Bad taste New car!

gohan

FH is my second home
Biggest over priced hair dressers car on the planet, would not be seen dead driving one.

the old one was always labled a hairdressers car, the new one doesn't have a lable yet other than the fact it's called a TT people always just jump on the bandwagon as they have no opinions of their own

personal i think the new one is really nice and i'd have one

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
desicration .. choppers are choppers dont put motors on them ffs

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
actualy i really like the new audi TT

the old one was horrific but the new one looks really smart

zzzzzzzzzzzz.......sorry did someone post a picture of a car or something?

gohan

FH is my second home
zzzzzzzzzzzz.......sorry did someone post a picture of a car or something?

ye... how dare i post a picture of a car that's being talked about in a thread about cars.....

what WAS i thinking

Bodhi

ye... how dare i post a picture of a car that's being talked about in a thread about cars.....

what WAS i thinking

WHOOOSH!

I was referring to how utterly tedious the Audi TT is, it's still just a Golf in a frock. Z4M ftw!

gohan

FH is my second home
WHOOOSH!

I was referring to how utterly tedious the Audi TT is, it's still just a Golf in a frock. Z4M ftw!

i totatly agreed with the old model

my post was about the new model tho, and as of yet nobody has had anything more intelligent to say than "OLOLOL AUDI TT IS R B FOR HAIRDRESSERERERS"

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Audi is a triumph of aspiration over engineering. At one time they were the vehicle of choice for those who wanted a nice quality car, but who didn't want to seem too wealthy, or brash:

YouTube - ‪audi ad‬‏

Remember that? How removed it is from the image Audi proffer today.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Irrespective of any perceived issues with their image (largely fostered by one J.Clarkson esq.) Audis are still fantastically well-engineered cars. As for the TT, the only people who call the current version a hairdresser's car are people who haven't driven one. The base model is one of the sweetest handling front-drivers on the market (much better than the Scirocco which gets all the plaudits) but the higher spec versions aren't worth it.

Personally I'd by another Audi for the quality of the interiors alone.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
fantastically well-engineered cars.

No, they're not. Really, they're not. They're no better than most other manufacturers, but they sell a "premium" car at "premium" prices, and people fall for it.

I should know, I've had the old A4 (good car, reliable apart from failing bushes on the front suspension and a dead MAF), and the original 225 TT (shit car, bits fell off all the time, got rid after only 4 months).

If you want a "fantastically well-engineered" car then buy a Porsche, or a Toyota, or similar. Don't fall for the hype that VAG cars are anything but ordinary. A well screwed-together interior doesn't mean that everything under the skin is as good. Don't believe me? Look at the JD Power Survey results, Audi are in eighth position, below Lexus, Honda, Jaguar, Skoda, Mini, Mercedes and BMW.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
If you want a "fantastically well-engineered" car then buy a Porsche, or a Toyota, or similar. Don't fall for the hype that VAG cars are anything but ordinary.

But aren't Porsche the parent company of VW, Audi....Skoda....Seat...and so on?

Bodhi

The problem I have with Audis, ignoring the fact of how unbelievably tedious they have become (Audi Quattro - yes please, Audi TT - meh), is the nagging suspicion they are mostly put together with bits of Volkswagen, and VW's ime have a habit of going expensively wrong.

Plus, have you felt how fucking shocking the ride is in a modern Audi? A good friends A3 S-Line feels like it is being suspended by concrete blocks, its bordering on painful. I know a modern BM can get a bit jiggly, but never as bad as that A3. I nearly burst a pile!

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Didn't you have some bad luck with the old car?

Congrats though, good choice for a zippy runabout!

DaGaffer

Don't believe me? Look at the JD Power Survey results, Audi are in eighth position, below Lexus, Honda, Jaguar, Skoda, Mini, Mercedes and BMW.

JD Power is also about perceived service. And just because I rate Audi highly doesn't mean I don't also rate other VW group brands. Personally my experience of Audi was my S3 and that was built like a bank vault, but I'm sure I'd probably feel the same way if I'd owned a Golf R.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The problem I have with Audis, ignoring the fact of how unbelievably tedious they have become (Audi Quattro - yes please, Audi TT - meh), is the nagging suspicion they are mostly put together with bits of Volkswagen, and VW's ime have a habit of going expensively wrong.

Plus, have you felt how fucking shocking the ride is in a modern Audi? A good friends A3 S-Line feels like it is being suspended by concrete blocks, its bordering on painful. I know a modern BM can get a bit jiggly, but never as bad as that A3. I nearly burst a pile!

The Audi S-Line's are known for being like that. it's best not to go for that version if you wan't to drive comfortably or find a very smooth road!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I was looking at a Saab 93 2.0T sports line the other day. Am I turning into an old man? :(

edit: it was also an automatic 0o

edit: but the white/black leather seats were pretty!

DaGaffer

I was looking at a Saab 93 2.0T sports line the other day. Am I turning into an old man? :(

Yes. But since I'm busily eyeing up 5-series estates, I can hardly talk.

edit: it was also an automatic 0o

Nothing wrong with that. The day when all cars are autos is coming anyway, so just roll with it.

edit: but the white/black leather seats were pretty!

Now that's just wrong.

If it was a new one, I'd say avoid as Saab may not be long for this world if they don't sort out their ownership/investor issues.

TdC

nah mate, tis not new. buying a new car makes me wince, given the distances I drive, which are minimal tbh. I just want rid of my diesel Polo, so it's either a TSI Golf (meh) or something else.

this is a something else candidate (dutch webshite)

Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan 2.0 T Aut. Vector

TdC

yeah, it's a saab. you either tolerate the dash, or don't get one :D

DaGaffer

It's gold metallic. I take it back, you are an old man.

There are better saloons for the money if that's the type of car you want. Personally I'd get the Golf.

TdC

:(:(:(

Golfs have no soul man, no SOUL!!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Zzzz, it's a front wheel drive Saab, boring. For that money you could buy a 986 Boxster.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Mmmm I like the Saab, shame about colour :( , fuck auto's, never will I own one. Too boring and no control over the car, bad enough riding a auto / semi auto bike, let alone a car erg.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Rule #1: Never buy an American car.
RUle #2: Should you not respect rule #1, never complain :p

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Ford is American....according to GT5, I spent ages spec-ing up a RS Focus for the european stages only to realise it didnt count cos Ford is a US car and not european

Fuckers!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom