New bunch of Beta invites over Usa

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Can´t remember last beta I didnt got into tbh :D

Applied for maybe 10-12

I think this is the 1st Beta I have applied to in very long time ... In fact it may be the only beta I have applied to in nealy 30 years of gaming (Though in the dawn of gaming the concept of a Beta didn't exist). They pretty much don't tend to interest me at an early stage (Am I the only one who remembers playing Colossal Cave Adventure and Zork ?).

What I would be intrigued to know, what is the bug reporting process and how do you get feedback on whether your bug has been addressed.

Also has the beta that people are running atm been patched at all. So is the Euro version pretty much uptodate with US version.

Also how is the language translation going. Is it being translated as they go, or waiting for a latter stage push on the languages (I would imagine its the 1st one, since you need to be making sure your translation process is working well). Tbh I would imagine all text is in a database, with a last changed date/created date, which would identify new data for translation as it arrives. With a sub date for the retranslated on a language by language basis. It would imagine sub patches for language translations. ;)

Well lets hope that all language text has been properly stripped out of client/ server messaging. So servers can be rationalised between languages without the problems experienced with DAOC. But I can't imagine that mistake being made again.

Ooops went off topic a bit there.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Seems it misinterpreted my dxdiag to just an Intel 2.4 rather than a Core2Duo 2.4 (which I had to select myself from the list).

Sounds all too familiar... I had exactly teh same issue on that one :/

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
I'm also playing the beta (EU) atm, give me a tell if someone see me (Urme/Urmee/Flurme).

I hope I didn't break the NDA by telling that :)

StyxScout

Fledgling Freddie
Congrats on the Beta guys.

I have beta'd so many games i really do feel old. Hell my first online game was Meridian 59 before i moved to UO.

I find myself looking at my WAR profile and email way to often.

Perhaps im just winding myself up.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Just got a beta invite.......

for Tabula Rasa :(

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Well, no beta invite just yet, not even in my spambox :( - but apparently there are 15000 beautiful russian women waiting for me. Guess i know what to do if i dont get an invite! \o/

Givf group in beta!!!! :p

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Some good news when it comes to guild beta invites:

Requiel said:
Just to clear up a few points. No guilds have yet had a guild beta invite, they haven't been sent out yet for various reasons. We'll be sending our guild beta invites out at the same time that Mythic contacts the US based guilds and we'll be sure to let you all know when that happens so you can go and check your mailboxes. Hopefully it should be soon but as ever 'soon' means different things to different people. Finally to address the rumour that only 120 European guilds are being invited, that's not true. The exact number hasn't yet been finalised but it's closer to 120 per language and not 120 total.

Source

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Fingers crossed then thats pretty good news. Still wondering quite how they pick the guilds for the beta, is it totally random or do they research the guilds first?

I'm kinda hoping they do some research and pick guilds on merit other beta`s have seemed very random and as I say I've never got into a single beta ever maybe I should have got one of our officers to apply for our guild instead of me ;)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Well hopefully it's not entirely random. I for one hope that they scan their entire DB for guildnames as well, and not just go for the most recent ones. I mean, we played for several years - but have been playing other games recently. There's a fine line between loyalty and stubbornness. :)

I'm sure there were a lot of "guilds" that formed just for the signup, several with just 1 or 2 members. Hopefully, old guilds with several members, a website and a track record have at least a chance of some priority.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Fingers crossed for my 1 man guild

<Blowjobs for Beta invites>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom