now.... son is now in the terrible 2's so he's hyper most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom