New Build

T

tris-

im thinking of also upgrading my comp for around 300 quid ish, less if possible. i only need -

cpu
mobo
some RAM

edit: upgrading from 1.1GHZ athlon and kt133 mobo

X

xane

Also check out eBuyer for the same stuff, since Dabs revised their postage system it is worthwhile looking around for larger orders.

And always, always get 2 sticks of RAM, check out Crucial direct for RAM as they have quality stuff at good prices with no postage charge.

I think the RAM you chosen is cheaper with Crucial anyway.

S

S-Gray

Hm, can i ask why i should have ordered 2sticks of 128mb instead of just 256?

T

tris-

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]
Hm, can i ask why i should have ordered 2sticks of 128mb instead of just 256?

if the RAM stops working, you can test if its the board or stick or what then if you need to send one stick back you still have one in your comp.

W

Will

The nForce has Dual-channel RAM, so it takes avantage of having two sticks in ways I don't even bother to understand at 10pm. Its just good.

S

S-Gray

hmm, i found that 2* 128mb DDR was considerably dearer on Dabs than just one bank of memory

Hopefully the order of gear will be here next week sometime, then i can concentrate on the small stuff which i dont need off the internet

S

S-Gray

New parts arrived today apparently....

Because they didnt have the nForce mobo in stock, i had to go get another Motherboard, some Gigabyte mobo...

Gonna pick parts up now

S

S-Gray

Well, everything went well installing the Motherboard.... only problem i had was the fuckin CPU Fan, took me like 30mins to get it on, by that time both of my thumbs where sliced open, and index fingers, but when it finally slipped in, i yelled in joy.

The motherboard i got was a Gigabyte GA-7ZXE KT133 Skt-A

Im off later/tomorrow to buy an Intel PCI Modem... but which Slot would be best to use the modem in? Sounds onboard so dont need a Soundcard so... fire away?

L

legendario

You want to know the best slot for an intel PCI modem?

:)

*random number generator*

3?

S

S-Gray

3 it is then!

*hopes*

Think im gonna turn the comp on now, it dont have a HD so im just gonna go into the BIOS n shit...

Hopefully it wont blow up

*prepares to eat words*

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]
Well, everything went well... only problem i had was the fuckin sextoy, took me like 30mins to get it on, by that time both of my thumbs where sliced open, and index fingers, but when it finally slipped in, i yelled in joy.

So cheap, and still so funny.

D

danger

Heh memories of teh first poota I build were:

20 minutes of patiently trying to get the heatsink on followed by..... FFS FUCKING HEATSINK GET THE FUCK ON..... YOU SEE THAT WINDOW EH? YOU SEE IT? THAT'S WHERE YOU'LL BE HEADING IF YOU DON'T CLIP ONTO THE MOBO FFFS FFFFFFFSSS..... Few it's done.... *adrenaline subsides* OWWWW my fingers are in several pieces :p

How'd it go SG... all sorted?

BTW. the heatsink is even more of a bitch to get off..... so prey you don't have to ;)

S

S-Gray

heh went smoothly, and got paid £120...

Not bad eh eh eh? :D

P

PR.

I remember trying to fit my Dual P3 1ghz stock HSFs. I got one clipped on then it broke the bloody clip on the site of the ZIF socket :(

Dabs took it back when I'm told them the story, and put it as a DOA.

This is why I luv Dabs :)

K

kameleon

£120 quid?for that he couldhave had

gf4ti420
2*40 gig maxtor ata133 hdd
half a dvdr
5*5 port usb2.0 pci cards
1.5 GB pc133 ram
4 hours of pleasure with a manchester hoe

D

danger

SG "Forum Conman" possible custom title? :p

oh well prey you don't get the phenomenon of infant mortality in any of your parts... will mean you might have to earn ya money :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom